Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Green Glass Windows

Silver

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by Green Glass Windows » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:41 am

moxy wrote:In!! Finally received a letter via snail mail with a nice little note. Very likely to attend in the fall!
Aww congrats Moxy!

moxy

Bronze

Post by moxy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:43 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
moxy wrote:In!! Finally received a letter via snail mail with a nice little note. Very likely to attend in the fall!
Aww congrats Moxy!
Thank you Green Glass :)

pcwcecac

Bronze

Post by pcwcecac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:17 am

My status has been "completED" since the 8th of Feb. There were no updates prior or post 2/8. Country of citizenship left blank. Do any of you know what that means?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:58 pm

commonpleas wrote: good move, i should probably force myself to do the same. i'll give up my GULC status checker for lent.
+1
great idea:)

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:59 pm

pcwcecac wrote:My status has been "completED" since the 8th of Feb. There were no updates prior or post 2/8. Country of citizenship left blank. Do any of you know what that means?
Did you interview?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pcwcecac

Bronze

Post by pcwcecac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:
pcwcecac wrote:My status has been "completED" since the 8th of Feb. There were no updates prior or post 2/8. Country of citizenship left blank. Do any of you know what that means?
Did you interview?

nope!

gilkile

New

Post by gilkile » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:25 pm

Just interviewed Yesterday, hoping to hear back from them real soon!!!

msblaw89

Gold

Post by msblaw89 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:26 pm

Congrats to the recent admits! @Moxy!

breadbucket

Bronze

Post by breadbucket » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:33 pm

admitted via postage yesterday. I did a group interview; hand written note seems to indicate the decision was made the morning after my interview.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

nyyfan333

New

Post by nyyfan333 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

status has been stuck on 1/4 for almost two months now...how bad is this? any ideas?

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Still waiting on that darn acceptance letter, though I am able to log on to the ASW...

Ghghghhhg2000

New

Post by Ghghghhhg2000 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:23 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:Still waiting on that darn acceptance letter, though I am able to log on to the ASW...
When did your status go "completed"

southernsuperstar

Bronze

Post by southernsuperstar » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:Still waiting on that darn acceptance letter, though I am able to log on to the ASW...
Same...got access to ASW Friday, able to log in yesterday, last complete was 2/17

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

imjustjoking22

Bronze

Post by imjustjoking22 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:36 pm

Ghghghhhg2000 wrote:
Last week sometime? I think maybe 2/17. I'm on the west coast, though.

ArthuKirkland

New

Post by ArthuKirkland » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:57 pm

Anyone have an idea if they review PT applications later in the process? I applied ED to the part-time program mid-December, did an alumni interview in mid-January, had an update a few days later (I'm assuming that was the office receiving the interview feedback form) and not a word since then. It's been 4 weeks since my last update with no movement at all and no emails, which is beyond the 3 week guarantee they give for ED applicants. I'm wondering if this is a bad sign, if they're holding off to see what the entire applicant pool looks like, or if they just look at part-time applications later.

gilberto

New

Post by gilberto » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:27 pm

I applied part-time right before Thanksgiving, was offered a group interview a week or so later, but could not attend due to class conflicts. I had an update today. I'd guess that, because you received an alumni interview, you're ahead of the game (at the very least, you're ahead of me). There was a part-time thread last year and the earliest acceptance was Feb 17, I believe. No one has claimed a part-time acceptance on these boards as of yet.

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 pm

jhw219 wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

yeah sorry, it looks like if you get a decision at this point it's probably not going to be an accept :( my citizenship never updated and it still says apt. instead of apartment. you never know though, you might update again!
To everyone freaking out on this board: my application went "completed" without a change of citizenship after my interview. I was convinced that I would be WL or rejected since my address didn't change. I just rechecked my status since compulsive checking is a habit at this point, and country of citizenship shows up as USA. Ergo, don't feel bad until you are officially waitlisted/rejected. (I just spent the past day telling people how bad I felt about probably not getting into GULC, and I kind of feel like a moron right about now...) Good luck to everyone!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

unlicensedpotato

Silver

Post by unlicensedpotato » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:01 pm

Geneva wrote:
jhw219 wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

yeah sorry, it looks like if you get a decision at this point it's probably not going to be an accept :( my citizenship never updated and it still says apt. instead of apartment. you never know though, you might update again!
To everyone freaking out on this board: my application went "completed" without a change of citizenship after my interview. I was convinced that I would be WL or rejected since my address didn't change. I just rechecked my status since compulsive checking is a habit at this point, and country of citizenship shows up as USA. Ergo, don't feel bad until you are officially waitlisted/rejected. (I just spent the past day telling people how bad I felt about probably not getting into GULC, and I kind of feel like a moron right about now...) Good luck to everyone!
To continue the freaking out, what was the date of the first update (to completed) after your interview?

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:06 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:
Geneva wrote:

To continue the freaking out, what was the date of the first update (to completed) after your interview?
It was the first business day after my interview. Second update was the day after that.

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 pm

Geneva wrote:

congratulations!!! i didn't mean to imply that if your citizenship or address didn't expand there was no hope, but more that people shouldn't get their hopes up unless they see this change. clearly it just takes awhile sometimes! congrats again!

Geneva

Silver

Post by Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:09 pm

Hehe thanks for the congrats! Although I suppose I could still get a ding and really be a trailblazer here;)

Congrats to everyone in so far and good luck to everyone else!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ub3rm3nsch

New

Post by ub3rm3nsch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:44 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by ub3rm3nsch on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

hipstermafia

Silver

Post by hipstermafia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:27 pm

gilberto wrote:I applied part-time right before Thanksgiving, was offered a group interview a week or so later, but could not attend due to class conflicts. I had an update today. I'd guess that, because you received an alumni interview, you're ahead of the game (at the very least, you're ahead of me). There was a part-time thread last year and the earliest acceptance was Feb 17, I believe. No one has claimed a part-time acceptance on these boards as of yet.
Last cycle GULC accepted pt students throughout the cycle, i guess it could be different this year though. I think it's more likely that people don't specify which program they were admitted to on these boards, the pt program is significantly smaller than the ft class, and pt students don't troll online forums as much.

but, to the person who is part-time ED and hasn't updated in a month, i would call admissions and see what's going on.

edit: for those of you who are curious about the pt program, if you filter the part time program on LSN for this cycle here is what you come up with:

http://gulc.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... ,8&type=jd

colforbin

Bronze

Post by colforbin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:56 pm

ub3rm3nsch wrote:
brogoc wrote:
ub3rm3nsch wrote:was put in the Special group on the preferred waitlist. Does anyone have any advice or know what this actually means? I feel like it's a nice way to say no slowly. From what I've read, the first two years everyone in this group got in, but reading through last years forum it seemed like a large number of people on the so-called "SPWL" did not.
Common wisdom is that the special group is YP. But I got accepted from the 'special/preferred' waiting list with a brief email of continued interest. So you still have a chance.

The thing is my medians weren't particularly above the averages. So I'm not really sure I could be a candidate for YP.

Anyone have any statistics on the likelihood of getting in off the special preferred list? Also, anyone know how the size of this year's applicant pool compares with those of other years?
And while we're at it, what about the odds of getting in from the preferred, but not special group within the preferred, waitlist? Unfortunately, I just sent a LOCI about a week before receiving the preferred waitlist email...

boardertj

New

Post by boardertj » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:59 pm

^^^ Thanks for that link. Very helpful to us PTers who are sweating it out.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”