Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Ti1Her0
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Ti1Her0 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Application completed stuck on 11/1 here. Login still works for me.

User avatar
cubbiesyear
Posts: 104
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cubbiesyear » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:59 pm

applied early october. complete updated three times.. the last one over a week ago.

radio silence..

no emails/invites. no snail mail. nothing.

grrr

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:53 pm

scottybared wrote:My GULC status checker isn't working. My app went complete yesterday, now it says that I have the wrong password and when I try to retrieve it, it tells me I have an unknown user ID (it's the same one as all the other status checkers, and those are working). Anyone else have this problem today? Should I call someone about it or wait a few days?


It's working now. No change to the status. Weird.

PersuasiveCharm
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PersuasiveCharm » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:24 pm

cubbiesyear wrote:applied early october. complete updated three times.. the last one over a week ago.

radio silence..

no emails/invites. no snail mail. nothing.

grrr


Same boat. I think I'm stuck at 10/25?

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:18 pm

just noticed that im completed at 11/4. i wonder if thats the complete complete? its my first movement since the original complete on 10/27.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:52 pm

One of my recommenders sent me an email from Georgetown that was sent the same day my status was updated (which was 11/2, submitted on 10/24/11, complete 10/27/11). It basically thanked her for writing the LOR. Apparently GULC receives more apps than any other law school and the LORs help to distinguish between several qualified candidates.

Anyway, has anyone else been told of such an email from a recommender? Is this something they sent out when the file is complete, or when they are ready to make a decision?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been covered)

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:09 pm

addy11 wrote:One of my recommenders sent me an email from Georgetown that was sent the same day my status was updated (which was 11/2, submitted on 10/24/11, complete 10/27/11). It basically thanked her for writing the LOR. Apparently GULC receives more apps than any other law school and the LORs help to distinguish between several qualified candidates.

Anyway, has anyone else been told of such an email from a recommender? Is this something they sent out when the file is complete, or when they are ready to make a decision?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been covered)


I asked the same question a few pages ago. No one else seemed to have a similar experience (or at least didn't mention it).

But yes, checking with 2 of my 4 recommenders, they both got letters thanking them for writing. Interestingly, they both got different letters as well. One of my recommenders wrote a very very detailed LoR about his experiences with me, while the other one I would probably call a little more generic. The former got a very long response back thanking him, the latter just got a form letter.

What it means? No one has been able to tell me.

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:43 pm

addy11 wrote:One of my recommenders sent me an email from Georgetown that was sent the same day my status was updated (which was 11/2, submitted on 10/24/11, complete 10/27/11). It basically thanked her for writing the LOR. Apparently GULC receives more apps than any other law school and the LORs help to distinguish between several qualified candidates.

Anyway, has anyone else been told of such an email from a recommender? Is this something they sent out when the file is complete, or when they are ready to make a decision?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been covered)


my LOR writer also told me about this e-mail, i'm pretty sure they do it for everyone. it makes sense, because often the people who write LORs have influence over future applicants and can encourage them to apply to georgetown. brilliant PR, GULC.

as far as what it means for our application status, i have no idea.

User avatar
elibrarian
Posts: 336
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby elibrarian » Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:01 pm

addy11 wrote:One of my recommenders sent me an email from Georgetown that was sent the same day my status was updated (which was 11/2, submitted on 10/24/11, complete 10/27/11). It basically thanked her for writing the LOR. Apparently GULC receives more apps than any other law school and the LORs help to distinguish between several qualified candidates.

Anyway, has anyone else been told of such an email from a recommender? Is this something they sent out when the file is complete, or when they are ready to make a decision?

(Apologies in advance if this has already been covered)


They do this with everyone. It is pretty nice though.

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JPudding » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:01 pm

"Application Completed" as of 11/7!

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:06 pm

Agreed. I have been surprised by how well certain schools execute mass gestures (GULC recommender email; NYU "Thanks so much again for your interest in NYU, and we wish you the best in this process" confirmation email; Harvard's very informative information emails) and totally unimpressed by other schools (NW and Michigan taking forever for a confirmaiton email; Iowa sending me about 10 "fee waiver applications" even though I have never expressed any interest in Iowa nor in attending LS in Iowa).

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:29 pm

addy11 wrote:Agreed. I have been surprised by how well certain schools execute mass gestures (GULC recommender email; NYU "Thanks so much again for your interest in NYU, and we wish you the best in this process" confirmation email; Harvard's very informative information emails) and totally unimpressed by other schools (NW and Michigan taking forever for a confirmaiton email; Iowa sending me about 10 "fee waiver applications" even though I have never expressed any interest in Iowa nor in attending LS in Iowa).


I got my email from NU very quickly. Still don't have one from NYU

Complete at GULC, good luck yall

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:44 pm

So, my status checker has only changed complete dates once, and is now stuck at 10/11. Does this mean I've been waitlisted, even though the status says "complete"?

sea15
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:20 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sea15 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Just accepted!

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:16 pm

sea15 wrote:Just accepted!

congrats!!!

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:18 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:So, my status checker has only changed complete dates once, and is now stuck at 10/11. Does this mean I've been waitlisted, even though the status says "complete"?

does is say "complete" or "application completed"?

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:39 pm

lrslayer wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:So, my status checker has only changed complete dates once, and is now stuck at 10/11. Does this mean I've been waitlisted, even though the status says "complete"?

does is say "complete" or "application completed"?


It just says "complete." It has not moved for almost a month now, and I have been hearing of everyone else having some movement. I don't think it is an auto reject, or I would have received the email by now IMO. I applied part time, so I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it? Any thoughts? My numbers are a reach though, 161, 4.11, NA.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:So, my status checker has only changed complete dates once, and is now stuck at 10/11. Does this mean I've been waitlisted, even though the status says "complete"?

does is say "complete" or "application completed"?


It just says "complete." It has not moved for almost a month now, and I have been hearing of everyone else having some movement. I don't think it is an auto reject, or I would have received the email by now IMO. I applied part time, so I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it? Any thoughts? My numbers are a reach though, 161, 4.11, NA.

i am just asking because mine was accessed on 11.4 and it says "application completed" and i can't remember if thats what it always said or if it used to say just "complete".

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:47 pm

lrslayer wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:
lrslayer wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:So, my status checker has only changed complete dates once, and is now stuck at 10/11. Does this mean I've been waitlisted, even though the status says "complete"?

does is say "complete" or "application completed"?


It just says "complete." It has not moved for almost a month now, and I have been hearing of everyone else having some movement. I don't think it is an auto reject, or I would have received the email by now IMO. I applied part time, so I am wondering if maybe that has something to do with it? Any thoughts? My numbers are a reach though, 161, 4.11, NA.

i am just asking because mine was accessed on 11.4 and it says "application completed" and i can't remember if thats what it always said or if it used to say just "complete".

Mine says Application Completed but my date hasn't updated since 10/31. My numbers are decent (3.53, 171), I guess.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:48 pm

thanks for clearing that up. i was anxious for nothing :)

User avatar
bhagerty315
Posts: 15
Joined: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bhagerty315 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:52 pm

sea15 wrote:Just accepted!


Congrats! If you don't mind my asking, when did you apply/first go complete?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:59 pm

sea15 wrote:Just accepted!


Congratulations!

How were you notified?

User avatar
tennisballs
Posts: 91
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tennisballs » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:19 pm

PersuasiveCharm wrote:
cubbiesyear wrote:applied early october. complete updated three times.. the last one over a week ago.

radio silence..

no emails/invites. no snail mail. nothing.

grrr


Same boat. I think I'm stuck at 10/25?


Same, stuck at 10/25. Applied ED, if 3 weeks is accurate I should hear by sometime next week?

Crossing my fingers, praying and getting inspiration from fortune cookies...

cleareyesfullheart
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cleareyesfullheart » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Mine says application complete as of today

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:48 pm

As of today, 11/7, I am "Application Completed." Received 10/31, Complete 11/2.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”