IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Hopefully2012 » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Status checker issue resolved today for me.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby neeko » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:48 pm

They never sent me a status checker. Anybody else?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby stillwater » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:50 pm

Received an unsolicited fee waiver today. Seems a little delayed.

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Champion » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 am

Status checker still saying Application Incomplete. It has to be something on their part, I've went complete at almost every school I've applied, and even been accepted a few places. I just wrote an email to see what's going on.

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby ColtsFan88 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:34 am

I called them about the status checker and they said it was a glitch and to check back in a week or two.

Sounds more like they are slow with the data entry than a glitch...

northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby northside » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:23 am

This might be a dumb question but I was freaking out this morning that I misinterpreted the question, 1. Do you seek admission as a college graduate?

Does a yes mean I've already graduated? Or that I will graduate by the time I attend?

[dumb question I know, but im freaking out.]

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby TommyK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:19 pm

northside wrote:This might be a dumb question but I was freaking out this morning that I misinterpreted the question, 1. Do you seek admission as a college graduate?

Does a yes mean I've already graduated? Or that I will graduate by the time I attend?

[dumb question I know, but im freaking out.]


I think it can be interpreted both ways, but I would interpret it as what your status is right now. That being said, just pick up the phone and call 'em to get some clarity on it. It's no big deal and they're helpful.

If it doesn't mean that, it's a pretty silly question, because all applicants will expect to be college graduates by the time they finish. They will get much more ridiculous questions. I guarantee.

northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby northside » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:23 pm

Just called. It actually does mean: will you have graduated by the time you attend?

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby TommyK » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:31 pm

northside wrote:Just called. It actually does mean: will you have graduated by the time you attend?


ha, okay - that's a silly question, then. Glad you called. I think your wording is much more clear. If this whole lawyering thing doesn't work for you, you should open up a consulting business, helping law schools with their app process.

lawschoolgrapedme
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby lawschoolgrapedme » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:52 pm

do not go to iu-b. i am a transfer from iu-b so i have seen the vast differences that exist between schools. if you go to iu-b you will become unemployed and deep in debt. if you received a full ride, you will be in the exact spot you are now - unemployed - only in three years you will have a worthless degree from a school that every year churns out 250 students (of which maybe 30 will be gainfully employed, with another 70 under employed, and the remainder unemployed). if you think you will be one of those 30, best of luck to you. that is all.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:57 pm

lawschoolgrapedme wrote:do not go to iu-b. i am a transfer from iu-b so i have seen the vast differences that exist between schools. if you go to iu-b you will become unemployed and deep in debt. if you received a full ride, you will be in the exact spot you are now - unemployed - only in three years you will have a worthless degree from a school that every year churns out 250 students (of which maybe 30 will be gainfully employed, with another 70 under employed, and the remainder unemployed). if you think you will be one of those 30, best of luck to you. that is all.

Image

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=146613

MillerTime12
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby MillerTime12 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:34 pm

Update: I just called about the status checker problem and the woman said that it is just a glitch in the computer system. In other words, it affects neither the order in which files are reviewed nor whether one's file is ready for review or not. She also said that they probably won't even begin to review files until mid to late December. :(

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Cornelius » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Sent my app two weeks ago, never received any email from them containing status checker or even acknowledging receipt. Guess I should email them.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby neeko » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Cornelius wrote:Sent my app two weeks ago, never received any email from them containing status checker or even acknowledging receipt. Guess I should email them.


I haven't either, same time frame.

dreamflower
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby dreamflower » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:26 pm

neeko wrote:
Cornelius wrote:Sent my app two weeks ago, never received any email from them containing status checker or even acknowledging receipt. Guess I should email them.


I haven't either, same time frame.


Same here. Not sure how long I should wait before emailing them about it.

User avatar
CattyPake
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby CattyPake » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:56 pm

Haven't gotten a status checker either.

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby benito » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:23 pm

ive heard nothing from IUB either, submitted the 11th. So doesn't appear to be out of the ordinary

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:37 pm

I'm in the same boat about having heard no word. Has anyone e-mailed them about this? I'll call on Monday regardless.

dreamflower
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:17 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby dreamflower » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:42 pm

Gail wrote:I'm in the same boat about having heard no word. Has anyone e-mailed them about this? I'll call on Monday regardless.


I haven't emailed, but please post after you speak with them.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Definitely will. I'm more comforted to know that others are having the same issue and that they're just bumbling around with us all

jcruz1
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:46 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby jcruz1 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:42 pm

I emailed them over a week ago, and have yet to receive a response.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:42 pm

They're terrible at responding to e-mail. Better on the phone.

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 am

So just called. They just seem to be slow with their admissions process. I wouldn't be concerned with not getting a status checker. They seem to be operating on a very slow basis. Which is fine, just irregular.

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby benito » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:26 pm

irregular and a bit frustrating. gail did they provide any info or was it just a 'be patient' deal?

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:56 pm

E-Mail and my heart went ^

Status checker shows incomplete and my heart went v


:(




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”