Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:09 am

Samara wrote:
cerealdan wrote:I'm a huge Broncos fan, and as exciting as these last few games have been, I'm a bit dismayed that Tebow is succeeding in locking in the starting job for a couple of years. I just can't believe that he's actually a long term solution at QB.

Jesus is your QB now, man.

I believe his completion rate at one point in the game was 3/16. Just saying...

Also, I tried to request login credentials today and it said I wasn't in the ASW system so maybe the people who were emailed login info can be causiously happy. :| + :)

User avatar
DC_Sportsfan21
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue May 25, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby DC_Sportsfan21 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:40 am

been complete since 11/23 only one and nothing---ive seen very few other 11/23'ers anyone got a clue as to what's the deal

jane1989
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jane1989 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:16 am

Got in by post yesterday! 167/3.72 with an interview in early November. My last status update was 12/1, submitted 10/1

It had a really nice, personalized hand-written note on it. Way to go Georgetown!

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:45 am

I just tried to log in in the ASW! Am I in????? Please tell me I am in!!!!
On the first page there is this message:

Congratulations Early Admitted Students!

"Unagi", welcome to the Georgetown Law admitted students website. I'm delighted you chose to visit us today and hope you enjoy your trip. We plan to continually update the website, so please check back often. In addition to providing administrative procedures for enrolling, financial aid, etc., we feel like this site captures the texture and energy of our community.

Of course, I feel (being old school) that there is nothing quite like an in-person visit to really get a sense of a place, particularly Georgetown and Washington, D.C. (click on "Visiting" to setup your visit).

Again, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you in person and hopefully welcoming you to Georgetown next Fall.

Best,

Andy

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:47 am

Unagi wrote:I just tried to log in in the ASW! Am I in????? Please tell me I am in!!!!
On the first page there is this message:

Congratulations Early Admitted Students!

"Unagi", welcome to the Georgetown Law admitted students website. I'm delighted you chose to visit us today and hope you enjoy your trip. We plan to continually update the website, so please check back often. In addition to providing administrative procedures for enrolling, financial aid, etc., we feel like this site captures the texture and energy of our community.

Of course, I feel (being old school) that there is nothing quite like an in-person visit to really get a sense of a place, particularly Georgetown and Washington, D.C. (click on "Visiting" to setup your visit).

Again, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you in person and hopefully welcoming you to Georgetown next Fall.

Best,

Andy


Yes you are in! Otherwise Georgetown has a very sick sense of humor ;-)

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:00 am

msblaw89 wrote:
Unagi wrote:I just tried to log in in the ASW! Am I in????? Please tell me I am in!!!!
On the first page there is this message:

Congratulations Early Admitted Students!

"Unagi", welcome to the Georgetown Law admitted students website. I'm delighted you chose to visit us today and hope you enjoy your trip. We plan to continually update the website, so please check back often. In addition to providing administrative procedures for enrolling, financial aid, etc., we feel like this site captures the texture and energy of our community.

Of course, I feel (being old school) that there is nothing quite like an in-person visit to really get a sense of a place, particularly Georgetown and Washington, D.C. (click on "Visiting" to setup your visit).

Again, thanks for stopping by and I look forward to meeting you in person and hopefully welcoming you to Georgetown next Fall.

Best,

Andy


Yes you are in! Otherwise Georgetown has a very sick sense of humor ;-)


Thank you!!! I can't believeeeee! So happy right now!! :D :D :D

sinpo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sinpo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:21 am

I had an interview on 12/3(saturday) and the checker was updated 12/5 (monday), but I cannot access ASW (doesn't recognize my last name and email..)
Does this mean I'm waitlisted? (or rejected possibly?)

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:27 am

sinpo wrote:I had an interview on 12/3(saturday) and the checker was updated 12/5 (monday), but I cannot access ASW (doesn't recognize my last name and email..)
Does this mean I'm waitlisted? (or rejected possibly?)


They simply may not have made a decision on your app yet.

User avatar
seahawk32
Posts: 293
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:19 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seahawk32 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:28 am

4th update as of yesterday.

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:30 am

Man, this whole law school thing just became sickeningly real looking at the deadlines on ASW. The tuition deposits, financial aid apps, ect. Thought I applied and pow, law student

ucbkenn
Posts: 150
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ucbkenn » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:45 am

How can you even try to log in to the ASW without a decision yet?

sinpo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sinpo » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:51 am

ucbkenn wrote:How can you even try to log in to the ASW without a decision yet?


I was being neurotic and tried ASW because if you're admitted, you can log in to ASW even before you're notified of your decision

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 am

ucbkenn wrote:How can you even try to log in to the ASW without a decision yet?


You request a password on ASW - it isn't included in your admit info or anything. Since GULC mails decisions, that seems to be working before the letter is received.

colforbin
Posts: 114
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:09 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby colforbin » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:54 am

So there is no reason not to try the ASW, correct?

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:55 am

still complete at 12/9

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:36 pm

updated to 12/13!

lsatisevil
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:20 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lsatisevil » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Still sitting on "10/18 Complete"

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:12 pm

Updated to 12/13, submitted right before thanksgiving previous updates 11/28 and 12/1

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:25 pm

Again received user and pass from ASW, again informed that they were invalid. WTF, Georgetown?

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:32 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:Again received user and pass from ASW, again informed that they were invalid. WTF, Georgetown?


Yeah, it seems like the ASW is dividing us into 3 groups: those who can get in entirely, those who get the login credentials but can't log in, and those who can't even get the login credentials. So strange.

I'm in the second group btw. I'm hoping it means that we're accepted but it takes a couple of days from them to get everything processed.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:39 pm

I got in fine yesterday, FWIW. Received my acceptance letter a few weeks ago.

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:52 pm

scottybared wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:Again received user and pass from ASW, again informed that they were invalid. WTF, Georgetown?


Yeah, it seems like the ASW is dividing us into 3 groups: those who can get in entirely, those who get the login credentials but can't log in, and those who can't even get the login credentials. So strange.

I'm in the second group btw. I'm hoping it means that we're accepted but it takes a couple of days from them to get everything processed.


i'm in the third category. :(
just updated again yesterday after my interview over a week ago.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mike12188 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:05 pm

scottybared wrote:
ccmbr006 wrote:Again received user and pass from ASW, again informed that they were invalid. WTF, Georgetown?


Yeah, it seems like the ASW is dividing us into 3 groups: those who can get in entirely, those who get the login credentials but can't log in, and those who can't even get the login credentials. So strange.

I'm in the second group btw. I'm hoping it means that we're accepted but it takes a couple of days from them to get everything processed.


Last year I got my credentials, was able to log in and I got so excited, then the next morning it kept saying invalid, and wouldn't let me log back in so the next week it took for my letter to arrive was the most agonizing week ever. If it generated you a username and password, Congratulations you're in. This happened last year and there wasn't anybody that posted that it was a mistake. If it doesn't generate anything for you, they haven't admitted you yet. I tried a couple times before it finally emailed me the credentials.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lurkster » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:13 pm

Oh man, another complete update. Now at 12/5, 12/12, 12/13

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crumpetsandtea » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:20 pm

OMG, alumni interviewer, WHY WON'T YOU EMAIL ME???????????????????????????????????? :cry:




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, aaron1621, anrf1225, BrainsyK, canafsa, Long shot hero, Torres1893, xn3345, zeglo and 17 guests