Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
rich_4
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rich_4 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:20 pm

Stuck on Application Complete since 11/9. Just checked the mail and still nothing.

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:21 pm

rich_4 wrote:Stuck on Application Complete since 11/9. Just checked the mail and still nothing.


What are your submit/complete dates? And RD or ED?

georgecostanza
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby georgecostanza » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:25 pm

Applied= 11/11
Application completed = 11/21

When they say application completed does this mean its in review? Have they already rejected me and I haven't received it in the mail? Iam feeling very incertain in what to feel about "application completed". Please someone share there journey with me from the application completed milestone till now.

Afterward, the thousand early decision applicants had nothing to do but wait...wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution which would never come.

- George Costanza

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:27 pm

georgecostanza wrote:Applied= 11/11
Application completed = 11/21

When they say application completed does this mean its in review? Have they already rejected me and I haven't received it in the mail? Iam feeling very incertain in what to feel about "application completed". Please someone share there journey with me from the application completed milestone till now.

Afterward, the thousand early decision applicants had nothing to do but wait...wait to die, wait to live, wait for an absolution which would never come.

- George Costanza

A little Titantic quotage there?

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Does anyone else have an 11/18 complete date after several previous complete dates?

User avatar
DonnaDraper
Posts: 280
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:30 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DonnaDraper » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Just submitted! Most expensive application so far.......101 dollars dropped. eeeeek.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:12 pm

Is there anyone else out there still stuck on an application completed date of 10/31? Or for that matter, with no movement at all?

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 pm

EMZE wrote:Is there anyone else out there still stuck on an application completed date of 10/31? Or for that matter, with no movement at all?

Well, mine hasn't moved since 11/7, but I was just told by admissions that a letter was mailed on 11/8. So if it doesn't come today, I'm asking them tomorrow to resend. It happens!

User avatar
Tim0thy222
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tim0thy222 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Has anyone done the interview yet? I went back through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention it. I have mine tomorrow night and was hoping someone could share their experiences.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:15 pm

erikjc wrote:
EMZE wrote:Is there anyone else out there still stuck on an application completed date of 10/31? Or for that matter, with no movement at all?

Well, mine hasn't moved since 11/7, but I was just told by admissions that a letter was mailed on 11/8. So if it doesn't come today, I'm asking them tomorrow to resend. It happens!


Whaat? Congrats! How did you glean that info?

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Killingly wrote:
erikjc wrote:
EMZE wrote:Is there anyone else out there still stuck on an application completed date of 10/31? Or for that matter, with no movement at all?

Well, mine hasn't moved since 11/7, but I was just told by admissions that a letter was mailed on 11/8. So if it doesn't come today, I'm asking them tomorrow to resend. It happens!


Whaat? Congrats! How did you glean that info?


I just called and was like, "Um, I know you can't give decisions over the phone, but can you tell me if something has been mailed to me?" Her voice got a little quieter when she told me, so it might not have been proper protocol, but if it's been lost in the mail, it needs to be rectified, so I'm glad she told me.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:19 pm

erikjc wrote:
Killingly wrote:
erikjc wrote:
EMZE wrote:Is there anyone else out there still stuck on an application completed date of 10/31? Or for that matter, with no movement at all?

Well, mine hasn't moved since 11/7, but I was just told by admissions that a letter was mailed on 11/8. So if it doesn't come today, I'm asking them tomorrow to resend. It happens!


Whaat? Congrats! How did you glean that info?


I just called and was like, "Um, I know you can't give decisions over the phone, but can you tell me if something has been mailed to me?" Her voice got a little quieter when she told me, so it might not have been proper protocol, but if it's been lost in the mail, it needs to be rectified, so I'm glad she told me.


Damn! I called to change my mailing address earlier (hoping to get some info), but got nothing.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:20 pm

Complete date changed to 11/21 (previously 11/16)

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I had mine a few weeks ago. It was very casual and conversation-like. I would definitely have answers ready to the obvious questions of Why Gtown? and Why law?

Tim0thy222 wrote:Has anyone done the interview yet? I went back through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention it. I have mine tomorrow night and was hoping someone could share their experiences.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:23 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:Has anyone done the interview yet? I went back through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention it. I have mine tomorrow night and was hoping someone could share their experiences.


Yup - I had mine about 3 weeks ago actually, and I just got my acceptance letter today. So it definitely isn't a bad thing!

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Same regarding the interview. When was your last complete date?

Real Madrid wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote:Has anyone done the interview yet? I went back through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention it. I have mine tomorrow night and was hoping someone could share their experiences.


Yup - I had mine about 3 weeks ago actually, and I just got my acceptance letter today. So it definitely isn't a bad thing!

User avatar
Tim0thy222
Posts: 341
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:57 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tim0thy222 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:33 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote:Has anyone done the interview yet? I went back through the last few pages and didn't see anyone mention it. I have mine tomorrow night and was hoping someone could share their experiences.


Yup - I had mine about 3 weeks ago actually, and I just got my acceptance letter today. So it definitely isn't a bad thing!


That is good to hear!

I'll be sure to prepare some ideas of what to talk about in terms of why gtown and why law

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:35 pm

quaker10 wrote:Same regarding the interview. When was your last complete date?



11/14

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:41 pm

Damn, my GULC status just went to 11/21, so I guess that means no letter before Thanksgiving. :(

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:42 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Damn, my GULC status just went to 11/21, so I guess that means no letter before Thanksgiving. :(


Why would it mean that?

User avatar
username08
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:10 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby username08 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:48 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Damn, my GULC status just went to 11/21, so I guess that means no letter before Thanksgiving. :(


Same here. Application completed 11/16 and again today. I'm really hoping it's a good sign...

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:50 pm

how does setting up the interview work? are only certain people selected for an interview? and is it by phone/in-person depending on your location?

i applied 11/3, haven't heard a word from them since besides an app received email.

edit: nvm. i read the last few pages. at 167/~3.4/Mexican URM, i wonder if that's a good or bad sign that i haven't received an interview request. probably bad?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:12 pm

11/7 crew! Did any of you update to 11/21? I just did. Decision better be frickin' mailed.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:17 pm

Killingly wrote:11/7 crew! Did any of you update to 11/21? I just did. Decision better be frickin' mailed.


11/6 and no, no update. I better get a decision today.

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheRedMamba » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:18 pm

Killingly wrote:11/7 crew! Did any of you update to 11/21? I just did. Decision better be frickin' mailed.


+1 I just updated to 11/21 also....hopefully we hear back this week but I think it's more realistic the decision comes next week




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”