Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:23 pm

houng89 wrote:
Neatrends wrote:When is ASW?


I believe it is the weekdn of 3/29, also anyone who is familiar with the D.C. area, where would be a good place to stay near Georgetown, and how is public transp in D.C.?

I have no idea on where to stay, since GULC and GU are practically on opposite sides of town, but the metro is cheap, easy, and can be picked up right at the airport if you fly into Reagan.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:since GULC and GU


It's walkable. Not necessarily convenient or easy, but doable.

User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby camillefisch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:17 pm

I haven't updated in a month and that was only because they processed my interview. Sigh. I feel like they've forgotten me.

User avatar
camillefisch
Posts: 39
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby camillefisch » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:18 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
la Rochejaquelein wrote:since GULC and GU


It's walkable. Not necessarily convenient or easy, but doable.


Georgetown proper doesn't have a metro stop. It's miserable. There are, however, Georgetown owned shuttle buses.

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:25 pm

camillefisch wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:It's walkable. Not necessarily convenient or easy, but doable.


Georgetown proper doesn't have a metro stop. It's miserable. There are, however, Georgetown owned shuttle buses.

It's walkable? Yikes. How long of a walk are we talking here?

And, yeah, the whole Georgetown shuttle situation is a pain. I studied at GU and lived on campus while interning near Fort McNair -- had to be at work at 8AM. Total nightmare.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh, you meant the UG campus? Ya, that's definitely not walkable. :lol:

I love walking though and I did go from GWU to GULC (lots of stuff to see on the way), and I walked to Arlington too.

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:53 pm

I went to the ASW website and a password and username was sent to my email address. However, when I tried this combo the system told me that I generated an invalid combination. I guess this is par for the course?

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:23 pm

Geneva wrote:I went to the ASW website and a password and username was sent to my email address. However, when I tried this combo the system told me that I generated an invalid combination. I guess this is par for the course?


Yes, Grats, you're in!

Got a viewbook deal from GTown in the mail today.

User avatar
westcoast
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby westcoast » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:02 pm

The ASW generated a password! I hope this means what I think it does! I had an update last night. No password this morning, and then another update this afternoon. Then it worked!

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:07 pm

eaper wrote:
Geneva wrote:I went to the ASW website and a password and username was sent to my email address. However, when I tried this combo the system told me that I generated an invalid combination. I guess this is par for the course?


Yes, Grats, you're in!

Got a viewbook deal from GTown in the mail today.


Gracias!!! Hope to see you all at ASW:-)

User avatar
hunam
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hunam » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:21 pm

Hello folks. Erstwhile lurker. I'm in "complete" limbo as well. First choice.

User avatar
aeiouy
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby aeiouy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:11 am

Interview with an alumnus coming up! Pleasantly surprised. I'll be scouring TLS all night looking for interview and Georgetown specific tips lol

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:15 am

aeiouy wrote:Interview with an alumnus coming up! Pleasantly surprised. I'll be scouring TLS all night looking for interview and Georgetown specific tips lol


Be relaxed and normal, have solid reasons for wanting to go to law school, and for Georgetown specifically. Show your enthusiasm for the school. Then take that (golden!) opportunity to ask your interviewer about his/her background, career, etc- they should be selling you Georgetown while you sell them yourself, and also having them talk about themselves makes the whole thing much less awkward.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:30 am

imjustjoking22 wrote:
aeiouy wrote:Interview with an alumnus coming up! Pleasantly surprised. I'll be scouring TLS all night looking for interview and Georgetown specific tips lol


Be relaxed and normal, have solid reasons for wanting to go to law school, and for Georgetown specifically. Show your enthusiasm for the school. Then take that (golden!) opportunity to ask your interviewer about his/her background, career, etc- they should be selling you Georgetown while you sell them yourself, and also having them talk about themselves makes the whole thing much less awkward.


I just read this and realized that my PM described the exact opposite of everything you said to do :lol:

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:09 am

Blumpbeef wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
aeiouy wrote:Interview with an alumnus coming up! Pleasantly surprised. I'll be scouring TLS all night looking for interview and Georgetown specific tips lol


Be relaxed and normal, have solid reasons for wanting to go to law school, and for Georgetown specifically. Show your enthusiasm for the school. Then take that (golden!) opportunity to ask your interviewer about his/her background, career, etc- they should be selling you Georgetown while you sell them yourself, and also having them talk about themselves makes the whole thing much less awkward.


I just read this and realized that my PM described the exact opposite of everything you said to do :lol:


Naw, I'm sure you were fine :) it always seems worse than it is!! I'm sure the interviewers know they can be intimidating and factor that in.

I was half an hour late to mine due to a traffic incident, so you can't have done anything worse than that ;)

User avatar
meredy171
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby meredy171 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:56 am

updated again from 2/23 to 2/24!

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:07 pm

meredy171 wrote:updated again from 2/23 to 2/24!


that's a good sign!! good luck!!

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Any advice on sending LOCI before receiving a decision?

I interviewed on 2/15 and went completed 2/17. No citizenship update and nothing since.

I'm worried I may be heading for a waitlist. Anyone else in this position? Think an LOCI will help?

brownpride
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brownpride » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Waitlisted today with a 173/4.18. :(

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:12 pm

brownpride wrote:Waitlisted today with a 173/4.18. :(


Wow. YP?

benburns214
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby benburns214 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:13 pm

brownpride wrote:Waitlisted today with a 173/4.18. :(


Yeah that makes little to no sense.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:14 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
brownpride wrote:Waitlisted today with a 173/4.18. :(


Wow. YP?


Unless he's murdered someone, then yes.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:28 pm

camillefisch wrote:I haven't updated in a month and that was only because they processed my interview. Sigh. I feel like they've forgotten me.


Are you thinking of sending a LOCI?

brownpride
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brownpride » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Yeah, I'm assuming yield protect. Still, GT is my 2nd choice - I thought I made it pretty clear I legitimately want to go there.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato
Posts: 411
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unlicensedpotato » Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:07 pm

brownpride wrote:Yeah, I'm assuming yield protect. Still, GT is my 2nd choice - I thought I made it pretty clear I legitimately want to go there.


Preferred Waitlist?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, Assasindowntheavenue, chasima, Kaziende, lawcapture, lawlawland16, mstatelawdawg, proteinshake, xn3345 and 20 guests