Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Tim0thy222

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tim0thy222 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:11 pm

lgleye wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote:Hoping someone can help me decipher this. I don't know what the consensus is about the meaning of updates.

complete 10/31 (approximately), 11/16 w/ interview request, 11/23 (day after interview), 11/30.

packet in the mail maybe?

also, does anyone know about how long it would take a packet to get from gtown and the west coast?

3-5 days..........the delay is in D.C., not the west coast........ so, I figure that, your 11/23 incorporated your interviewer's report, and now, followed by today's decision noted as 11/30. Assuming de3cision made, then, if your're brave enough, check your status checker....... if it doesn't say your WL, then YOUR ARE IN !!!!
sO, DECISION MADE 11/30, PUT IN THE MAIL 12/1, ADD 3 DAYS AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT ACCEPTANCE NEXT tUESDAY.

Since I'm awaiting my next update (after interviewer update), can you PM once you get your acceptance?? Thanks.

So you think that, if they did in fact make a decision today, that I'm accepted if it doesn't say waitlisted? I looked at my status checker, and it doesn't say waitlisted, it says "Application Completed" still. GOD I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! After my interview, I am really excited about Georgetown,

ETA: And yes, I'll be sure to PM you when I get a decision (hopefully acceptance).

lgleye

Postby lgleye » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:21 pm

Tim0thy222 wrote:
lgleye wrote:
Tim0thy222 wrote:Hoping someone can help me decipher this. I don't know what the consensus is about the meaning of updates.

complete 10/31 (approximately), 11/16 w/ interview request, 11/23 (day after interview), 11/30.

packet in the mail maybe?

also, does anyone know about how long it would take a packet to get from gtown and the west coast?

3-5 days..........the delay is in D.C., not the west coast........ so, I figure that, your 11/23 incorporated your interviewer's report, and now, followed by today's decision noted as 11/30. Assuming de3cision made, then, if your're brave enough, check your status checker....... if it doesn't say your WL, then YOUR ARE IN !!!!
sO, DECISION MADE 11/30, PUT IN THE MAIL 12/1, ADD 3 DAYS AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT ACCEPTANCE NEXT tUESDAY.

Since I'm awaiting my next update (after interviewer update), can you PM once you get your acceptance?? Thanks.

So you think that, if they did in fact make a decision today, that I'm accepted if it doesn't say waitlisted? I looked at my status checker, and it doesn't say waitlisted, it says "Application Completed" still. GOD I HOPE YOU ARE RIGHT! After my interview, I am really excited about Georgetown,

ETA: And yes, I'll be sure to PM you when I get a decision (hopefully acceptance).

start chilling the champagne................hope I join you in a week or so...... I'm in NYC.

butchcassidy

Postby butchcassidy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:28 pm

I'm a little confused now that I've had time to think about my interview. Originally I had thought the interview was a way for them to distinguish between on the fence candidates. However, based on the informality of my interview today and my interviewers comments, it seems like it doesn't really mean diddly. I mean, he asked me very few specific questions and we kinda just had a casual conversation. At first I was really pleased with how it went, but now I'm thinking that for a candidate like me it's them trying to decide if they're gonna waitlist me or just straight up ding me.

CaliforniaGurl

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:33 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before, but did anyone else get an email about an interview 2 days ago? If so, have any of you heard back from the office OR your interviewer? I emailed the woman from the office (Lindsey Lankford) back but haven't received any notice either from her or from a potential interviewer in my area.

I understand what the interview means (that I'm borderline and they need more info to decide), I'm just wondering if I should be worried that I haven't heard back or if I'm just being neurotic.

yes and my interviewer contacted me this morning to set it up. seems like a cool guy. i'm very excited.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Adding to this, I didn't get any sort of confirmation from the admissions office once I agreed to the interview, and my interviewer didn't contact me until several weeks after.

Aqualung

Postby Aqualung » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm in!

Received snail mail today. My status checker has said complete since 11/21. I applied 11/4 RD.

The letter came in a small envelope with very little information. Good luck to all.

crumpetsandtea

Postby crumpetsandtea » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Nobody wrote:Adding to this, I didn't get any sort of confirmation from the admissions office once I agreed to the interview, and my interviewer didn't contact me until several weeks after.

Frustrating! I'd like to do the interview before Christmas so my decision will come faster!! What do you think is an acceptable length of time to wait before sending a follow up email? I'm just nervous because I've had terrible experiences with scheduling my Vandy alumni interview (he cancelled literally 10 minutes before the appointment, waited 3 weeks to email me back after that, and then hasn't replied to my email since then. I've been trying to schedule this for almost 2 months now!!! :evil: ).

benito

Postby benito » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:47 pm

butchcassidy wrote:I'm a little confused now that I've had time to think about my interview. Originally I had thought the interview was a way for them to distinguish between on the fence candidates. However, based on the informality of my interview today and my interviewers comments, it seems like it doesn't really mean diddly. I mean, he asked me very few specific questions and we kinda just had a casual conversation. At first I was really pleased with how it went, but now I'm thinking that for a candidate like me it's them trying to decide if they're gonna waitlist me or just straight up ding me.

What would make you draw that conclusion? Isn't it just as likely that they are highly interested and just wanted to make sure you weren't completely socially deficient or otherwise undesirable in a way that doesn't reveal itself through written applications? I mean they already have all the hard information.

butchcassidy

Postby butchcassidy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:51 pm

benito wrote:
butchcassidy wrote:I'm a little confused now that I've had time to think about my interview. Originally I had thought the interview was a way for them to distinguish between on the fence candidates. However, based on the informality of my interview today and my interviewers comments, it seems like it doesn't really mean diddly. I mean, he asked me very few specific questions and we kinda just had a casual conversation. At first I was really pleased with how it went, but now I'm thinking that for a candidate like me it's them trying to decide if they're gonna waitlist me or just straight up ding me.

What would make you draw that conclusion? Isn't it just as likely that they are highly interested and just wanted to make sure you weren't completely socially deficient or otherwise undesirable in a way that doesn't reveal itself through written applications? I mean they already have all the hard information.

my numbers just seem a bit low for them to let me in without going to WL first. i really hope you're right, a g'town acceptance would make my year. (and i always appreciate an optimist!) :mrgreen:

jetissent

Postby jetissent » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

In via snail mail today! :)

Sent 11/2
Last last complete 11/28
No interview.

top30man

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:54 pm

benito wrote:

I think this is more it. My interviewer said that they send a report to Gulc describing the candidate and that was it.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:
Nobody wrote:Adding to this, I didn't get any sort of confirmation from the admissions office once I agreed to the interview, and my interviewer didn't contact me until several weeks after.

Frustrating! I'd like to do the interview before Christmas so my decision will come faster!! What do you think is an acceptable length of time to wait before sending a follow up email? I'm just nervous because I've had terrible experiences with scheduling my Vandy alumni interview (he cancelled literally 10 minutes before the appointment, waited 3 weeks to email me back after that, and then hasn't replied to my email since then. I've been trying to schedule this for almost 2 months now!!! :evil: ).

I think mine came late in the third week. Honestly, I think the better path in this sort of thing is to give them as much time as possible so you're not that kid who won't stop bugging the admissions office.

TheRedMamba

Postby TheRedMamba » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:07 pm

jetissent wrote:In via snail mail today! :)

Sent 11/2
Last last complete 11/28
No interview.

where are you located geographically? I am an 11/28'er also, close to the same submit date but im on the west coast

Campagnolo

Postby Campagnolo » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 pm

If you think about it, the interviewer is probably an extremely busy lawyer who took time out of their schedule to talk to a potential admit. They are volunteers. I highly doubt they want to grill young kids for sport. More likely, they just want to take a quick break from their daily grind, feel like they are giving back to the school, and have a nice chat.

I wouldn't be worried!

lrslayer

Postby lrslayer » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:27 pm

anybody ever wonder if the interviews are not so much for the admissions as it is for making alumnus (school donors as well as job dispensaries) feel as if they are part of the recruiting and admissions process, ergo feeling more attached and compelled to continue supporting the school through donations and connections for graduating students? just a little conspiracy theory based on the unending reports of useless interviews.

eta: kind of scooped by Campagnolo.

Killingly

Postby Killingly » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:37 pm

TheRedMamba wrote:

Sent 11/2
Last last complete 11/28
No interview.

where are you located geographically? I am an 11/28'er also, close to the same submit date but im on the west coast

WHAT? Please tell us where you live. Nothing came for me and I'm on the east coast.............

thestillpoint

Postby thestillpoint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:40 pm

In via mail today! :)

Sent 11/1
Last date complete 11/21
No interview.

+1
Loved the personalized note at the end

so_fetch

Postby so_fetch » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:53 pm

thestillpoint wrote:In via mail today! :)

Sent 11/1
Last date complete 11/21
No interview.

+1
Loved the personalized note at the end

congrats! Where do you live? (please say west coast)

ososmooth

Postby ososmooth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:55 pm

Last edited by ososmooth on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:02 pm

ososmooth wrote:I updated 11/28 as well... I know they mailed me a decision so I'm just hoping its good news since I've noticed that rejections are emails and acceptances are letters.... Congrats to everyone excepted thus far. This will be great news for me since it is a reach =).

How do you know they mailed a decison?

Strange

Postby Strange » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Lol, has anyone tried the trick of calling them and saying you want to change your address, to see if they mailed you something? :D

msblaw89

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 pm

Killingly wrote:
TheRedMamba wrote:

Sent 11/2
Last last complete 11/28
No interview.

WHAT? Please tell us where you live. Nothing came for me and I'm on the east coast.............

YES YES YES YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

ososmooth

Postby ososmooth » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:17 pm

Last edited by ososmooth on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody

Postby Nobody » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:35 pm

lrslayer wrote:

anybody ever wonder if the interviews are not so much for the admissions as it is for making alumnus (school donors as well as job dispensaries) feel as if they are part of the recruiting and admissions process, ergo feeling more attached and compelled to continue supporting the school through donations and connections for graduating students? just a little conspiracy theory based on the unending reports of useless interviews.

eta: kind of scooped by Campagnolo.

And also to get us interested in the school. I am way more excited about Georgetown and Northwestern after talking to alumni. They made the schools more real in my mind.

thestillpoint

Postby thestillpoint » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:39 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Killingly wrote:
TheRedMamba wrote:

Sent 11/2
Last last complete 11/28
No interview.

YES YES YES YES PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'm in NYC, but I also looked up the delivery time from DC to NYC and it was 2 - 7 days. So I'm sure a lot of other East Coast deliveries will come tomorrow and Friday as well. My last complete was 11/21 though, but letter mailed 11/28-- maybe they are combining the two groups?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”