IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
rijed

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby rijed » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:49 pm

btw384 wrote:To those who have been accepted: how long did it take you to get your acceptance package in the mail? I was accepted about a month ago and still have no package. The status checker said it was mailed on February 5.

Don't pay attention to that date. I was accepted in December and didn't receive my packet until Feb (though it said mailed in December).

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:21 pm

rijed wrote:
btw384 wrote:To those who have been accepted: how long did it take you to get your acceptance package in the mail? I was accepted about a month ago and still have no package. The status checker said it was mailed on February 5.

Don't pay attention to that date. I was accepted in December and didn't receive my packet until Feb (though it said mailed in December).

I got my packet about 2 days later. I think it varies.

Any TLS social/drinking events at SLD? :D

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:41 pm

iowalum wrote:I got my packet about 2 days later. I think it varies.

Any TLS social/drinking events at SLD? :D

Last year groups of people went out the night before. The night of they had a small buffet set up at a restaurant then people ended up going to a club, I think? I kind of wanted to hang out with people and get to know my future classmates so we went to a bar and hung out there.

phillipjg

Postby phillipjg » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:08 pm

7ate9 wrote:
phillipjg wrote:Yes. They offered to pay flight, transportation from indianapolis to bloomington, and hotel. The email said It was because I got a scholarship, so I assume every recipient got that email.

Are you going to take advantage of it? Was your scholarship full tuition?

I got 10k a year. I'm waiting to book until the week of the deadline, just in case I get some ridiculous offer from another school in the meantime.

hoosierball

Postby hoosierball » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:02 pm

still waiting

shroeder

Postby shroeder » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:31 pm

hoosierball wrote:still waiting

Me too, when did you go in review?

zoeypippa

Postby zoeypippa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 am

Hey guys. I received the acceptance email on 2/28 after submitting 1/6. My status checker didn't change until after receiving the email. Up until then, it just said incomplete.

I'm in with full OOS tuition, as well as Summer Start tuition. 165/3.92. :) I'm quite happy about it. My sister is an alum and I loved Bloomington and the law school when I visited her (we're from Michigan).

I noticed earlier in the thread, someone mentioned how 'satisfactory progress' basically means passing. Has anyone received any more information on this in their admit packets? I haven't received mine yet (no surprise there) and was just wondering if there was a GPA requirement or something similar that I can kind of count on.

Barring any ridiculous scholarship stipulations, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be a Hoosier this year!

mrmojojak

Postby mrmojojak » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:00 pm

Satisfactory progress is set at a 2.3 GPA. The people I talked with basically confirmed if you aren't meeting it you probably have bigger troubles than maintaining your scholarship.

zoeypippa wrote:Barring any ridiculous scholarship stipulations, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be a Hoosier this year!

Good to hear! Congrats on the full ride!

confusedlaw

Postby confusedlaw » Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:46 pm

got 30 k to split for 3 years 167 3.7

zoeypippa

Postby zoeypippa » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:55 pm

mrmojojak wrote:Satisfactory progress is set at a 2.3 GPA. The people I talked with basically confirmed if you aren't meeting it you probably have bigger troubles than maintaining your scholarship.

zoeypippa wrote:Barring any ridiculous scholarship stipulations, I'm 99% sure I'm going to be a Hoosier this year!

Good to hear! Congrats on the full ride!

Thanks! :)

That's great news. That's basically what I've been reading around here the past few days, as well. I actually just sent my email accepting the offer today, so now I'm officially going to be a Hoosier come July. I can't wait!

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:16 pm

Still waiting to hear back about my scholly negotiation!! Emailed Compton late Friday - hopefully a response soon b/c I'm getting anxious to accept and be done with it.... but I also want more money. Just demanding I guess.

shroeder

Postby shroeder » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:23 am

Just curious how many TLSers are still waiting on a decision on admission?? If you're out there post your in review date, if ya have one (hopefully). I went IR 2/17 along with several others and I'm pretty sure most of them have gotten their answers. Anyway good luck all.

BKCentral

Postby BKCentral » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 am

Applied 12/9, in review since 2/24

omninode

Postby omninode » Mon Mar 05, 2012 5:55 am

BKCentral wrote:Applied 12/9, in review since 2/24

Same here.

confusedlaw

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:31 am

does 30k seem low for 167 3.7?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 am

confusedlaw wrote:does 30k seem low for 167 3.7?

Well... I guess to me it seems low, but it also seems consistent with what has been going on for this cycle.

If you're above their median LSAT but below their median gpa (3.8), applicants seem to be getting 5k or 10k.

Another .1 on your gpa, and you'd be looking at full OOS tuition for being above both medians.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:07 pm

TommyK wrote:
confusedlaw wrote:does 30k seem low for 167 3.7?

Well... I guess to me it seems low, but it also seems consistent with what has been going on for this cycle.

If you're above their median LSAT but below their median gpa (3.8), applicants seem to be getting 5k or 10k.

Another .1 on your gpa, and you'd be looking at full OOS tuition for being above both medians.

5 years ago, a 163/3.0 would get you this scholarship, with lower tuition too. My how things have changed. Not sure if this reflects well or poorly on IU.

alitoalitoalito

Postby alitoalitoalito » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm

iowalum wrote:Still waiting to hear back about my scholly negotiation!! Emailed Compton late Friday - hopefully a response soon b/c I'm getting anxious to accept and be done with it.... but I also want more money. Just demanding I guess.

i got no response from compton for like a week, so i emailed sam kwak instead. good news: he responded pretty quickly. bad news: he's not negotiating.

better luck to you!

rijed

Postby rijed » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:03 pm

alitoalitoalito wrote:
iowalum wrote:Still waiting to hear back about my scholly negotiation!! Emailed Compton late Friday - hopefully a response soon b/c I'm getting anxious to accept and be done with it.... but I also want more money. Just demanding I guess.

i got no response from compton for like a week, so i emailed sam kwak instead. good news: he responded pretty quickly. bad news: he's not negotiating.

better luck to you!

Do you mind letting us know what he said exactly?

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:59 pm

rijed wrote:
alitoalitoalito wrote:

better luck to you!

I'd be interested in this too. And what was your original offer/what did you ask for? I just want to know either way so I can accept and be done with it.

gabewatch

Postby gabewatch » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:16 pm

iowalum wrote:
rijed wrote:
alitoalitoalito wrote:

better luck to you!

I'd be interested in this too. And what was your original offer/what did you ask for? I just want to know either way so I can accept and be done with it.

I also emailed sam kwak for more money, he got back to me in the same day letting me know that he had forwarded my email to the admissions committee and that my request had been declined. i was offered 30k total, so i will probably be withdrawing sometime soon. based on their placement stats and the reduction in large scholarships this year i feel like they will inevitably have a weaker entering class, numbers wise. i could be wrong though. all i am saying is other peer schools are offering a lot more money than they are this year for similar numbers.

sdphill

Postby sdphill » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:19 pm

How long are people usually UR? I've been UR since 2/9...

iowalum

Postby iowalum » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:21 pm

gabewatch wrote:
iowalum wrote:
rijed wrote:

better luck to you!

I also emailed sam kwak for more money, he got back to me in the same day letting me know that he had forwarded my email to the admissions committee and that my request had been declined. i was offered 30k total, so i will probably be withdrawing sometime soon. based on their placement stats and the reduction in large scholarships this year i feel like they will inevitably have a weaker entering class, numbers wise. i could be wrong though. all i am saying is other peer schools are offering a lot more money than they are this year for similar numbers.

I agree with this, I think they will miss out on some good people. The only thing that makes me feel ok about it is the in-state tuition. I will try emailing Kwak and see what happens. I have just been back and forth with Compton so far, but I'm sure it's the same answer either way.

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:56 pm

In with 15k/yr.

It's really cool that they dot require a deposit but I don't know if it will be worthwhile to go with CoA...

cphal

Postby cphal » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:36 pm

in with 5k a year! status checker never changed but i do have a blank mailing for today! best of luck to everyone still waiting

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”