Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
kntu24
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kntu24 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:14 pm

DAMNIT. Why have I not had ONE update!?

Hedgehog25
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hedgehog25 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I updated, too. Still With USA and the full address. Still can't get a password for admitted students. :(

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schang1 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:59 pm

emly wrote:
weiweilt wrote:Any news for the preferred waitlist?


wondering this as well...judging from the posters here, seems as if GULC is still moving through the special preferred group?


did you guys send in LOCIs?

Hedgehog25
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hedgehog25 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:04 pm

Just got admitted students password. Sent in my LOCI on Monday. I'm surprised at the turnaround time of this one, but thrilled! Good luck to those of you still waiting!

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolphin » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

I am withdrawing my application and scholarship here. Hopefully someone on here will enjoy it!

User avatar
Miss_Sunshine
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:46 pm

Can someone please explain what they mean by the "fleshed out address/country of citizenship" business on the status checker? Does that mean that the decision letter/acceptance is being sent? I just got my third post-interview update today, and I'm a bit anxious.

I'm an international student, but my full address is written out at the very top. I don't know if it has always been that way (I honestly just looked at the "Complete" date and logged off), or if this information means something. I can't log on to the Admitted Students site... and I want this so badly I can taste it.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Miss_Sunshine on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

organicchemistry
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby organicchemistry » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:55 pm

Miss_Sunshine wrote:Can someone please explain what they mean by the "fleshed out address/country of citizenship" business on the status checker? Does that mean that the decision letter/acceptance is being sent? I just got my third post-interview update today, and I'm a bit anxious.

I'm a Canadian, so my country of citizenship is listed as Canada, but my full address is written out at the very top. I don't know if it has always been that way (I honestly just looked at the "Complete" date and logged off), or if this information means something. I can't log on to the Admitted Students site... and I want this so badly I can taste it.

Thanks in advance!


I noticed one day that my address changed from "1st Ave" to "1st Avenue", and the date of the "Application Complete" changed to that day's date. At first I wasn't sure whether or not it always had "Avenue" written out, but when I looked back at my LSAC application and the status pages of other schools that I applied to, it had Ave. For US applicants, the Country of citizenship is initially blank, but the next day after "Avenue" appeared, "USA" appeared in the country of citizenship field and the "Application Complete" date again updated to that days date (I think someone else who was accepted that was not a US citizen said that their country of citizenship was always listed, so I'm not sure whether or not having Canada listed as your country of citizenship can be used as an indicator). The other thing that I noticed is that under the program, it originally said "Both" because I applied to both full-time and part-time, and around the same time as the other changes it changed from saying "Both" to "Full-time".

This is all anecdotal, but a lot of people have noticed the expanded address and the addition of "USA" to the country of citizenship right before they get their acceptance. The theory is that they are updating your address to the USPS recommended format to send you your acceptance letter. There seems to be a lot of variation between when these updates show up and when a person can generate a login/password to the admitted students website or get the acceptance letter via snail mail--for some people it seems to happen instantaneously, and for others there seems to be lags between all of the different steps. This inevitably causes anxiety because you start think that these supposed indicators are a red herring you are the one person who got these updates and then ends up getting waitlisted or rejected. But I haven't seen any posts on here of people getting the USA update and not getting accepted, fwiw.

Hedgehog25
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hedgehog25 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:12 pm

My address line went from "#42" (not my real condo number) to "Number 42."

That happened yesterday, and I got a password for admitted students today. Hope that helps :)

emly
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:29 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emly » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:03 am

Schang1 wrote: did you guys send in LOCIs?


not yet. Put on the Pref WL about a week ago. I'll probably work on it over the weekend and submit on Monday.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:06 am

Has anyone gotten in off of the regular preferred waitlist yet?

zsu
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zsu » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:21 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:Has anyone gotten in off of the regular preferred waitlist yet?


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:20 pm

I think one person in this thread did (off of the Pref WL) but I think it was a special case.

User avatar
aeiouy
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aeiouy » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:23 pm

Today's the day we all hear good news! :)

User avatar
Miss_Sunshine
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm

Thanks organnicchemistry (yuck, by the way :P) and Hedgehog25 for your detailed answer to my questions. :)

weiweilt
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby weiweilt » Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 pm

Schang1 wrote:
emly wrote:
weiweilt wrote:Any news for the preferred waitlist?


wondering this as well...judging from the posters here, seems as if GULC is still moving through the special preferred group?


did you guys send in LOCIs?

I sent my LOCI within two weeks after being placed on the PWL.

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schang1 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:31 am

Can someone help me answer the following questions I had (I was unable to find these on their website):

1. When is Georgetown's 1st and 2nd deposit deadline?
2. What is Georgetown's deferral policy? (If someone can find this and paste it here for me, I would really appreciate it.. I was unable to find this on their website)

organicchemistry
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby organicchemistry » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:56 am

Schang1 wrote:Can someone help me answer the following questions I had (I was unable to find these on their website):

1. When is Georgetown's 1st and 2nd deposit deadline?
2. What is Georgetown's deferral policy? (If someone can find this and paste it here for me, I would really appreciate it.. I was unable to find this on their website)


1. 1st deposit deadline is May 1st, 2nd deposit deadline is June 1st
2. No idea about deferral policy; you'll probably have to talk to admissions.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:49 pm

Just got a group interview invite after being put on the preferred waitlisted on 3/23!

Chinorthsidefan24
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chinorthsidefan24 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:55 pm

So if we haven't heard back yet is that just bad news?

organicchemistry
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby organicchemistry » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:29 pm

Chinorthsidefan24 wrote:So if we haven't heard back yet is that just bad news?


I don't think so. I think it means that you are still under consideration, which is better than being rejected outright.

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NJPitcher » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:50 am

ricsllscir wrote:Just got a group interview invite after being put on the preferred waitlisted on 3/23!


Got one of these just now, was placed on the special pref waitlist back in february. Never been in a group interview...

weiweilt
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby weiweilt » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:20 pm

NJPitcher wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Just got a group interview invite after being put on the preferred waitlisted on 3/23!


Got one of these just now, was placed on the special pref waitlist back in february. Never been in a group interview...

Have you guys been interviewed before being placed on the list?

Chinorthsidefan24
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Chinorthsidefan24 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Just went to complete on 4/4, I'm nervous. Hoping for anything except a straight up ding, but excited to finally hear back.

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NJPitcher » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:46 pm

weiweilt wrote:
NJPitcher wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Just got a group interview invite after being put on the preferred waitlisted on 3/23!


Got one of these just now, was placed on the special pref waitlist back in february. Never been in a group interview...

Have you guys been interviewed before being placed on the list?

I have not interviewed yet.

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:16 pm

NJPitcher wrote:
weiweilt wrote:
NJPitcher wrote:
ricsllscir wrote:Just got a group interview invite after being put on the preferred waitlisted on 3/23!


Got one of these just now, was placed on the special pref waitlist back in february. Never been in a group interview...

Have you guys been interviewed before being placed on the list?

I have not interviewed yet.


Nope




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Kaziende and 7 guests