Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jblues

New
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jblues » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:38 pm

Interviewed back in October, went complete in December, last status update was on 1/13 - Georgetown pleaaassseeee stop torturing me!!!! You are my dream school, please let me in already!!
Last edited by jblues on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terriers

New
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:02 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby terriers » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:58 pm

3.4/171 and I just got preferred waitlist after not moving for a month. I'm most likely planning on NU, but I'm a little confused by this one, based on LSN, everyone around me is in, had a good interview and etc. Didn't do a "Why Georgetown" wonder if that's what sunk me.

EDIT: It's Special Group within the Preferred Wait list, what the heck does this mean? Am I in if I show interest?
Last edited by terriers on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE

Bronze
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:05 pm

Did anyone else update today (1/20)? :?: My complete dates are 12/5/2011, 12/9/2011, 1/20/2012.
I interviewed yesterday, 1/19.

gravityrides0

Silver
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:07 pm

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Did anyone else update today (1/20)? :?: My complete dates are 12/5/2011, 12/9/2011, 1/20/2012.
I interviewed yesterday, 1/19.


My complete date updated on 1/6 the day after I interviewed (1/5), too. could just mean they got your interviewer's feedback

User avatar
brogoc

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:10 pm

Got put on the Preferred Waiting List today.

User avatar
commonpleas

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:13 pm

"Special group" within preferred waitlist today.

User avatar
XCanadian91

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby XCanadian91 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:15 pm

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Did anyone else update today (1/20)? :?: My complete dates are 12/5/2011, 12/9/2011, 1/20/2012.
I interviewed yesterday, 1/19.


not yet... Did your address and citizenship update? Don't you already have your username and pass to the ASW?

User avatar
brogoc

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Do "special group" and "Preferred" Waiting List really mean anything? Or does everyone on the waiting list get the same email?

User avatar
KRog

New
Posts: 54
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KRog » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Does anyone know where to find stats on the "special group" within last year's "preferred waitlist"? What percentage of these people got in off the waitlist?

User avatar
brogoc

New
Posts: 81
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brogoc » Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... =7&t=31891

This is from a few years back but it looks like less than 10%.

User avatar
moneybagsphd

Silver
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moneybagsphd » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:09 pm

Preferred WL today. I don't know what the fuck that means.

User avatar
anjmissy

Bronze
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:40 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anjmissy » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:23 pm

georgetown took my rejection virginity today..o well..it was a reach school anyway..

User avatar
ColtsFan88

Silver
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:24 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:Preferred WL today. I don't know what the fuck that means.


You mean you didn't get on the "Special" Preferred Waitlist either? Bummer.

How ridiculous is that statement.

User avatar
moneybagsphd

Silver
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moneybagsphd » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:30 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Preferred WL today. I don't know what the fuck that means.


You mean you didn't get on the "Special" Preferred Waitlist either? Bummer.

How ridiculous is that statement.

"[your name has been placed] in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."
Georgetown's the only T14 I've heard back from so far, and now I'm worried. Maybe because I submitted in December? Maybe because I didn't write a "Why Georgetown"?

User avatar
ColtsFan88

Silver
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:47 pm

moneybagsphd wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Preferred WL today. I don't know what the fuck that means.


You mean you didn't get on the "Special" Preferred Waitlist either? Bummer.

How ridiculous is that statement.

"[your name has been placed] in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."
Georgetown's the only T14 I've heard back from so far, and now I'm worried. Maybe because I submitted in December? Maybe because I didn't write a "Why Georgetown"?


You bastard you lied to me :lol:
EDIT: FWIW I got regular preferred and didn't write Why GTown.

User avatar
moneybagsphd

Silver
Posts: 888
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moneybagsphd » Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:52 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:Preferred WL today. I don't know what the fuck that means.


You mean you didn't get on the "Special" Preferred Waitlist either? Bummer.

How ridiculous is that statement.

"[your name has been placed] in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."
Georgetown's the only T14 I've heard back from so far, and now I'm worried. Maybe because I submitted in December? Maybe because I didn't write a "Why Georgetown"?


You bastard you lied to me :lol:
EDIT: FWIW I got regular preferred and didn't write Why GTown.

Yeah, I didn't read the previous posts, so I wasn't aware of the distinction. Still pretty disheartening.

FWIW with your LSAT score it's probably a straight up YP. 8)

User avatar
Rule_of_Law

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rule_of_Law » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:09 pm

IN (unless ASW is lying to me)... has anyone been able to generate user/pw that was not subsequently admitted through more 'official' channels?

User avatar
XCanadian91

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby XCanadian91 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:16 pm

Rule_of_Law wrote:IN (unless ASW is lying to me)... has anyone been able to generate user/pw that was not subsequently admitted through more 'official' channels?

when was your last update?

User avatar
Rule_of_Law

New
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rule_of_Law » Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:23 pm

XCanadian91 wrote:
Rule_of_Law wrote:IN (unless ASW is lying to me)... has anyone been able to generate user/pw that was not subsequently admitted through more 'official' channels?

when was your last update?

multiple updates over the last few days, 1/19 updated address and citizenship, 1/20 update without any changes.

ucbkenn

Bronze
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ucbkenn » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:49 pm

Withdrew my application. Good luck!

benito

Bronze
Posts: 321
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:09 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby benito » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:12 am

aaaaand, just finally accessed admitted students website.....still can't quite believe it, good times :D

User avatar
eaper

Silver
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 am

benito wrote:aaaaand, just finally accessed admitted students website.....still can't quite believe it, good times :D


Welcome and Grats! =)

User avatar
XCanadian91

New
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby XCanadian91 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:34 am

Rule_of_Law wrote:
XCanadian91 wrote:
Rule_of_Law wrote:IN (unless ASW is lying to me)... has anyone been able to generate user/pw that was not subsequently admitted through more 'official' channels?

when was your last update?

multiple updates over the last few days, 1/19 updated address and citizenship, 1/20 update without any changes.

You're making me freak out... I didn't get the 1/20 update and cannot log in to the ASW. Argggg.....

User avatar
ColtsFan88

Silver
Posts: 1431
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:29 am

moneybagsphd wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:
moneybagsphd wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:
You mean you didn't get on the "Special" Preferred Waitlist either? Bummer.

How ridiculous is that statement.

"[your name has been placed] in a special group within our Preferred Waiting List."
Georgetown's the only T14 I've heard back from so far, and now I'm worried. Maybe because I submitted in December? Maybe because I didn't write a "Why Georgetown"?


You bastard you lied to me :lol:
EDIT: FWIW I got regular preferred and didn't write Why GTown.

Yeah, I didn't read the previous posts, so I wasn't aware of the distinction. Still pretty disheartening.

FWIW with your LSAT score it's probably a straight up YP. 8)


Idk, I feel like I'm having one of the worst splitter cycles on TLS. It all good though, I'm keeping my chin up :lol:

User avatar
brettashley

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby brettashley » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:41 am

Congrats to new admits! :)

I got the email yesterday that I was also placed in the "special group within our Preferred Waiting List." For anyone wondering, I sent in my app 12/20, and went complete 1/4.

Just sent the withdrawal email. Hope that helps someone get in off the waitlist!



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests