Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
holden147
Posts: 150
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby holden147 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 am

Got an e-mail from Georgetown a couple of days ago about an interview, I of course said yes. Has anyone gone through the process? What was it like?

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 am

Strange wrote:In!!!!!!!! I caaaaame up!!!!

I'm in California, was in the mail when I got home. 11/7, 11/16, 11/21 were my complete dates. Submitted 11/3


Congratulations!!! :D

User avatar
eaper
Posts: 663
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby eaper » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:13 am

emcoast32 wrote:
eaper wrote:I submitted my application on 11/18 and still haven't received a confirmation email back, yet. :( I'm hoping it's just because of Thanksgiving, though=\


while it does seem like they closed up shop last week, i think i had a confirmation back within a day or two. if you submitted through lsac, you might want to first check to see that your report was sent, then email or call the school.


Hmm thanks. I went ahead and sent them an email about it and got an automated response back... Hopefully I'll get some info soon.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:01 am

holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail from Georgetown a couple of days ago about an interview, I of course said yes. Has anyone gone through the process? What was it like?


more like an informal chat than an interview.. if u want more on it, read the last 30 pages of this forum

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:03 pm

eaper wrote:I submitted my application on 11/18 and still haven't received a confirmation email back, yet. :( I'm hoping it's just because of Thanksgiving, though=\


same here

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Strange wrote:In!!!!!!!! I caaaaame up!!!!

I'm in California, was in the mail when I got home. 11/7, 11/16, 11/21 were my complete dates. Submitted 11/3

Congrats! Also in Cali. Hopefully today is my day! I have posted this a bajillion times but in case you have a memory like me and can't keep track of people on TLS... my last update was also 11/21 8)

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

so_fetch wrote:
Strange wrote:In!!!!!!!! I caaaaame up!!!!

I'm in California, was in the mail when I got home. 11/7, 11/16, 11/21 were my complete dates. Submitted 11/3

Congrats! Also in Cali. Hopefully today is my day! I have posted this a bajillion times but in case you have a memory like me and can't keep track of people on TLS... my last update was also 11/21 8)


I'm sure you'll get it today :) Someone got it in Portland yesterday too, so the West Coast should have it by the end of the week.

Did anyone get a very personalized note? All mine said was "congrats and see you next fall" I was hoping for something more personalized :(

PDXNative
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby PDXNative » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm in Portland (if you couldn't tell from my user name...) and got mine yesterday too. My note wasn't terribly personal--he referenced my undergrad institution by name, but that was about it. GULC has a big class though..lots of letters to sign.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:12 pm

lgleye wrote:
Killingly wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I really wish GULC would at least let you know when/if a decision has been mailed. Its possible that letters can get lost in translation, especially if you live in an apt complex and share a mailbox with multiple roommates


My mom notified me that neighbors have been stealing our mail.



Not only that, but I heard that, in some cases, once they steal our accepance letters, they sell them to people who attend GULC under our stolen identities...... then, after graduation, they change back to o their original names (along with the GULC diploma).,


Um. My parents just moved and it's actually becoming a huge problem for them, more of an annoyance for me.

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lurkster » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:20 pm

holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail from Georgetown a couple of days ago about an interview, I of course said yes. Has anyone gone through the process? What was it like?


I was interviewed for the 09-10 cycle, it went really well. Fairly casual, although he did ask me some tough questions. I was told that I would be recommended for admission, and then I got preferred WL (and never made it off).

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm back for yet another cycle this year. ED this time, so I'm all in.

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:22 pm

Lurkster wrote:
holden147 wrote:Got an e-mail from Georgetown a couple of days ago about an interview, I of course said yes. Has anyone gone through the process? What was it like?


I was interviewed for the 09-10 cycle, it went really well. Fairly casual, although he did ask me some tough questions. I was told that I would be recommended for admission, and then I got preferred WL (and never made it off).

I'm a glutton for punishment, so I'm back for yet another cycle this year. ED this time, so I'm all in.

Is this your third cycle? :shock:

User avatar
Lurkster
Posts: 190
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:00 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lurkster » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Samara wrote:Is this your third cycle? :shock:


Sadly, yes.

lawhopeful2012
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawhopeful2012 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 pm

just to cure your status check addictions, i was admitted over a month ago now, and my checker still says application completed

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:28 pm

According to LSN, another 11/21er just got a letter. No idea where they are from, though.

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby euskadi » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Killingly wrote:According to LSN, another 11/21er just got a letter. No idea where they are from, though.


This was probably me (LSN username is different than the one I have for TLS). I had complete dates of 11/7, 11/16, and 11/21; I live right in between DC and California.

Happy to have another acceptance! Wishing the best for all those still waiting.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:00 pm

Strange wrote:
I'm sure you'll get it today :) Someone got it in Portland yesterday too, so the West Coast should have it by the end of the week.


Thanks.. I am in a very major city so I will be stumped if it doesn't come today :roll:

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JPudding » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:01 pm

11/21'er here and nothing in the mail today :cry: . Although with my numbers, I was a likely ding anyway

scholar678
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:25 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scholar678 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Strange wrote:
so_fetch wrote:
Strange wrote:In!!!!!!!! I caaaaame up!!!!

I'm in California, was in the mail when I got home. 11/7, 11/16, 11/21 were my complete dates. Submitted 11/3

Congrats! Also in Cali. Hopefully today is my day! I have posted this a bajillion times but in case you have a memory like me and can't keep track of people on TLS... my last update was also 11/21 8)


I'm sure you'll get it today :) Someone got it in Portland yesterday too, so the West Coast should have it by the end of the week.

Did anyone get a very personalized note? All mine said was "congrats and see you next fall" I was hoping for something more personalized :(


Mine very briefly mentioned a few parts of my personal statement and how I should consider taking their curriculum B because of it.

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:22 pm

skype interview this weekend! i hope skype and my internet behaves...

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:26 pm

so_fetch wrote:
Strange wrote:
I'm sure you'll get it today :) Someone got it in Portland yesterday too, so the West Coast should have it by the end of the week.


Thanks.. I am in a very major city so I will be stumped if it doesn't come today :roll:


Today MUST be your day!

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby theduffman » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:52 pm

Can someone explain the multiple completions thing to me? Maybe this is a noob question, but I don't understand why, for example, I've been "under review" at Harvard for a week, and just got anemail that my application is complete

jasonxu89
Posts: 70
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jasonxu89 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:00 pm

My status just updated to 12/1! Anybody else? My complete dates are 11/16, 11/22, 12/01. submitted around 11/13. Should I expect a decision soon with 3 complete?

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:00 pm

theduffman wrote:Can someone explain the multiple completions thing to me? Maybe this is a noob question, but I don't understand why, for example, I've been "under review" at Harvard for a week, and just got anemail that my application is complete

From my perspective, and I could be wrong, each school seems to do it differently and has different terminology. At Harvard they do UR first and then Complete. So obviously they consider "complete" to mean something different than a school such as Penn that would consider "complete" to mean that they have all your materials and you are ready for review. Try not to put a lot of stock in what the school's actual terminology is; just see when other people have heard back and look at their status checker (and/or email) pattern, and go off of that.

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:02 pm

theduffman wrote:Can someone explain the multiple completions thing to me? Maybe this is a noob question, but I don't understand why, for example, I've been "under review" at Harvard for a week, and just got anemail that my application is complete


I think that for GULC it means that your application is moving through different points in the review process.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:05 pm

jasonxu89 wrote:My status just updated to 12/1! Anybody else? My complete dates are 11/16, 11/22, 12/01. submitted around 11/13. Should I expect a decision soon with 3 complete?

some people have had 4 completes and not heard anything. some had 3 complete + acceptance by letter. some had 3 complete + interview invite by email. I think some had 3 complete + rejection or waitlist (right?)(& these were via email). So basically yes you may hear something soon, but we do not know what "soon" means and are not sure what you will hear :)




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, AJ1010, caitlinrw, cathy95, eastring, mav1993, myronbolitar, nathjf, potterotter, sonyco, tinafeyclone and 18 guests