IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:48 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:Just got the email! I just got full out of state tuition! I'm so happy right now, this just made my cycle!

Wow... you didn't get a scholarship offer even with a 166/3.8? Ridiculous.


I think he meant full OOS tuition scholly.

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby mrmojojak » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:50 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:Just got the email! I just got full out of state tuition! I'm so happy right now, this just made my cycle!

Wow... you didn't get a scholarship offer even with a 166/3.8? Ridiculous.


I'm sorry I'm writing too fast. I got a merit scholarship worth full tuition.

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:51 pm

mrmojojak wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:Just got the email! I just got full out of state tuition! I'm so happy right now, this just made my cycle!

Wow... you didn't get a scholarship offer even with a 166/3.8? Ridiculous.


I'm sorry I'm writing too fast. I got a merit scholarship worth full tuition.

Well in that case, CONGRATS!!! :D

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby TommyK » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:11 pm

JDizzle2015 wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:
JDizzle2015 wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:Just got the email! I just got full out of state tuition! I'm so happy right now, this just made my cycle!

Wow... you didn't get a scholarship offer even with a 166/3.8? Ridiculous.


I'm sorry I'm writing too fast. I got a merit scholarship worth full tuition.

Well in that case, CONGRATS!!! :D


+1. congrats!

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby mrmojojak » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks guys. I hope some good news pours in for more people.

MillerTime12
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun May 22, 2011 10:10 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby MillerTime12 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:36 pm

In via e-mail this morning! In-state, 161, 3.8x

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:42 pm

looks like they're targeting the GPAs this year.

User avatar
initech
Posts: 143
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:10 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby initech » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:36 pm

In via email today, 15k. Will be withdrawing within the next week or so

mcr2011
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby mcr2011 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:11 pm

When do you guys think most of us can expect to hear from IUB? Judging from what I've heard from people here and looking at LSN, it seems like a lot of people haven't even gone complete yet. Does IUB actually use their status checker? I want to say I read somewhere that this is the first year they're using this status checker, which would explain some of the delayed response found there, but I'm not positive about this.

I had all of my application sent in on December 5th, but the Requirements List still says they're missing my personal statement, resume, residency form, and ethical questions. But it also says they received my two LORs and the CAS report.

I tried looking at LSN to get a sense for when I might expect to get a decision from IUB, but because the status checker seems to be having issues (or they're just taking their time), I'm lost :?

Any guesses?

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 pm

It took me a ton of time to go complete (more time than any other school I applied to) but once I did go complete I went under review with a day or two. So the wait to go complete might be a while, but once you do you should get a decision soon after.

mcr2011
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby mcr2011 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:20 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:It took me a ton of time to go complete (more time than any other school I applied to) but once I did go complete I went under review with a day or two. So the wait to go complete might be a while, but once you do you should get a decision soon after.

Did you have the same issues with the status checker that I described? And did it eventually start updating (complete, under review, etc.), or were you notified of those events via email?

User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:22 pm

mcr2011 wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:It took me a ton of time to go complete (more time than any other school I applied to) but once I did go complete I went under review with a day or two. So the wait to go complete might be a while, but once you do you should get a decision soon after.

Did you have the same issues with the status checker that I described? And did it eventually start updating (complete, under review, etc.), or were you notified of those events via email?


Yes, exactly the same. In all likelihood your app is complete, they just haven't begun reviewing it yet. And yes eveything updated on my status checker eventually.

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby neeko » Fri Dec 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Is anyone else still not complete from the beginning of November? People on LSN that submitted after me are accepted and I'm still being processed. I don't get it, it's been almost 2 months.

btw384
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby btw384 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:19 pm

neeko wrote:Is anyone else still not complete from the beginning of November? People on LSN that submitted after me are accepted and I'm still being processed. I don't get it, it's been almost 2 months.

I'm in that boat. I submitted 11/8, and my application hasn't even gone complete yet.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby danquayle » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:42 pm

BeerMaker wrote:Screw Bloomington! They will be sorry about all of this. No way I'm going to this school without a full scholly. What do you predict for a drop in ranking? I will say 35 by next year and into the 40's the following. IU, have fun being swallowed up by the likes of PSU and MSU because they're gunning for your spot and are much more generous with scholarships.


Haha. Angry!

northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby northside » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:10 pm

btw384 wrote:
neeko wrote:Is anyone else still not complete from the beginning of November? People on LSN that submitted after me are accepted and I'm still being processed. I don't get it, it's been almost 2 months.

I'm in that boat. I submitted 11/8, and my application hasn't even gone complete yet.

Same. I'm all freaked out that I did something wrong. I have a feeling the day I go complete will mean more to me than an acceptance! Haha

northside
Posts: 102
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:03 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby northside » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Complete and in review as of 12/28! FINALLY

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby benito » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 pm

STILL 'being processed'.......submitted 11/11 got status tracker 11/28 nothing since.....pretty frustrating

ArmyOfficer
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby ArmyOfficer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:32 pm

In my acceptance email it came with the following message in regards to the scholarship offer:

This award is strictly merit-based and not dependent upon any showing of financial need. The award is renewable contingent upon your maintaining satisfactory progress at the end of your first year and each subsequent semester thereafter and not being disciplinarily sanctioned for professional or academic misconduct.


What exactly is "satisfactory progress?"

Thanks.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Fark-o-vision » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:35 pm

From what I understand, "Satisfactory Progress" is basically passing all your classes.

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby TommyK » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:49 pm

Fark-o-vision wrote:Any of the deferrals heard anything yet? I haven't.


step1plus2 wrote:Me neither, Fark-o-vision. I have been getting the "Indiana Law Annotated" every few weeks since summer, but nothing on next year. They told me I'd start hearing from them in December, I'm not too worried yet.


Hey Guys - I just talked to admissions. Dani, who was our contact last year, is no longer with IUB (I seem to remember seeing a note in LinkedIn under the "you might know these people part" that she was at a different university). I called to follow-up and see if they needed anything from me and the person I spoke to indicated that they would be reaching out to us in January, and if she remembers correctly, in about two weeks.

Just passing along the info to save you a call or any anxiety in waiting/wondering.

step1plus2
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby step1plus2 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:18 pm

Ha! I actually also called 10 minutes ago. I gave the guy at admissions my name and he looked me up and assured me that yes, I was listed as a deferral, and that they would be contacting me soon. I could hear his eyes roll over the phone.

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby iowalum » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:46 pm

Just got my new score - officially 167/3.1, not as high as I would like but still above the median. So hopefully it's not too late! Thoughts?

User avatar
Gail
Posts: 977
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby Gail » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:12 pm

Here's one thing I don't understand. I accept that their strategy may have been to push the 166+ people to the next cycle through the defer and either now selectively target GPA or just regroup altogether, but then why are they giving out scholarships at all?

Anyone looking at 15k who isn't a citizen of Indiana is going to be an immediate withrdraw. Don't they know that?

User avatar
BKCentral
Posts: 231
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Postby BKCentral » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 pm

Applied to all my other law schools early October, but decided to add a couple more later in the cycle. Tagged.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: eisouranuv, Exabot [Bot], joooookchang, walks and 4 guests