Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby camillefisch » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Applied 12/23, Interview early January. I didnt update until 1/31 and now I've updated to 3/7. No idea what to think. :/ Wednesday updates are bad right?

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:53 pm

camillefisch wrote:Applied 12/23, Interview early January. I didnt update until 1/31 and now I've updated to 3/7. No idea what to think. :/ Wednesday updates are bad right?

Ehh... I don't know about Wednesday, but I just got a Friday update. 1/13->3/9. Yikes.

User avatar
jerichosm
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jerichosm » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:18 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:
camillefisch wrote:Applied 12/23, Interview early January. I didnt update until 1/31 and now I've updated to 3/7. No idea what to think. :/ Wednesday updates are bad right?

Ehh... I don't know about Wednesday, but I just got a Friday update. 1/13->3/9. Yikes.


167/3.6 stuck on 1/13 no update for me

barbizon
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby barbizon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:38 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:
camillefisch wrote:Applied 12/23, Interview early January. I didnt update until 1/31 and now I've updated to 3/7. No idea what to think. :/ Wednesday updates are bad right?

Ehh... I don't know about Wednesday, but I just got a Friday update. 1/13->3/9. Yikes.


Friday updates are known for being bad?

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:51 pm

barbizon wrote:
la Rochejaquelein wrote:Ehh... I don't know about Wednesday, but I just got a Friday update. 1/13->3/9. Yikes.


Friday updates are known for being bad?

I think that tends to be the stigma. Although, I got an acceptance to one school on Friday, so I suppose they aren't exclusively bad. My update coming on a Friday certainly isn't reassuring, though.

User avatar
UDFlyers90
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UDFlyers90 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:44 pm

camillefisch wrote:Applied 12/23, Interview early January. I didnt update until 1/31 and now I've updated to 3/7. No idea what to think. :/ Wednesday updates are bad right?


I updated Wednesday too for the first time since 1/13. 3.1x gpa and 175+ LSAT, not really sure if being updated the same day as me is good or bad or doesn't matter but I've been waitlisted by every t14 I've applied to and I'm really hoping that changes with Georgetown

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sammy841 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:51 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:
barbizon wrote:
la Rochejaquelein wrote:Ehh... I don't know about Wednesday, but I just got a Friday update. 1/13->3/9. Yikes.


Friday updates are known for being bad?

I think that tends to be the stigma. Although, I got an acceptance to one school on Friday, so I suppose they aren't exclusively bad. My update coming on a Friday certainly isn't reassuring, though.


I updated last Friday and was accepted. If you update with USA it's a good sign.

User avatar
UDFlyers90
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UDFlyers90 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:58 pm

How many times did people generally update before being accepted? Is there any sort of pattern?

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:17 pm

just got a rejection email..i never got a status checker/a reply to my inquiry about that and forgot i had even applied! oh well.

_jack
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby _jack » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:39 pm

Just got updated today, but with no change to "Country of Ctzn:" and no mention of a decision. Anybody get the same?

Also, I had my interview last Tuesday, March 6.

sums
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sums » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:06 pm

Just generated asw after being put in the special group of pref waitlist!!! Never give up hope! :mrgreen:

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby illy22 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:27 pm

sums wrote:Just generated asw after being put in the special group of pref waitlist!!! Never give up hope! :mrgreen:


congrats!!!

keepin the SPWL faith.

_jack
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby _jack » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:28 pm

@sums - Congrats! How long had you been on the preferred waitlist?

Also, it is my understanding that they don't accept and deny/waitlist applicants on the same day. Does that have any substance? (Of course, a decision hasn't technically been rendered yet haha)

Here's hoping!

sums
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sums » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm

_jack wrote:@sums - Congrats! How long had you been on the preferred waitlist?

Also, it is my understanding that they don't accept and deny/waitlist applicants on the same day. Does that have any substance? (Of course, a decision hasn't technically been rendered yet haha)

Here's hoping!


I was put on it about 3 weeks ago. I updated Thursday & Friday with an expanded address and then again today with a USA!

weiweilt
Posts: 91
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby weiweilt » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Placed on the preferred waitlist on January 9th. I sent LOCI and an additional recommendation letter, but no status update since then. :|

_jack
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby _jack » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:14 am

sums wrote:
_jack wrote:@sums - Congrats! How long had you been on the preferred waitlist?

Also, it is my understanding that they don't accept and deny/waitlist applicants on the same day. Does that have any substance? (Of course, a decision hasn't technically been rendered yet haha)

Here's hoping!


I was put on it about 3 weeks ago. I updated Thursday & Friday with an expanded address and then again today with a USA!



Well if by "expanded address" you mean regular, full address at the top, then that happened to me today! It's looking good so far!

By the way, do we know if anyone received the "USA" and then was denied and/or wait listed? Or have those poor people gotten a different clue?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:16 am

sums wrote:
_jack wrote:@sums - Congrats! How long had you been on the preferred waitlist?

Also, it is my understanding that they don't accept and deny/waitlist applicants on the same day. Does that have any substance? (Of course, a decision hasn't technically been rendered yet haha)

Here's hoping!


I was put on it about 3 weeks ago. I updated Thursday & Friday with an expanded address and then again today with a USA!

Oh wow, I better get on that LOCI. CONGRATS!

User avatar
illy22
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby illy22 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:37 am

weiweilt wrote:Placed on the preferred waitlist on January 9th. I sent LOCI and an additional recommendation letter, but no status update since then. :|


same here, except as of 1/20. stuck there ever since.

we need a support group.

Preferred Anonymous.

sums
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sums » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:42 am

_jack wrote:
sums wrote:
_jack wrote:@sums - Congrats! How long had you been on the preferred waitlist?

Also, it is my understanding that they don't accept and deny/waitlist applicants on the same day. Does that have any substance? (Of course, a decision hasn't technically been rendered yet haha)

Here's hoping!


I was put on it about 3 weeks ago. I updated Thursday & Friday with an expanded address and then again today with a USA!



Well if by "expanded address" you mean regular, full address at the top, then that happened to me today! It's looking good so far!

By the way, do we know if anyone received the "USA" and then was denied and/or wait listed? Or have those poor people gotten a different clue?


I'm pretty sure you're in then! They only change those if they need to mail you something, and they only mail acceptances! I'm 99% sure everyone who reported an address update and USA got accepted. As far as WL/ding clues, not getting the address/USA on your 3rd update in a row is generally a bad sign. I've also heard updating on a Wed usually means bad news on a Fri. That's exactly what happened to me when I was WL...update Wed/Thurs/Fri, no USA, waitlist email Friday afternoon

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:05 pm

I've got my alumni interview for Gtown this afternoon...any tips from anyone?

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:08 pm

nfohey wrote:I've got my alumni interview for Gtown this afternoon...any tips from anyone?


Look sharp. Be yourself. Be interested in the school. Be genuine. Smile?

Good luck :)

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:19 pm

moxy wrote:
nfohey wrote:I've got my alumni interview for Gtown this afternoon...any tips from anyone?


Look sharp. Be yourself. Be interested in the school. Be genuine. Smile?

Good luck :)


:) Thanks. Any specific questions to look out for or things about the school to mention?

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 pm

nfohey wrote:
moxy wrote:
nfohey wrote:I've got my alumni interview for Gtown this afternoon...any tips from anyone?


Look sharp. Be yourself. Be interested in the school. Be genuine. Smile?

Good luck :)


:) Thanks. Any specific questions to look out for or things about the school to mention?


Mine was more about the interviewer selling me on Georgetown than anything else. Make sure you're ready for the obligatory why law, why Georgetown questions.

Edit: Good luck!!!

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:34 pm

southernsuperstar wrote:
nfohey wrote:
moxy wrote:
nfohey wrote:I've got my alumni interview for Gtown this afternoon...any tips from anyone?


Look sharp. Be yourself. Be interested in the school. Be genuine. Smile?

Good luck :)


:) Thanks. Any specific questions to look out for or things about the school to mention?


Mine was more about the interviewer selling me on Georgetown than anything else. Make sure you're ready for the obligatory why law, why Georgetown questions.

Edit: Good luck!!!



Ahh, the obligatory questions. So much fun. Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully it will run pretty smoothly.

tjddk
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:05 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tjddk » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Withdrawing today. Hope that opens up a spot for one of you still waiting!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AustinLu, Chipotle85, Google [Bot], Keilz, lazarzhr, TrynaLaw, TudoBem, Yahoo [Bot], yuppitsme and 23 guests