IU - Bloomington Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lawyerinwaiting

New

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Post by lawyerinwaiting » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:29 pm

iowalum wrote:
lawyerinwaiting wrote:
B986 wrote:Ha, still waiting. Big shocker! This school is absurd. I applied in early Dec, was promised "expedited review," and still no word.
I applied on 4/4/2012, i NEVER got a status checker, or anything!!! just opened my email this morning and saw a miracle, considering my abysmally low LSAT & GPA, granted I have some exceptional softs, I have no idea how this happened....but i am THANKFUL!
Just curious, what are your softs? Are there stips on the scholarship? (I've never heard of it before)

yea i had never heard of the scholly either but check it out at this link http://www.indiana.edu/~grdschl/educati ... owship.php ...and it has a 2.3 stip. But as far as my softs, I started and have been running a successful business while serving as a Teach for America corps member (my business is unrelated to education), also have had very signigicant international politics/policy experience.

ATKT765

New

Post by ATKT765 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:05 pm

This is getting ridiculous. Are there others still waiting to hear a decision? My status still says 2/22/12.

B986

Bronze

Post by B986 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:06 pm

ATKT765 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Are there others still waiting to hear a decision? My status still says 2/22/12.
Still waiting! I'm at 2/8 (submitted early December). Seriously a joke at this point.

bigkarl

New

Post by bigkarl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:22 pm

Got my reply from IU today, but unfortunately it was a denial. I'm heartbroken, but what can I do, simply didn't have the numbers. Best of luck to everybody else still waiting for a reply.

confusedlaw

Silver

Post by confusedlaw » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:32 pm

i got inin january and never recieved an admission packet so iwithdrew

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:55 pm

ATKT765 wrote:This is getting ridiculous. Are there others still waiting to hear a decision? My status still says 2/22/12.
^
This

Ga0-3L

Bronze

Post by Ga0-3L » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:56 pm

bigkarl wrote:Got my reply from IU today, but unfortunately it was a denial. I'm heartbroken, but what can I do, simply didn't have the numbers. Best of luck to everybody else still waiting for a reply.
Did you hear via status checker or email or snail?

wolfmalfoy

New

Post by wolfmalfoy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

------
Last edited by wolfmalfoy on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bigkarl

New

Post by bigkarl » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:30 pm

Ga0-3L wrote:
bigkarl wrote:Got my reply from IU today, but unfortunately it was a denial. I'm heartbroken, but what can I do, simply didn't have the numbers. Best of luck to everybody else still waiting for a reply.
Did you hear via status checker or email or snail?

I was informed via email. They actually still haven't updated my status checker as of a few hours ago.

Best of luck all!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

pacers3177

New

Post by pacers3177 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:19 pm

Hey guys, I was an IU applicant last year so I'll just fill you in on how my cycle went regarding IUB. I didn't get in until late May, was WL in April. Stats - non-urm, 151 LSAT, 3.94 GPA (Typical re-take candidate). They hit the WL hard last year and with applications even farther down this year I'd expect the same to follow. Also, IUB doesn't require a seat deposit, so you got that going for you...which is nice.

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:52 pm

No deposit is golden. Every school in the top 35 or so should be like that. Syracuse wants a $1,000 deposit. Can you imagine?

Anyway, congrats on getting in. I hope you did well to pave the way for others with similar numbers...

aquasalad

Bronze

Post by aquasalad » Thu May 03, 2012 8:42 pm

Anyone coming, and anyone on the edge, you will have a pretty sick time at Maurer. Some genius professors, also pretty normal people, some parties, a pretty relaxed town, and a lot of fun.

pm me if you've got any questions, I got a lot of help on here in the past when I was applying to prospective schools, and feel obliged to help return the favor a little bit...

PopTorts13

Bronze

Post by PopTorts13 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:09 pm

TommyK wrote:
iowalum wrote:
efcaley wrote:Received a revised scholarship offer today via email - Indiana doubled their offer!
Wow! Jealous. What was your situation? Had you accepted yet? What was your original offer?
+1. Guess they're running low on the high LSAT applicants. mazel tov.
I turned down the deans scholarship. I am sure that freed up money for others. You may refer to me as the tooth fairy, although santa clause works well and implies that I deserve cookies for my efforts ;-)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 am

PopTorts13 wrote:
TommyK wrote:
iowalum wrote:
efcaley wrote:Received a revised scholarship offer today via email - Indiana doubled their offer!
Wow! Jealous. What was your situation? Had you accepted yet? What was your original offer?
+1. Guess they're running low on the high LSAT applicants. mazel tov.
I turned down the deans scholarship. I am sure that freed up money for others. You may refer to me as the tooth fairy, although santa clause works well and implies that I deserve cookies for my efforts ;-)
If they up my scholly I'll send you a cut :)

Where are you going instead?

ap613

New

Post by ap613 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:30 pm

Applied 1/17 and had my first contact from Indiana this morning. The Dean of Admissions called and asked if I was still interested in attending and then said he was making a recommendation on me to the admissions committee tomorrow. Then told me to call him back Wednesday if I hadn't heard from them. So I'm assuming I'll get in but it's not official until the committee meets. Really strange phone call.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Sun May 06, 2012 7:50 pm

ap613 wrote:Applied 1/17 and had my first contact from Indiana this morning. The Dean of Admissions called and asked if I was still interested in attending and then said he was making a recommendation on me to the admissions committee tomorrow. Then told me to call him back Wednesday if I hadn't heard from them. So I'm assuming I'll get in but it's not official until the committee meets. Really strange phone call.
Sounds like you're in, but they don't want to fuck up their yield by admitting you if you wouldn't consider attending. GL!

mrjohnsterman

Bronze

Post by mrjohnsterman » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 am

ap613 wrote:Applied 1/17 and had my first contact from Indiana this morning. The Dean of Admissions called and asked if I was still interested in attending and then said he was making a recommendation on me to the admissions committee tomorrow. Then told me to call him back Wednesday if I hadn't heard from them. So I'm assuming I'll get in but it's not official until the committee meets. Really strange phone call.
Similar thing, applied in January. Had a message left on my phone on Sunday afternoon saying they were going to admit people today and to give him a call if I am still interested.

Also, I never submitted the residency form as I realized they were not giving out near as large scholarships as last year and I don't have interest in practicing in Indiana.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

B986

Bronze

Post by B986 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:15 pm

mrjohnsterman wrote:
Similar thing, applied in January. Had a message left on my phone on Sunday afternoon saying they were going to admit people today and to give him a call if I am still interested.

Also, I never submitted the residency form as I realized they were not giving out near as large scholarships as last year and I don't have interest in practicing in Indiana.
I got this call at 10:45 on Saturday night. I missed the call the first time, and the person did not leave a voicemail, but called back one minute later. Definitely caught me off guard, and I found it to be pretty unprofessional and inappropriate to handle things this way. I think it reflects so poorly on a school that they are so unabashed about their fixation on gaming the whole process. "Hi, we wanted to call you to make sure you are interested in our school. You see, we haven't put forth the effort to review and evaluate your application thoroughly; and frankly, we would only be willing to do so if there's a good chance you'd consider coming here. You would think that taking the time and energy to complete and submit your application was confirmation enough that you are at least somewhat interested in attending our law school, but you were wrong! We really want to do whatever we can to avoid having our numbers messed up by admitting people who won't go here, k?"

You convinced me and many others to apply by offering a fee waiver and expedited review so that you can tout your high application volume and highly selective admission figures. There's no way I'm giving you any opportunity to do away with my application before ever rendering a decision.

*Posting specific day/time info like this is a good idea, right? Hopefully I didn't just out myself entirely... oh well.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon May 07, 2012 12:58 pm

B986 wrote:
grumble grumble grumble
You feel better now after getting that off your chest?

B986

Bronze

Post by B986 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:27 pm

TommyK wrote:
B986 wrote:
grumble grumble grumble
Sure do! If you applied last year (and are presumably a current 1L), why do you troll forums on TLS?

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Mon May 07, 2012 1:52 pm

B986 wrote:
TommyK wrote:
B986 wrote:
grumble grumble grumble
Sure do! If you applied last year (and are presumably a current 1L), why do you troll forums on TLS?
Applied last year, got accepted, chose to defer, starting in the fall. Not sure I would describe what I'm doing as trolling, but I have a job that has work that ebbs and flows so sometimes I have a tremendous amount of freetime during work. GL with your decision. We'll miss you in Bloomington.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

B986

Bronze

Post by B986 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:59 pm

TommyK wrote:
B986 wrote:
TommyK wrote:
B986 wrote:
grumble grumble grumble
Applied last year, got accepted, chose to defer, starting in the fall. Not sure I would describe what I'm doing as trolling, but I have a job that has work that ebbs and flows so sometimes I have a tremendous amount of freetime during work. GL with your decision. We'll miss you in Bloomington.
Gotcha. Well maybe since it's been a while since you've had to deal with their admissions process you may be far enough removed from it that you can't understand why those of us going through it now are so frustrated and disenchanted. Keep those quips coming, though, bro. Good luck to you too.

lawgirl821

New

Post by lawgirl821 » Mon May 07, 2012 2:52 pm

Where are people living!? Anyone find any cheap apts near the law school?

BarcaCrossesTheAlps

Bronze

Post by BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Mon May 07, 2012 3:25 pm

How long does it take to get fin-aid info from Indiana? I kinda have to know..... well, that is obvious, I guess. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, yeah... I forgot.....I was in off the WL. For those still waiting, keep up the spirits!

lawgirl821

New

Post by lawgirl821 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:31 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:How long does it take to get fin-aid info from Indiana? I kinda have to know..... well, that is obvious, I guess. :lol:

EDIT: Oh, yeah... I forgot.....I was in off the WL. For those still waiting, keep up the spirits!
As an undergrad, it took about 2 months to hear back after you receive the email saying they've received your FAFSA. I feel the law school will be no different in terms of financial aid response time

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”