Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
cuzinvinny
Posts: 35
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cuzinvinny » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:15 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:Just got access to ASW.... they emailed me it, BUT IT SAYS INVALID USERNAME PASSWORD COMBO???!?!??!?!??!?!?!?


It usually takes 4 days. Based on my experience you should be able to log on after 12am on Friday (between Thursday and Friday).

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:36 pm

cuzinvinny wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:Just got access to ASW.... they emailed me it, BUT IT SAYS INVALID USERNAME PASSWORD COMBO???!?!??!?!??!?!?!?


It usually takes 4 days. Based on my experience you should be able to log on after 12am on Friday (between Thursday and Friday).


But I'm definitely in???

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
cuzinvinny wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:Just got access to ASW.... they emailed me it, BUT IT SAYS INVALID USERNAME PASSWORD COMBO???!?!??!?!??!?!?!?


It usually takes 4 days. Based on my experience you should be able to log on after 12am on Friday (between Thursday and Friday).


But I'm definitely in???


Yup.

Anyways, got a view book deal (freakin' huge) and a signed letter from the dean outlining some of what GTown is known for today.

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:29 am

Way late to the party, but checking in. Not sure why I waited so long... oh well.

User avatar
meredy171
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby meredy171 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:13 pm

zylaxice wrote:In via snailmail, originally was on the "special group within the preferred waitlist." I was surprised, because I didn't pursue it especially hard. Very reassuring to have that admit though.


I'm on the same WL. did you get any confirmation after you sent the email?

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:19 pm

is there an admitted/ attending Georgetown forum? When is accepted students day?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:24 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:is there an admitted/ attending Georgetown forum? When is accepted students day?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=174597&start=350

March 30th I believe

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sammy841 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:29 pm

My first and only conplete was on 1/04. I feel lonely.

zylaxice
Posts: 46
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:12 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zylaxice » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:57 pm

meredy171 wrote:
zylaxice wrote:In via snailmail, originally was on the "special group within the preferred waitlist." I was surprised, because I didn't pursue it especially hard. Very reassuring to have that admit though.


I'm on the same WL. did you get any confirmation after you sent the email?



My LOCI? Yeah, I sent it to the email address given in the waitlist email, and first got an automated Out of Office reply message stating that the letter would be added to my file, and then a personalized email the next day commenting on my letter, promising to stay in contact and answering some of the questions I had asked.

nyyfan333
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nyyfan333 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:02 pm

Sammy841 wrote:My first and only conplete was on 1/04. I feel lonely.

I am in the exact same situation...kinda sucks right now haha, not sure if I should send them something or what

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm

Updated again 2/14 (after an alumni interview). For those who had alumni interviews, how long did it take for you to get your decision from GTown?

User avatar
Geoffrey
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Geoffrey » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm

Have we seen an address update from ave to Avenue that wasn't followed by an acceptance? (I was already on the preferred WL and updated to complete today)

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:38 pm

moxy wrote:Updated again 2/14 (after an alumni interview). For those who had alumni interviews, how long did it take for you to get your decision from GTown?


3-4 weeks, but that's including Xmas.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:53 pm

eaper wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated again 2/14 (after an alumni interview). For those who had alumni interviews, how long did it take for you to get your decision from GTown?


3-4 weeks, but that's including Xmas.


Thanks eaper!

dkpianoman
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby dkpianoman » Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:20 pm

Anyone else that was put on hold update today? What could this mean?

User avatar
southernsuperstar
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:54 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby southernsuperstar » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:15 pm

eaper wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated again 2/14 (after an alumni interview). For those who had alumni interviews, how long did it take for you to get your decision from GTown?


3-4 weeks, but that's including Xmas.


I hope it moves a little faster without the holiday :?

2/14 update after alumni interview as well

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:23 pm

moxy wrote:
eaper wrote:
moxy wrote:Updated again 2/14 (after an alumni interview). For those who had alumni interviews, how long did it take for you to get your decision from GTown?


3-4 weeks, but that's including Xmas.


Thanks eaper!


Just a note- it was 30 days until I could log onto their ASW (could generate a pw 26 days after the interview). Received the letter 4 days letter (mailed to Texas, if you want to account for that as well:P).

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby benito » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:25 pm

Geoffrey wrote:Have we seen an address update from ave to Avenue that wasn't followed by an acceptance? (I was already on the preferred WL and updated to complete today)


I don't think we have, definitely a good sign.

User avatar
meredy171
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby meredy171 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:55 pm

zylaxice wrote:
meredy171 wrote:
zylaxice wrote:In via snailmail, originally was on the "special group within the preferred waitlist." I was surprised, because I didn't pursue it especially hard. Very reassuring to have that admit though.


I'm on the same WL. did you get any confirmation after you sent the email?



My LOCI? Yeah, I sent it to the email address given in the waitlist email, and first got an automated Out of Office reply message stating that the letter would be added to my file, and then a personalized email the next day commenting on my letter, promising to stay in contact and answering some of the questions I had asked.


Just got the personalized email... here's hoping I end up with the same result as you!

flashforward2
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flashforward2 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Has anyone been accepted that did not get an interview?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:12 pm

flashforward2 wrote:Has anyone been accepted that did not get an interview?


Most people who are accepted do not interview.

flashforward2
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flashforward2 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:18 pm

Good to know. I've talked to graduates and those who have been accepted in past cycles, and they were not interviewed. However, I've seen so many people on this forum who have received interviews, so I wasn't sure if this was the new "norm."

Signed,

Anxious in DC

luxxe wrote:
flashforward2 wrote:Has anyone been accepted that did not get an interview?


Most people who are accepted do not interview.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:21 pm

interviews only started a couple years ago I think.

SFLawSchooler
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:34 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby SFLawSchooler » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 pm

dkpianoman wrote:Anyone else that was put on hold update today? What could this mean?


Yep I did. Probably an inevitable waitlist :(. Or it could mean that both of us are in with huge scholarships!! Maybe? :)

leobloomhorn
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby leobloomhorn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Just did the "No Password" process and received the email with my username and password. I can't login to the site either. How can we be sure that we're in??

Could it be a computer glitch?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: curry1, curry4bfast, Google Adsense [Bot], JosefK, Lhcarter22, premalone, Specter1389 and 9 guests