Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 pm

Crazy question...does Country of Citizenship left blank show up on one's original status? Is it only after acceptance that the country itself is filled in?

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby swtlilsoni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

in via ASW yayyy!

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby swtlilsoni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:14 pm

Geneva wrote:Crazy question...does Country of Citizenship left blank show up on one's original status? Is it only after acceptance that the country itself is filled in?


It's not there originally, it shows up after. It seems like most people who have it added are accepted shortly thereafter (like me) !

NJDevilsfan
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NJDevilsfan » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:27 pm

New information. My application says status completed. Would I be able to generate an ASW now if I was accepted or might it take a couple days?

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:29 pm

swtlilsoni wrote:
Geneva wrote:Crazy question...does Country of Citizenship left blank show up on one's original status? Is it only after acceptance that the country itself is filled in?


It's not there originally, it shows up after. It seems like most people who have it added are accepted shortly thereafter (like me) !


CONGRATS!!! To clarify, is the actual country filled in or only "Country of Citizenship"left blank?

User avatar
swtlilsoni
Posts: 399
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby swtlilsoni » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:39 pm

Geneva wrote:
swtlilsoni wrote:
Geneva wrote:Crazy question...does Country of Citizenship left blank show up on one's original status? Is it only after acceptance that the country itself is filled in?


It's not there originally, it shows up after. It seems like most people who have it added are accepted shortly thereafter (like me) !


CONGRATS!!! To clarify, is the actual country filled in or only "Country of Citizenship"left blank?


thanks! it used to be blank, and later they updated it to "USA"

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolphin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:25 pm

My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

To the people accepted after interviews: how soon after your status changed post-interview did you see the address changes on your status checker?

User avatar
alevin
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby alevin » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:56 pm

Bump from earlier if anyone has any insight?

I was just wondering if you guys thought 2 LORs and a LOCI is too much for being on the waitlist. I have a prof who wants to write one, in addition to the 1 that I've already sent them. Thanks

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:06 am

alevin wrote:Bump from earlier if anyone has any insight?

I was just wondering if you guys thought 2 LORs and a LOCI is too much for being on the waitlist. I have a prof who wants to write one, in addition to the 1 that I've already sent them. Thanks


i hope it's not too much because i'm planning on doing the same. i'm having 1 academic and 1 professional though, not sure what your distribution is.

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:07 am

dolphin wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

To the people accepted after interviews: how soon after your status changed post-interview did you see the address changes on your status checker?


my status changed on a wednesday and got waitlisted two days later on friday.
is your application status just complete or completeD?
if it doesn't say completed they might not have made a decision yet and were just updating your file with interview information

TheIdealist
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheIdealist » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:22 am

My application updated last monday (2/13) after my interview that I had on Friday, but I have heard nothing from them. I'm assuming that I'm waiting for a WL/Ding at this point. It says application completed, but I don't remember if it said that before that last update.

Should I expect that WL or ding any day now?

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolphin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:27 am

jhw219 wrote:
dolphin wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

To the people accepted after interviews: how soon after your status changed post-interview did you see the address changes on your status checker?


my status changed on a wednesday and got waitlisted two days later on friday.
is your application status just complete or completeD?
if it doesn't say completed they might not have made a decision yet and were just updating your file with interview information


completED, pretty sure. of course, it said completed yesterday morning as well even though the last update read 2/2 at that point. ugh! did your address also say "rd" instead of "road"? I wonder how important this country of citizenship update is to gaining an acceptance

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolphin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 am

dolphin wrote:
jhw219 wrote:
dolphin wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

To the people accepted after interviews: how soon after your status changed post-interview did you see the address changes on your status checker?


my status changed on a wednesday and got waitlisted two days later on friday.
is your application status just complete or completeD?
if it doesn't say completed they might not have made a decision yet and were just updating your file with interview information


completED, pretty sure. of course, it said completed yesterday morning as well even though the last update read 2/2 at that point. ugh! did your address also say "rd" instead of "road"? I wonder how important this country of citizenship update is to gaining an acceptance


and i am feeling ultra pathetic and wanting to throw a temper tantrum:(

akronite08
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:52 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby akronite08 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 am

I should really stop reading this forum - I've been checking several times a day to see if 'Dr.' turns to 'Drive.'

For those who are keeping track, I'm 5 days post-interview, still at 2/2, completED, and not devoting any more thought to this until I get an email or letter - best of luck everyone.

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:41 am

dolphin wrote:
dolphin wrote:
jhw219 wrote:
dolphin wrote:My application was updated a couple days after my interview last week, but I don't have my country of citizenship filled in or any changes to my address. Does this mean that I'm probably going to be rejected or waitlisted? To the people that were rejected waitlisted: how soon after your application updated did you get the news?

To the people accepted after interviews: how soon after your status changed post-interview did you see the address changes on your status checker?


my status changed on a wednesday and got waitlisted two days later on friday.
is your application status just complete or completeD?
if it doesn't say completed they might not have made a decision yet and were just updating your file with interview information


completED, pretty sure. of course, it said completed yesterday morning as well even though the last update read 2/2 at that point. ugh! did your address also say "rd" instead of "road"? I wonder how important this country of citizenship update is to gaining an acceptance


and i am feeling ultra pathetic and wanting to throw a temper tantrum:(


yeah sorry, it looks like if you get a decision at this point it's probably not going to be an accept :( my citizenship never updated and it still says apt. instead of apartment. you never know though, you might update again!

dolphin
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dolphin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:49 am

Hm, I guess that means that GULC wrote "Road" out from the getgo and only used abbreviations for Street and Apartment?

Mannnn, I am overanalyzing this one.

Sorry to everyone on this thread to whom these issues are irrelevant! I promise to shut up now.

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:00 am

dolphin wrote:Hm, I guess that means that GULC wrote "Road" out from the getgo and only used abbreviations for Street and Apartment?

Mannnn, I am overanalyzing this one.

Sorry to everyone on this thread to whom these issues are irrelevant! I promise to shut up now.


Ha no worries I check my status checker everyday in the hopes that something changes. It's not so much that they write certain words out from the getgo but it probably just depends on how you filled out your application. For example, I wrote out Avenue in my app so it has always said Avenue but I wrote Apt. I'm guessing that if they were to accept me that would change to Apartment

Geneva
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 1:32 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geneva » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:29 am

I guess this means I will be waitlisted or rejected. My application has been "completed" since before my interview, though, which makes deciphering status updates even more of a challenge...

dkpianoman
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dkpianoman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:56 am

Got rejected today. First rejection of the cycle, doesn't feel too good. I was placed on hold in December after sending my app in the first week of November. My last update was 2/17

User avatar
ub3rm3nsch
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:10 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ub3rm3nsch » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:13 am

[deleted]
Last edited by ub3rm3nsch on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:27 am

ub3rm3nsch wrote:was put in the Special group on the preferred waitlist. Does anyone have any advice or know what this actually means? I feel like it's a nice way to say no slowly. From what I've read, the first two years everyone in this group got in, but reading through last years forum it seemed like a large number of people on the so-called "SPWL" did not.


Common wisdom is that the special group is YP. But I got accepted from the 'special/preferred' waiting list with a brief email of continued interest. So you still have a chance.

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:47 am

brogoc wrote:
ub3rm3nsch wrote:was put in the Special group on the preferred waitlist. Does anyone have any advice or know what this actually means? I feel like it's a nice way to say no slowly. From what I've read, the first two years everyone in this group got in, but reading through last years forum it seemed like a large number of people on the so-called "SPWL" did not.


Common wisdom is that the special group is YP. But I got accepted from the 'special/preferred' waiting list with a brief email of continued interest. So you still have a chance.


Congratulations on getting in from the special group! How long did it take for you to find out you were admitted from when you sent in your email (I guess I'm really asking how long did it take for your status to update so that you were able to deduce that you were admitted)? I'm also in the special group and sent a LOCI via email on Friday but have yet to see any status updates. Thanks!

User avatar
brogoc
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:03 am

commonpleas wrote:
brogoc wrote:
ub3rm3nsch wrote:was put in the Special group on the preferred waitlist. Does anyone have any advice or know what this actually means? I feel like it's a nice way to say no slowly. From what I've read, the first two years everyone in this group got in, but reading through last years forum it seemed like a large number of people on the so-called "SPWL" did not.


Common wisdom is that the special group is YP. But I got accepted from the 'special/preferred' waiting list with a brief email of continued interest. So you still have a chance.


Congratulations on getting in from the special group! How long did it take for you to find out you were admitted from when you sent in your email (I guess I'm really asking how long did it take for your status to update so that you were able to deduce that you were admitted)? I'm also in the special group and sent a LOCI via email on Friday but have yet to see any status updates. Thanks!


I stopped looking at the status checker after getting waitlisted, but 4 weeks after expressing continued interest my acceptance came in the mail.

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:06 am

brogoc wrote:
I stopped looking at the status checker after getting waitlisted, but 4 weeks after expressing continued interest my acceptance came in the mail.


good move, i should probably force myself to do the same. i'll give up my GULC status checker for lent.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:40 am

In!! Finally received a letter via snail mail with a nice little note. Very likely to attend in the fall!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”