Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
amantedevie

New

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by amantedevie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:30 pm

mizzy wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Just went complete for a third time... what does that mean???

1/12, 1/30, 2/2
I also went complete for the third time today, and I think my change dates are very similar to yours, but don't really remember! I don't know what it means, but hopefully it means that a decision will be reached soon. Georgetown is a reach for me, but I'm still hopeful! I applied ED first week of January. Is it true that they promise a decision within 3 weeks for ED apps? I didn't know that until I read it on here somewhere... but if so, it has been over three weeks.
ED guarantees that a decision will be mailed within 3 weeks of the application being complete. What was the first day you were updated to complete status?

mizzy

New

Post by mizzy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm

amantedevie wrote:
mizzy wrote:
parebare23 wrote:Just went complete for a third time... what does that mean???

1/12, 1/30, 2/2
I also went complete for the third time today, and I think my change dates are very similar to yours, but don't really remember! I don't know what it means, but hopefully it means that a decision will be reached soon. Georgetown is a reach for me, but I'm still hopeful! I applied ED first week of January. Is it true that they promise a decision within 3 weeks for ED apps? I didn't know that until I read it on here somewhere... but if so, it has been over three weeks.
ED guarantees that a decision will be mailed within 3 weeks of the application being complete. What was the first day you were updated to complete status?
I went complete on Jan. 11 - so I should get a decision very soon!

gthopeful

Bronze

Post by gthopeful » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:31 pm

I emailed an loci yesterday morning and have not gotten a confirmation saying that it has been added to my file yet...should i call them and check it out or wait a little longer..i dont want to bombard and annoy them but I have heard that Georgetown likes and makes note of when an applicant calls/ shows interest in any way?? any advice??

gravityrides0

Silver

Post by gravityrides0 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:39 pm

Why no updates since 1/6 after my interview? :(

Worker and Parasite

Bronze

Post by Worker and Parasite » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:01 pm

gthopeful wrote:I emailed an loci yesterday morning and have not gotten a confirmation saying that it has been added to my file yet...should i call them and check it out or wait a little longer..i dont want to bombard and annoy them but I have heard that Georgetown likes and makes note of when an applicant calls/ shows interest in any way?? any advice??
Give it a week. I don't think they write down "applicant called into pester -3 points" but it was literally yesterday that you emailed them.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
gthopeful wrote:I emailed an loci yesterday morning and have not gotten a confirmation saying that it has been added to my file yet...should i call them and check it out or wait a little longer..i dont want to bombard and annoy them but I have heard that Georgetown likes and makes note of when an applicant calls/ shows interest in any way?? any advice??
Give it a week. I don't think they write down "applicant called into pester -3 points" but it was literally yesterday that you emailed them.
I think it was a bit too early for the LOCI itself to be honest

gthopeful

Bronze

Post by gthopeful » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:10 pm

I may not have a week as I am an ED applicant( I sent it in before i recieved a decision)...and im already at 1.5 weeks so i dont have that much time left before my 3 weeks decision...but i see your point..ill wait until at least next week

gthopeful

Bronze

Post by gthopeful » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:12 pm

benito wrote:
yeah i know it might have been...but since i got my second complete on wed. and didnt get an interview request i started to get real nervous becasue my numbers arent that strong so i decided to send one...id rather feel i did all i could and get a rejection rather than getting one and wondering whether or not a letter could have made even the slightest difference

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:19 pm

gthopeful wrote:
benito wrote:
yeah i know it might have been...but since i got my second complete on wed. and didnt get an interview request i started to get real nervous becasue my numbers arent that strong so i decided to send one...id rather feel i did all i could and get a rejection rather than getting one and wondering whether or not a letter could have made even the slightest difference
well that makes sense....good luck!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gthopeful

Bronze

Post by gthopeful » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:46 pm

I think it was a bit too early for the LOCI itself to be honest[/quote]

yeah i know it might have been...but since i got my second complete on wed. and didnt get an interview request i started to get real nervous becasue my numbers arent that strong so i decided to send one...id rather feel i did all i could and get a rejection rather than getting one and wondering whether or not a letter could have made even the slightest difference[/quote]

well that makes sense....good luck![/quote]

Thanks...i need some luck

nyyfan333

New

Post by nyyfan333 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:18 pm

i have had trouble using the online status checker...it says my username and/or password is wrong and then when i say i forgot my password it says it does not recognize my username. anyone else? it feels not good haha

censored311

New

Post by censored311 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:29 pm

Got waitlisted today. Went complete for the second time on 2/2. My scores weren't very high but getting WL'ed by GW and GULC in back to back days is definitely a buzzkill..

mithriliel

New

Post by mithriliel » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:31 pm

preferred waitlist :(

any idea what the chances are for getting off it?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

AlphaGlam

New

Post by AlphaGlam » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Just got preferred waitlisted. What are the chances of getting in before, say, the April deposits are due for other schools? GULC is definitely my top choice. Slight buzzkill to get waitlisted but oh well.

jlc141

New

Post by jlc141 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Been looking through this thread and can't seem to find anyone in the same situation that I am. I've had four updates including my initial complete date (1/9, 1/13, 2/1, 2/2) but haven't received a WL/R email nor am I able to log into the ASW. Anyone in the same boat? I also never got an interview request.

jblues

New

Post by jblues » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:50 pm

jlc141 wrote:Been looking through this thread and can't seem to find anyone in the same situation that I am. I've had four updates including my initial complete date (1/9, 1/13, 2/1, 2/2) but haven't received a WL/R email nor am I able to log into the ASW. Anyone in the same boat? I also never got an interview request.
My update numbers are identical to yours!! I've had 4 updates on those exact dates as well. I've been obsessively refreshing my email since 5 PM, dreading a WL/Rejection one. I can't log into ASW either. :/

jlc141

New

Post by jlc141 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:52 pm

jblues wrote:
jlc141 wrote:Been looking through this thread and can't seem to find anyone in the same situation that I am. I've had four updates including my initial complete date (1/9, 1/13, 2/1, 2/2) but haven't received a WL/R email nor am I able to log into the ASW. Anyone in the same boat? I also never got an interview request.
My update numbers are identical to yours!! I've had 4 updates on those exact dates as well. I've been obsessively refreshing my email since 5 PM, dreading a WL/Rejection one. I can't log into ASW either. :/
I've been doing the same! Very confused, seems like most people are hearing back the day after their fourth update. Oh well, guess we'll just have to continue refreshing and hope for the best

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:11 pm

jlc141 wrote:
jblues wrote:
I've been doing the same! Very confused, seems like most people are hearing back the day after their fourth update. Oh well, guess we'll just have to continue refreshing and hope for the best
I hesitated to write this cause I'd hate to bring hopes up falsely but I think if you two don't get an waitlist or reject email by the end of the day its a really good sign. Your pattern is like mine and many other who were admitted. You could then expect to go complete again on Monday and be able to generate a username/password on asw a few hours later although they won't work for a few days. hope thats how it works out for you

alitoalitoalito

New

Post by alitoalitoalito » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:15 pm

Did my status checker always have my address at the top of my Bio/Address/Demographics box? I was almost positive it wasn't there a few weeks ago, but now I'm looking at my other status checkers and it's there for every school. Am I going crazy, or is this just an LSAC-wide update?

jblues

New

Post by jblues » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 pm

jlc141 wrote:
jblues wrote:

Best of luck to you!!

jlc141

New

Post by jlc141 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm

benito wrote:
jlc141 wrote:
jblues wrote:
I hesitated to write this cause I'd hate to bring hopes up falsely but I think if you two don't get an waitlist or reject email by the end of the day its a really good sign. Your pattern is like mine and many other who were admitted. You could then expect to go complete again on Monday and be able to generate a username/password on asw a few hours later although they won't work for a few days. hope thats how it works out for you

Thank you for that information, good to know that others have been in the same situation :)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

jlc141

New

Post by jlc141 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:21 pm

jblues wrote:
jlc141 wrote:
jblues wrote:

Best of luck to you!!
To you as well!

skitlets

Bronze

Post by skitlets » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:38 pm

Dinged today. Expected but disappointed, as it was a pretty big reach.

Completed 2/2 and 2/3

mizzy

New

Post by mizzy » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:32 pm

skitlets wrote:Dinged today. Expected but disappointed, as it was a pretty big reach.

Completed 2/2 and 2/3

Me too. GT was my dream school, but that's okay. Guess I'll just have to spend the next 3 years in Miami instead :) Good luck to the rest of you!

goldeneye

Silver

Post by goldeneye » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 am

Last edited by goldeneye on Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”