Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ColtsFan88
Posts: 1432
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Sent in my LOCI just now via USPS. Hoping it can get me on the preferred waitlist :?

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nametaken » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm

tadlbb wrote:
nametaken wrote:
ValerOn1820 wrote:question to those recieved passwords after updates in status:
how much time passed from the moment status changed and the moment you could recieve password?


Status changed in the morning and if I can remember it was a few hours later (maybe around 4pm?) until we could generate usernames/passwords


Was this 4 pm ET? I just tried to get a password after updating this morning and have nothing.


Edited: I just looked back, the first person could get theirs around 5:45 PM ET. Also, this was after we all had received 3 status updates, 1/5 1/6 then 1/9 (and we got our usernames/passwords on 1/9) Good luck!!

lawschoolgal12
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschoolgal12 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:25 pm

Anyone else interview...but not have a status update before OR after the interview? My status hasn't changed since 12/1, but I interviewed about 2 weeks ago...and still nothing at all. Sent in my app in mid-November. Thoughts?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:59 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:Anyone else interview...but not have a status update before OR after the interview? My status hasn't changed since 12/1, but I interviewed about 2 weeks ago...and still nothing at all. Sent in my app in mid-November. Thoughts?


I didn't update until after I was accepted.

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby holden147 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 pm

Got an e-mail saying they are holding my application and deferring a decision for another couple of weeks. Wound up calling them and talking to the Assosciate Director of Admissions and she was really nice and understanding. Still have my fingers crossed!

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:54 pm

holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail saying they are holding my application and deferring a decision for another couple of weeks. Wound up calling them and talking to the Assosciate Director of Admissions and she was really nice and understanding. Still have my fingers crossed!


When was the last time your status checker updated?

User avatar
mithriliel
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mithriliel » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:42 pm

EMZE wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:Anyone else interview...but not have a status update before OR after the interview? My status hasn't changed since 12/1, but I interviewed about 2 weeks ago...and still nothing at all. Sent in my app in mid-November. Thoughts?


I didn't update until after I was accepted.

I haven't updated since 12/14, and received the interview request 12/20something and went for the interview 12/29, so I'm with you!

EMZE - about how long as it between your last update and when you were accepted/did you interview?

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:17 pm

mithriliel wrote:
EMZE wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:Anyone else interview...but not have a status update before OR after the interview? My status hasn't changed since 12/1, but I interviewed about 2 weeks ago...and still nothing at all. Sent in my app in mid-November. Thoughts?


I didn't update until after I was accepted.

I haven't updated since 12/14, and received the interview request 12/20something and went for the interview 12/29, so I'm with you!

EMZE - about how long as it between your last update and when you were accepted/did you interview?


2 weeks til I could generate the password for asw

mlperry6
Posts: 19
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:40 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mlperry6 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:21 pm

Sigh. I am trying so hard to be patient but I can't stop trying to plug in my username and password. Drop me some snail mail GULC!

User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby holden147 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 pm

Worker and Parasite wrote:
holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail saying they are holding my application and deferring a decision for another couple of weeks. Wound up calling them and talking to the Assosciate Director of Admissions and she was really nice and understanding. Still have my fingers crossed!


When was the last time your status checker updated?


12/16

AMD
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AMD » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:26 pm

To those who received the ASW user name and password:
I understand the wait has been about 4 days but what time of day were you able to officially log in?
My poor fingers are becoming arthritic checking so often.
I promise to not check again until tomorrow.
Thanks and good evening from Ohio.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:54 pm

12:00:01 am

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:19 am

EMZE wrote:12:00:01 am


EST? Image

AMD
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AMD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:39 am

21 minutes maybe? Tic tock, tic tock

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:01 am

It did not work.
Image

Edit: realized this is only the third day. Two waitlists in a row have driven me into this state. I will blame that.

AMD
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AMD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:04 am

I'll be back in 24 hours.
Good night!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:05 am

eaper wrote:It did not work.
Image

Edit: realized this is only the third day. Two waitlists in a row have driven me into this state. I will blame that.


I was like this when I got mine. Got in on Christmas eve. Best. Present. Ever.

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:06 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
eaper wrote:It did not work.
Image

Edit: realized this is only the third day. Two waitlists in a row have driven me into this state. I will blame that.


I was like this when I got mine. Got in on Christmas eve. Best. Present. Ever.


Haha that sounds like a great gift. I just hope I can get it together for another day T_T

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:52 am

holden147 wrote:
Worker and Parasite wrote:
holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail saying they are holding my application and deferring a decision for another couple of weeks. Wound up calling them and talking to the Assosciate Director of Admissions and she was really nice and understanding. Still have my fingers crossed!


When was the last time your status checker updated?


12/16


hahaha that's my date as well

oooooohhhh boooyyyy

wishyfishy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wishyfishy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 am

I've had two updates since I submitted on 11/28-->11/30-->12/9. Silence ever since. No interview, my numbers are at or above 75. Anyone in a similar situation? Or is it too early for me to be hearing back?

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:17 am

wishyfishy wrote:I've had two updates since I submitted on 11/28-->11/30-->12/9. Silence ever since. No interview, my numbers are at or above 75. Anyone in a similar situation? Or is it too early for me to be hearing back?

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/admissions/admitted/
Try clicking on "No Password?" and seeing if you can generate a login. If so, congratulations! You are in.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby colforbin » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:18 am

holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail saying they are holding my application and deferring a decision for another couple of weeks. Wound up calling them and talking to the Assosciate Director of Admissions and she was really nice and understanding. Still have my fingers crossed!


What all did admissions say about the deferral? Any real news, or did she just tell you to be patient?

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:28 am

How do the interviews work? Do they happen all over the country?

anonymous12345
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:27 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anonymous12345 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:33 pm

To those accepted after an interview (preferably alumni interview), how long after the interview did you hear about your acceptance? Via e-mail, snail mail, status checker? Did you have any status updates in between the interview and acceptance?

I completed my interview right before the holiday break, and haven't heard anything since (which I find odd, didn't people hear back within just days of their interview?). Had one status update earlier this week, but other than that, silence.

nautlius
Posts: 17
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:50 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nautlius » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:50 pm

after updating for the first time yesterday since 11/8, it has now updated today to 1.12




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], oliviaj_j, siyuanff, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests