IU - Bloomington Class of 2015 Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dolfan0516

Bronze

Re: IU - Bloomington Class of 2015

Post by dolfan0516 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:02 am

sdphill wrote:I have a blank mailing under my "Mailings" for 02/15...
Same. Wonder if that means decision was mailed out on 2/15 and they dont want us to know what the decision is until we receive the mailing?

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 am

+1. I wonder what it means? I have only been under review for a few days, my numbers are competitive though.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 am

clarion wrote:So I emailed them last Thursday to ask why I was still only in review only to get an email today (Wednesday) about them needing a residency affadavit. >_> Right now I'm just so frustrated that I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should just withdraw... Congrats to all of you who have gotten in, though! :)
It's natural to feel frustrated that you don't feel you've been treated with care and respect, but realize that the admissions departments of schools =/= the schools themselves. If they were, I would be attending University of Toledo... because, gosh, they were really nice and responsive. If you feel that IUB would be a school you would seriously consider, then my advice is to just grin and bear it and evaluate the school on the merits that really matter.

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:28 am

I'm thinking about going out to Bloomington this weekend to go apartment shopping. Anybody thinking about doing the same thing? For those folks who are too far from Bloomington for a drive, can I check out anything on your behalf and report back to you?

If you are going to be in the area, let me know and we can grab a brew.

sdphill

Silver

Post by sdphill » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:39 am

Bmarce wrote:
+1. I wonder what it means? I have only been under review for a few days, my numbers are competitive though.
I've been under review since 2/9... I think I will call them today.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:43 am

sdphill wrote:
Bmarce wrote:
I've been under review since 2/9... I think I will call them today.

Is this a reach for you? Or do you consider your numbers to be competitive? I am trying to gauge if those of us who are showing a blank mailing are in the same boat, numbers wise.

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:03 pm

The blank mailing just filled in. Its showing up as "ICLEO/CLEO Scholarship Information". Do you suppose that it was snail-mailed? To the rest of you that had blank spaces under mailings, has the space filled in yet?

S-IV

New

Post by S-IV » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:30 pm

station4 wrote:
clarion wrote:So I emailed them last Thursday to ask why I was still only in review only to get an email today (Wednesday) about them needing a residency affadavit. >_> Right now I'm just so frustrated that I'm trying to figure out whether or not I should just withdraw... Congrats to all of you who have gotten in, though! :)
Clarion:

Same thing happened to me. I sent them the residency affidavit, went complete, and was admitted four days later. I think they realize how frustrating the process has been and will try to get to your application quickly once they get the affidavit.
Where did you guys find the residency affidavit? I tried to download it from the application on LSAC, but it won't work. Is there another resource from which it can be downloaded?

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 pm

S-IV wrote:
station4 wrote:
Clarion:

Same thing happened to me. I sent them the residency affidavit, went complete, and was admitted four days later. I think they realize how frustrating the process has been and will try to get to your application quickly once they get the affidavit.
Where did you guys find the residency affidavit? I tried to download it from the application on LSAC, but it won't work. Is there another resource from which it can be downloaded?

I actually printed it out, filled it out and mailed it in. It seems to have worked, I am under review now. (After about Three Months of Waiting) I don't think mailing it caused any delay, the status checker showed that they had it since late November.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:36 pm

S-IV wrote:
station4 wrote:
Clarion:

I know I had to re-install Adobe and open my firewall for it to download, but try emailing them and asking if they can send it as an attachment.

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:38 pm

File Complete - No Decision Yet
Is this a normal step?

dolfan0516

Bronze

Post by dolfan0516 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Bmarce wrote:The blank mailing just filled in. Its showing up as "ICLEO/CLEO Scholarship Information". Do you suppose that it was snail-mailed? To the rest of you that had blank spaces under mailings, has the space filled in yet?
EDIT: Maybe not. Looked up with CLEO is, which is a scholarship program for disadvantaged students or something? Maybe what they sent out is just info on the program and to apply if you qualify. Not sure it means anything

Bmarce

Bronze

Post by Bmarce » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:25 pm

dolfan0516 wrote:
Bmarce wrote:The blank mailing just filled in. Its showing up as "ICLEO/CLEO Scholarship Information". Do you suppose that it was snail-mailed? To the rest of you that had blank spaces under mailings, has the space filled in yet?
EDIT: Maybe not. Looked up with CLEO is, which is a scholarship program for disadvantaged students or something? Maybe what they sent out is just info on the program and to apply if you qualify. Not sure it means anything

I think you are right.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

laxbrah420

Gold

Post by laxbrah420 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:32 pm

S-IV wrote:
station4 wrote:
Clarion:

http://cl.ly/2D2j183E1Y0D0r1T2J1l

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:54 pm

I don't know why they can't do what every other law school does (at least the ones I've dealt with) and just tell you when they need more information! Here we are, halfway through February, and I still don't know if the app I submitted in early December is incomplete, or if they just haven't bothered to update my status checker. Emails go unanswered.

Fortunately I have other acceptances to keep me warm at night, but it still would be nice to get some kind of update from UIB, if only to free me from the weird Stockholm Syndrome feeling that makes me love-hate them.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:09 pm

omninode wrote:I don't know why they can't do what every other law school does (at least the ones I've dealt with) and just tell you when they need more information! Here we are, halfway through February, and I still don't know if the app I submitted in early December is incomplete, or if they just haven't bothered to update my status checker. Emails go unanswered.

Fortunately I have other acceptances to keep me warm at night, but it still would be nice to get some kind of update from UIB, if only to free me from the weird Stockholm Syndrome feeling that makes me love-hate them.
I emailed them and they responded to me (not sure how long it took but I also wasn't expecting an immediate response - think at most a week) in a courteous way. Or as courteous as I expected them to be.

All ad. committees are just going to give stock answers. That doesn't make them bad. IU is a solid school and offers a well-rounded educational experience and so to me, they can me a little more relaxed with their response time since they have a significant amount of people contacting them.

Just think if you worked for an ad. comm. right now. Would you want to deal with the same issues, over and over and then over again? :D

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:11 pm

TommyK wrote:I'm thinking about going out to Bloomington this weekend to go apartment shopping. Anybody thinking about doing the same thing? For those folks who are too far from Bloomington for a drive, can I check out anything on your behalf and report back to you?

Are you from Indiana? If you have any general apartments concerns, I can give you a general take on stuff since I went there for UG.

Word of advice for apt. hunting. Stay away from Assembly Hall.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:31 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
TommyK wrote:I'm thinking about going out to Bloomington this weekend to go apartment shopping. Anybody thinking about doing the same thing? For those folks who are too far from Bloomington for a drive, can I check out anything on your behalf and report back to you?

Are you from Indiana? If you have any general apartments concerns, I can give you a general take on stuff since I went there for UG.

Nope - from Ohio. Thanks for the advice. Assembly Hall is about as far from the law building as you can get and I figure my search will be a bit more focused around the SW part of the campus.

omninode

Bronze

Post by omninode » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:26 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
omninode wrote:I don't know why they can't do what every other law school does (at least the ones I've dealt with) and just tell you when they need more information! Here we are, halfway through February, and I still don't know if the app I submitted in early December is incomplete, or if they just haven't bothered to update my status checker. Emails go unanswered.

I emailed them and they responded to me (not sure how long it took but I also wasn't expecting an immediate response - think at most a week) in a courteous way. Or as courteous as I expected them to be.

All ad. committees are just going to give stock answers. That doesn't make them bad. IU is a solid school and offers a well-rounded educational experience and so to me, they can me a little more relaxed with their response time since they have a significant amount of people contacting them.

Just think if you worked for an ad. comm. right now. Would you want to deal with the same issues, over and over and then over again? :D
I get what you're saying, but I don't think I'm asking for a lot. I just want to know that my app is complete. IUB is the only school (out of 14 I applied to) that was not able to tell me this within two weeks after I applied. Two months later, I still don't know.

mrmojojak

New

Post by mrmojojak » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I'm getting in Saturday night, I could always go for a drink. Let me know when you'll be up there I'll shoot you a PM with how to contact me. Probably going to go out Sunday to watch the Iowa game.

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:41 pm

mrmojojak wrote:I'm getting in Saturday night, I could always go for a drink. Let me know when you'll be up there I'll shoot you a PM with how to contact me. Probably going to go out Sunday to watch the Iowa game.
Go Hawks!!!!

Despite my future Hoosier status my heart belongs to the Hawkeyes, even though we suck at basketball.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:46 pm

iowalum wrote:
mrmojojak wrote:I'm getting in Saturday night, I could always go for a drink. Let me know when you'll be up there I'll shoot you a PM with how to contact me. Probably going to go out Sunday to watch the Iowa game.
Go Hawks!!!!

Despite my future Hoosier status my heart belongs to the Hawkeyes, even though we suck at basketball.
Don't worry - You can love IA football. :)

IU is known for swimming, soccer and basketball. As long as you can say "Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers" you'll be ok. :)

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:07 pm

TommyK wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

Nope - from Ohio. Thanks for the advice. Assembly Hall is about as far from the law building as you can get and I figure my search will be a bit more focused around the SW part of the campus.
Oh I didn't mean the distance side of it. IU has an excellent bus system so that's not the problem at all. Varsity Villas right across from AH is a BIG party zone. I used to live up in the dorms right across from AH. Don't judge it based on location. If you go to Kroger, there are more adult apts. out there too to consider. The buses come out there too.

Right behind the main street of the campus, a lot of East Coast people live. They also tend to be more expensive. It's a mix, but I wouldn't use distance as a barometer since the bus system is just THAT good. It's a good place to start though and it would allow you access to bars and shops.

BearsGrl

Gold

Post by BearsGrl » Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:09 pm

omninode wrote:
BearsGrl wrote:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think I'm asking for a lot. I just want to know that my app is complete. IUB is the only school (out of 14 I applied to) that was not able to tell me this within two weeks after I applied. Two months later, I still don't know.
Have you ever called them? I wouldn't take it as a personal offense, but I can totally understand. I'm waiting for a massive amount of application results and the whole process, even if I am complete or in review, is still stressful.

iowalum

Bronze

Post by iowalum » Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:24 pm

BearsGrl wrote:
iowalum wrote:
Go Hawks!!!!

Don't worry - You can love IA football. :)

IU is known for swimming, soccer and basketball. As long as you can say "Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers" you'll be ok. :)
This is fair. As long as IU doesn't beat Iowa in football I'll be happy. :D We would have some real issues.

Still haven't heard back from my scholly negotiations, may call tomorrow. I'm anxious to accept and start getting my Hoosier gear/quit my crappy part-time job

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”