Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:14 pm

I just updated to 11/28 from 11/23. Application still friggin Complete. Above/at both 75ths. Applied early Nov. Mail hasn't come yet but I'm not expecting anything anyway.

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:15 pm

so_fetch wrote:Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.



no mail. :( and i'm close enough to have received anything that went out by friday.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:20 pm

so_fetch wrote:Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.


I'm on the Best Coast. I checked, but the mail man hasn't come by yet. I want to track him down, boost the truck and find that letter myself!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:23 pm

Yaay Mail Checkers! Thanks... keeeep it comin'

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:24 pm

so_fetch wrote:Yaay Mail Checkers! Thanks... keeeep it comin'


You scared me by being all "yay" and excited. Thought someone had some acceptances to report.

User avatar
sasuke
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sasuke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Campagnolo wrote:
so_fetch wrote:Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.


I'm on the Best Coast. I checked, but the mail man hasn't come by yet. I want to track him down, boost the truck and find that letter myself!

Outed himself as a cholo :D

jeharri4
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jeharri4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:30 pm

no mail yet, although sometimes the mail comes by later. I'm in the Southeast, so if something would had been sent out Friday, I should've received it today. I'm still at 11/21 though...no new update.

My revised theory is that the admissions office took the Friday holiday too. That perhaps means that all the letters went out today...including people who got a 4th or 5th update with today's date. We may all yet receive letters the end of this week. I can only hope.

User avatar
Cookie2
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Cookie2 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 pm

My status hasn't updated since I first went complete on10/31. Should I start to get worried??

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

sasuke wrote:
Campagnolo wrote:
so_fetch wrote:Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.


I'm on the Best Coast. I checked, but the mail man hasn't come by yet. I want to track him down, boost the truck and find that letter myself!

Outed himself as a cholo :D


Just looking for a URM boost.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

no mail for me... :|

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

IamIn wrote:no mail for me... :|


Worst news ever.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:41 pm

that's a huge disappointment... I was in a bug rush to get home today...

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:42 pm

IamIn wrote:that's a huge disappointment... I was in a bug rush to get home today...


You should walk to GULC, and be like "got any mail for me?" Maybe they'd be happy to save the postage.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Killingly wrote:
IamIn wrote:that's a huge disappointment... I was in a bug rush to get home today...


You should walk to GULC, and be like "got any mail for me?" Maybe they'd be happy to save the postage.


Maybe :) just need to bring a photo ID :)

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:45 pm

IamIn wrote:
Killingly wrote:
IamIn wrote:that's a huge disappointment... I was in a bug rush to get home today...


You should walk to GULC, and be like "got any mail for me?" Maybe they'd be happy to save the postage.


Maybe :) just need to bring a photo ID :)


Do it.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:49 pm

I will wait until tomorrow.. :)

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Still at 11/21. Haven't checked the mail yet, but I'm pretty sure I'll be disappointed.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm

No mail today for us 11/21ers?

Mr. Carter
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Carter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:01 pm

If GULC promises to respond to ED apps within 3 weeks, how come there are no WL/Rejections on LSN yet? There must be some ED apps that went complete in October or Early November, that will end up as WL/Rejection. Are they making these people wait more than the promised 3 weeks just to reject them? That seems cruel.

Thoughts?

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Samara » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:02 pm

Mr. Carter wrote:If GULC promises to respond to ED apps within 3 weeks, how come there are no WL/Rejections on LSN yet? There must be some ED apps that went complete in October or Early November, that will end up as WL/Rejection. Are they making these people wait more than the promised 3 weeks just to reject them? That seems cruel.

Thoughts?

It's likely that most or all of the ED applicants are getting held for regular decision rather than outright WL/rejected.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Mr. Carter wrote:If GULC promises to respond to ED apps within 3 weeks, how come there are no WL/Rejections on LSN yet? There must be some ED apps that went complete in October or Early November, that will end up as WL/Rejection. Are they making these people wait more than the promised 3 weeks just to reject them? That seems cruel.

Thoughts?


maybe they just defer them to RD...

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:04 pm

They may have deferred them to RD IamIn.

Also, got a date of 11/22 complete here, updated from 11/21 and my original was when they got it (I think) which was around the 13th or 16th. No one else seems to have this date here lol, haven't updated today either.

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby paul34 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:06 pm

.
Last edited by paul34 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:13 pm

paul34 wrote:Just took a "tour" around Georgetown using Google Street View. I think I might be in love.


The neighborhood Georgetown or the neighborhood GULC is in? Georgetown is awesome, however, GULC is across the city & surrounded by huge grey federal buildings & absolutely nothing else (I STILL LOVE YOU, THOUGH, GULC).

Still at 11/21 & nothing in the mail today :evil: :evil:.
Last edited by luxxe on Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

hyakku wrote:They may have deferred them to RD IamIn.

Also, got a date of 11/22 complete here, updated from 11/21 and my original was when they got it (I think) which was around the 13th or 16th. No one else seems to have this date here lol, haven't updated today either.



I have these dates as well, also no update today.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cfitz, hellohalo, Houzy, Rio123, shotgunheist and 12 guests