Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:05 pm

decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:15 pm

Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Good luck to you! My interview was really laid back and went well- I hope your's is as well.

User avatar
abstract
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abstract » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:06 pm

I know this has been addressed before, but I applied to both PT/FT divisions, and upon my last update 2/2, my "Current Status" changed to "Application Completed."

More importantly, my "Program Time" changed from "Both" to "Full-time."

Given my numbers, I would be pretty shocked to gain admission to the FT division. Also, I tried generating a password on ASW, and nothing. Could this status change mean something other than an acceptance?

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:14 pm

abstract wrote:I know this has been addressed before, but I applied to both PT/FT divisions, and upon my last update 2/2, my "Current Status" changed to "Application Completed."

More importantly, my "Program Time" changed from "Both" to "Full-time."

Given my numbers, I would be pretty shocked to gain admission to the FT division. Also, I tried generating a password on ASW, and nothing. Could this status change mean something other than an acceptance?


has your address or citizenship changed in your status checker? from my stalking perusing of this thread, it seems that that indicates that they're preparing a mailing which would seem to indicate an acceptance. other than that i have no idea except maybe they decided to only consider you for full-time instead of both.

User avatar
abstract
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abstract » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:18 pm

jhw219 wrote:has your address or citizenship changed in your status checker? from my stalking perusing of this thread, it seems that that indicates that they're preparing a mailing which would seem to indicate an acceptance. other than that i have no idea except maybe they decided to only consider you for full-time instead of both.


Good question. I have been terrible at both stalking threads and paying attention to status checker details. I seem to think that my street address was not listed before, but now it is. No idea on citizenship.

Thanks for the reply. If you are correct, then you totally just made my day.

User avatar
jhw219
Posts: 77
Joined: Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:44 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jhw219 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:26 pm

abstract wrote:
jhw219 wrote:has your address or citizenship changed in your status checker? from my stalking perusing of this thread, it seems that that indicates that they're preparing a mailing which would seem to indicate an acceptance. other than that i have no idea except maybe they decided to only consider you for full-time instead of both.


Good question. I have been terrible at both stalking threads and paying attention to status checker details. I seem to think that my street address was not listed before, but now it is. No idea on citizenship.

Thanks for the reply. If you are correct, then you totally just made my day.


no problem! not to take away any hope that i just gave you, but your address should have always been there it's more that people who noticed changes saw changes like St. becoming Street and Apt. # becoming Apartment #. Also, when did you apply? Because if it was recently there is a slight chance that they finally got around to updating your status checker...

User avatar
abstract
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abstract » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:37 pm

jhw219 wrote:no problem! not to take away any hope that i just gave you, but your address should have always been there it's more that people who noticed changes saw changes like St. becoming Street and Apt. # becoming Apartment #. Also, when did you apply? Because if it was recently there is a slight chance that they finally got around to updating your status checker...


Ah, yes. Well, the word "Street" in my address is definitely written in full, but again, no idea if that means anything. I did apply fairly recently--1/6. Still, I cannot figure out why the change in my program time status.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:50 pm

Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Me too. Getting nervous!

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:55 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Me too. Getting nervous!


You'll be fine! My interviewer was suppppppeeeeer nice =)

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:04 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Me too. Getting nervous!



lol, probably for the same reason too.
odd question, which uc?

eads
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eads » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:07 pm

eaper wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Me too. Getting nervous!


You'll be fine! My interviewer was suppppppeeeeer nice =)


Similar experience here....however, I am wondering how much the interview counts, as most everybody here reported that the interviewer was super nice and said he/she going to write a nice recommendation...haha

d.schoenfeld16
Posts: 48
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:17 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby d.schoenfeld16 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:11 pm

eads wrote:
eaper wrote:
imjustjoking22 wrote:
Liquox wrote:decided to go interview. got an alum who's pretty casual and wants to meet face to face.

best of luck guys


Me too. Getting nervous!


You'll be fine! My interviewer was suppppppeeeeer nice =)


Similar experience here....however, I am wondering how much the interview counts, as most everybody here reported that the interviewer was super nice and said he/she going to write a nice recommendation...haha



In all honesty, in less you come off as absolutely terrible, I think the big boost from the interview comes the actual willingness to take the time to take part in the interview process. Showing initiative by taking time out of your day to further present yourself to a Georgetown rep would seem to indicate, at least to me, a real interest in the program. That's just my two cents.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:18 pm

funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.

eads
Posts: 29
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:39 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eads » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Liquox wrote:funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.


Mostly true (at least in my case)...your numbers are good enough though...maybe applied a little late in the circle?

but we do see occasionally someone gets interviewed for YP purpose...

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:29 pm

Liquox wrote:funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.


They want me, they really want me! But yeah, I was slightly below both medians.

User avatar
Liquox
Posts: 273
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Liquox » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:52 pm

eads wrote:
Liquox wrote:funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.


Mostly true (at least in my case)...your numbers are good enough though...maybe applied a little late in the circle?

but we do see occasionally someone gets interviewed for YP purpose...


(lol, my numbers are definitely not good enough for YP purposes)

hehe, how'd you guess?
i didn't send my gtown app off until early january. i was so happy after the october lsat that i forgot to consider $$. it wasn't until i got duke that i realized i might not get enough $$ from the ones i applied for.
hoping for something from gtown or cornell. not sure it's going to happen this late in the game, but if not and i get in, someone else can have the spot.

imjustjoking22
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:46 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby imjustjoking22 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:59 pm

eads wrote:
Liquox wrote:funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.


Mostly true (at least in my case)...your numbers are good enough though...maybe applied a little late in the circle?

but we do see occasionally someone gets interviewed for YP purpose...


I app'd late, below gpa above LSAT medians. Aahhhhhhh. Hoping I can get my interview set up quickly! Does anyone know if they're usually quick after the interview or not?

User avatar
Capitol_Idea
Posts: 10729
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Capitol_Idea » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:25 am

MyLetterJustCameInTheMailYesterdayAndI'mSoFinallyRelieved! Best of luck to all those still waiting and I look forward to seeing y'all in the Fall!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:23 am

zacharus85 wrote:MyLetterJustCameInTheMailYesterdayAndI'mSoFinallyRelieved! Best of luck to all those still waiting and I look forward to seeing y'all in the Fall!


nice! congrats! :D

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:48 am

zacharus85 wrote:MyLetterJustCameInTheMailYesterdayAndI'mSoFinallyRelieved! Best of luck to all those still waiting and I look forward to seeing y'all in the Fall!

Whoohoo!!!!

User avatar
abstract
Posts: 50
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:08 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby abstract » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:38 pm

zacharus85 wrote:MyLetterJustCameInTheMailYesterdayAndI'mSoFinallyRelieved! Best of luck to all those still waiting and I look forward to seeing y'all in the Fall!


Hooray! Mazel tov!

Minesweeper
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Oct 25, 2009 4:21 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Minesweeper » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:41 pm

Last update Dec. 1. Interviewed on Jan. 19th. RD. Haven't heard a word. I'm feeling a ding.

benito
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby benito » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:58 pm

imjustjoking22 wrote:
eads wrote:
Liquox wrote:funny story about that.

earlier this cycle my friend's interviewer (accidentally?) sent her the letter gtown sent him. not sure if the guy was supposed to do that, but it came with the evaluation form link and the reason why we're being interviewed. the general idea is that a person gets interviewed if one or both of their numbers is below the median but gtown still wants them.


Mostly true (at least in my case)...your numbers are good enough though...maybe applied a little late in the circle?

but we do see occasionally someone gets interviewed for YP purpose...


I app'd late, below gpa above LSAT medians. Aahhhhhhh. Hoping I can get my interview set up quickly! Does anyone know if they're usually quick after the interview or not?


It seems they are usually pretty quick after the interview, although I have seen some exceptions on here. But it can take awhile to actually set the thing up depending on the availability of alums in your geographic area. My interview took a reallyyy long time to set up and I was agonizing over the delay but it worked out well in the end. I've noticed there are two reasons for the interview, one is for them decide on borderline candidates which would be the case if you were below one ore both medians, and the other is for them to gauge how serious the applicant is about actually attending if you have really high #'s; for YP purposes. So if you're below median you want to sell yourself and explain the deficient #, if you're above you want to allow them to sell Georgetown and try to get across that you will attend if accepted.

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby theduffman » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:17 pm

So, I got placed on hold about a month and a half ago. Think it's still worth it to send in a LOCI? Has anyone gotten in that was held earlier in the cycle?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:26 pm

theduffman wrote:So, I got placed on hold about a month and a half ago. Think it's still worth it to send in a LOCI? Has anyone gotten in that was held earlier in the cycle?


I'm not in your situation, but if I was... I would go ahead an send int he LOCI now




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”