Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:44 pm

jrthor10 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:
jrthor10 wrote:Just generated login for the admitted student site, that means I'm in, right? But the user name and password they sent me don't work?

#1stworldproblems

But seriously, I am in, right?


Dude.

A)you're in.
B) I'm so damn pumped.



Why don't my user name and password work though?


Honestly, I have no idea what weird kink in their system makes this happen. But in about 4 days you'll be able to get in.

JDProspect
Posts: 100
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDProspect » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 pm

My status checker says "Application Completed" and last updated on 1/13. I haven't received any e-mails or correspondence. Advice?

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:03 pm

cogitoergosum wrote:
jumister5889 wrote:really? how bout you withdraw so some of us who aren't committed to NU can get into gulc? :D

I'm sorry, but this is one of the lamest things that I see on TLS...

Crumpets - you have worked hard on LSAT and undergrad, and probably spent hundreds, maybe thousands on apps. Don't withdraw anywhere until you're damn good and ready... If you want to wait it out and leverage scholarship offers at ten different schools, even schools that I'm waiting on a decision from, I think you've earned that right.

Sorry for jumping on you jumister - I perceive from the smiley that you aren't entirely serious about your request, but I've seen this a number of times, and I know I wouldn't appreciate it...

awwww thanks (: to explain my lack of withdrawal - I think my stats are relatively unique, and I know when I was trying to apply, the lack of info on Lsn ( other than 'ED UVA, GULC, or NU ) was really quite frightening. Im waiting out my cycle to provide information for future splitters with a 175+/2.X split. In addition, I would like to attend ASWs for any T14s I am accepted into so I have a clear idea of what my options are. I AM leaning veeeeeeeer heavily towards NU, but who knows what might happen? Maybe I will fall in love with DC.

with that said, I generated a username and password this morning! :D I applied in late October and did an alumni interview in December. For complete dates and etc etc you can find me @ http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/whimsical !!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:05 pm

Crumps in at gulc? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyeah.jpg. I will now commence trying to convince you that you really want gulc, not NU.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:13 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
cogitoergosum wrote:
jumister5889 wrote:really? how bout you withdraw so some of us who aren't committed to NU can get into gulc? :D

I'm sorry, but this is one of the lamest things that I see on TLS...

Crumpets - you have worked hard on LSAT and undergrad, and probably spent hundreds, maybe thousands on apps. Don't withdraw anywhere until you're damn good and ready... If you want to wait it out and leverage scholarship offers at ten different schools, even schools that I'm waiting on a decision from, I think you've earned that right.

Sorry for jumping on you jumister - I perceive from the smiley that you aren't entirely serious about your request, but I've seen this a number of times, and I know I wouldn't appreciate it...

awwww thanks (: to explain my lack of withdrawal - I think my stats are relatively unique, and I know when I was trying to apply, the lack of info on Lsn ( other than 'ED UVA, GULC, or NU ) was really quite frightening. Im waiting out my cycle to provide information for future splitters with a 175+/2.X split. In addition, I would like to attend ASWs for any T14s I am accepted into so I have a clear idea of what my options are. I AM leaning veeeeeeeer heavily towards NU, but who knows what might happen? Maybe I will fall in love with DC.

with that said, I generated a username and password this morning! :D I applied in late October and did an alumni interview in December. For complete dates and etc etc you can find me @ http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/whimsical !!

Yeah, take your time and decide what is best for you. Try to use it to get scholarship money. I hate it when people are like "withdraw, withdraw, withdraw!" because it's not like there is a one-to-one relationship. One person withdrawing at this point in the cycle doesn't have much impact, if any. Maybe in March or April, but not now.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:17 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:Crumps in at gulc? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyeah.jpg. I will now commence trying to convince you that you really want gulc, not NU.


impossible

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:18 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Crumps in at gulc? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyeah.jpg. I will now commence trying to convince you that you really want gulc, not NU.


impossible


Image

User avatar
jrthor10
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jrthor10 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:20 pm

Just an FYI for people who just recently applied. I went complete on 1/9 and generated asw info today. Pretty quick turnaround.

zurcaled11
Posts: 87
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby zurcaled11 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:08 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:
cactuarX3 wrote:
franklyscarlet wrote:Crumps in at gulc? Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwyeah.jpg. I will now commence trying to convince you that you really want gulc, not NU.


impossible


Image


I laughed. :D

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:24 pm

Finally received my acceptance letter in the mail! Really liked the nice note included.

jmets890
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jmets890 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:12 pm

Sorry to ask a question that i'm sure has been asked, but a friend of mine has had his application held for further review. It says in the email that no further information is needed, but do you guys think that he should send a LOCI?

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:18 pm

jmets890 wrote:Sorry to ask a question that i'm sure has been asked, but a friend of mine has had his application held for further review. It says in the email that no further information is needed, but do you guys think that he should send a LOCI?

Provided that he can write a good letter and has something new to say, I think he should send one.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

1/9 was my last update and just got my letter (and a holiday card that says "we look forward to welcoming you") in the mail today. Nice handwritten stuff from the Dean mentioning my interview and how he thinks I might fit well with Cur. B (Pols and Phil major, so it makes sense). Quite excited, despite being able to access the ASW for a few days.

AbLSAT
Posts: 46
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AbLSAT » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:06 am

When does goergetown start giving out merit based scholarships? Are you able to negotiate with them? Just received the acceptance letter today.

eschewinganonymity
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eschewinganonymity » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:13 am

eaper wrote:1/9 was my last update and just got my letter (and a holiday card that says "we look forward to welcoming you") in the mail today. Nice handwritten stuff from the Dean mentioning my interview and how he thinks I might fit well with Cur. B (Pols and Phil major, so it makes sense). Quite excited, despite being able to access the ASW for a few days.


I also got my letter today - definitely feels much better to have the acceptance letter in hand.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:22 am

AbLSAT wrote:When does goergetown start giving out merit based scholarships? Are you able to negotiate with them? Just received the acceptance letter today.


Judging by last year's LSN, early April or so (if a current student has a different story, I'd believe him, but that's what LSN was saying).

User avatar
commonpleas
Posts: 52
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby commonpleas » Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:06 am

Just updated to 1/18...submitted on 12/19, updates on 1/3 and 1/4. I thought it'd make me feel better to see some kind of movement, but pretty sure I'm just feeling overwhelming anxiety and impatience.

Anyone else update today? Or am I on a completely different track than everyone else...

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gthopeful » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:27 pm

alright so nervous ed applicant here...i applied on monday and got my status checker today...it says app received...does my three weeks for ed decision start when it says app recieved or does it go on app complete??

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:47 pm

gthopeful wrote:alright so nervous ed applicant here...i applied on monday and got my status checker today...it says app received...does my three weeks for ed decision start when it says app recieved or does it go on app complete??


It is three weeks from completion.

Good luck!!

gthopeful
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gthopeful » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:48 pm

luxxe wrote:
gthopeful wrote:alright so nervous ed applicant here...i applied on monday and got my status checker today...it says app received...does my three weeks for ed decision start when it says app recieved or does it go on app complete??


It is three weeks from completion.

Good luck!!


Alright so at least have a little bit longer before my compulsive anxiety sets in lol...thanks for the well wishes

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:59 pm

If I am ED/ Deferred, should i send a LOCI even i have nothing really new to add? Just that i am in fact still interested? Thanks

rosenbiems
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:36 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rosenbiems » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:04 pm

I submitted 12/1, went complete 12/9, but have had no change since! Wtf does this mean!?!

hooma
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hooma » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:05 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:If I am ED/ Deferred, should i send a LOCI even i have nothing really new to add? Just that i am in fact still interested? Thanks


For a different school where I was ED->WL, I sent a LOCI expressing that, even though I didn't have to anymore, I would still go there if admitted.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:16 pm

hooma wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:If I am ED/ Deferred, should i send a LOCI even i have nothing really new to add? Just that i am in fact still interested? Thanks


For a different school where I was ED->WL, I sent a LOCI expressing that, even though I didn't have to anymore, I would still go there if admitted.


I agree, and that is what I did for my ED WL at another school. Definitely remind them that you submitted binding ED.

wskbarrett
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:08 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wskbarrett » Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:19 pm

rosenbiems wrote:I submitted 12/1, went complete 12/9, but have had no change since! Wtf does this mean!?!


I feel ya biems...I'm in the exact same boat, and it's a dark boat

have you interviewed or been contacted for an interview?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”