Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:45 pm

Mind telling us your last status update?

baconpuffs wrote:Got back to my apartment after Thanksgiving holiday and found a GLUC acceptance in my mailbox!

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 pm

quaker10 wrote:Mind telling us your last status update?

baconpuffs wrote:Got back to my apartment after Thanksgiving holiday and found a GLUC acceptance in my mailbox!

11/16. Status checker is still just Application Complete.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:49 pm

baconpuffs wrote:Got back to my apartment after Thanksgiving holiday and found a GLUC acceptance in my mailbox!


I want one!

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tadlbb » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:51 pm

What region of the country are you in? If you don't mind.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:53 pm

tadlbb wrote:What region of the country are you in? If you don't mind.

Check your PMs.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:03 pm

NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?

fishywishy
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:34 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fishywishy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

I just updated again too... not sure if this was my 4th update because I hadn't been paying attention to the dates on the status checker, but I applied early November and have been at "Application Complete" for a while.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:09 pm

So did I, although I think this is the 5th time for me (an interview was thrown in there). This is awful, GULC is playing with my head.

Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:23 pm

quaker10 wrote:So did I, although I think this is the 5th time for me (an interview was thrown in there). This is awful, GULC is playing with my head.

Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?


If a letter was sent 11/21, I guess I'm not getting one.

User avatar
crooked
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crooked » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm

I don't know how many completion dates I've had, but I haven't moved since 11/2 and I had an interview recently.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:27 pm

My status updated on 11/18, 11/23, and then again today. What is going on? I'm dying.

Killingly wrote:
quaker10 wrote:So did I, although I think this is the 5th time for me (an interview was thrown in there). This is awful, GULC is playing with my head.

Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?


If a letter was sent 11/21, I guess I'm not getting one.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?


@ the time of this post, I checked my status checker and it still was at 11/21. I then tried to re-check it and got locked out for using the wrong password :oops: gonna check again in a little while when I am allowed back in.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:30 pm

so_fetch wrote:
Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?


@ the time of this post, I checked my status checker and it still was at 11/21. I then tried to re-check it and got locked out for using the wrong password :oops: gonna check again in a little while when I am allowed back in.


They lock you out for that? Rough.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:33 pm

Killingly wrote:
so_fetch wrote:
Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?


@ the time of this post, I checked my status checker and it still was at 11/21. I then tried to re-check it and got locked out for using the wrong password :oops: gonna check again in a little while when I am allowed back in.


They lock you out for that? Rough.


i know right? quite the security measure. I probably deserved it... I like SWORE I was typing in the right password so i kept at it longer than I should have.

hobojarpen
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hobojarpen » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:34 pm

I'm having my interview tomorrow at a Starbucks. Interviewer said casual dress is okay and I'll follow his lead on whether the drink is on the house or not. He seems to have emphasized it's more a conversation than an interview, but I'll let you all know how my interview goes.

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tadlbb » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:36 pm

For what its worth, I'm still at 11/21 as of 45 seconds ago.

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

lawschoolhopeful!!! wrote:
EMZE wrote:For everyone freaking out that submitted 3 weeks ago because they haven't heard anything yet, I would offer that it is still too early to assume you are rejected. I was in your shoes last week, submitted 10/28, complete 10/31, with no movement on the checker since 10/31. NONE. I just got a request for an interview at 0900 MT via email. Granted, this doesn't mean that I am NOT going to get dinged, but that (I would assume) I haven't been yet. I sat and watched everyone with a 2 week turnaround from submit to accept. It really just seems that they are working through those with better numbers first, since mine have me at pretty much an auto ding.

So, don't lose hope just yet. I may not end up being a good news story, but at least a sign that there isn't a strict order or rules for interpretation for this. Not that that should be a surprise.


Oh really, that's encouraging to hear. Are you an ED applicant (I am)?


Not ED. Stats well below medians. Non-URM.

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

tadlbb wrote:For what its worth, I'm still at 11/21 as of 45 seconds ago.


+1

User avatar
sasuke
Posts: 65
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sasuke » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:38 pm

EMZE wrote:
lawschoolhopeful!!! wrote:
EMZE wrote:For everyone freaking out that submitted 3 weeks ago because they haven't heard anything yet, I would offer that it is still too early to assume you are rejected. I was in your shoes last week, submitted 10/28, complete 10/31, with no movement on the checker since 10/31. NONE. I just got a request for an interview at 0900 MT via email. Granted, this doesn't mean that I am NOT going to get dinged, but that (I would assume) I haven't been yet. I sat and watched everyone with a 2 week turnaround from submit to accept. It really just seems that they are working through those with better numbers first, since mine have me at pretty much an auto ding.

So, don't lose hope just yet. I may not end up being a good news story, but at least a sign that there isn't a strict order or rules for interpretation for this. Not that that should be a surprise.


Oh really, that's encouraging to hear. Are you an ED applicant (I am)?


Not ED. Stats well below medians. Non-URM.

And a vet. That counts for something.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?

I had 4. Didn't get an update today...

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:41 pm

Nelson wrote:
scottybared wrote:
crabcakes wrote:someone posted the admit/ding/wl stats for those who were offered an interview a few pages back, i think.


Link? I'm on a smartphone and am having trouble finding it myself.


It was 40% accepted/40% "priority waitlist"/20% regular waitlist/ding. They came from an older Georgetown thread here, so who knows how accurate they are.


40% accepted is significantly better than their 25% acceptance rate (based off the TLS writeup indicating ~10,500 applicants and ~2,500 offers). I would take an interview offer as a better sign.

And, being a vet certainly helps, and would explain why they would want to see if admitting me would be worth the hit to their medians.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:42 pm

IamIn wrote:
Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?

I had 4. Didn't get an update today...


Check your mail! I know you're getting in.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:51 pm

Killingly wrote:
IamIn wrote:
Killingly wrote:NOOO. I just updated for the 4th time! Anyone else? Who else had four completion dates?

I had 4. Didn't get an update today...


Check your mail! I know you're getting in.

Honestly, I am afraid to check my status update and see the 5th update- I know it can change any minute.. I will be home in 40 minutes.. Thank you for your optimism!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:53 pm

Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:59 pm

so_fetch wrote:Ok I got back into my status checker... and the date is still 11/21

Jeez someone on the east coast check your mail already?? Its like 3pm didn't someone's mail come by now? Bonus points if you are on the west coast and check your mail and report back

Killingly I have no clue why your date changed and the point is... no one does! Don't assume the worst. It could be a really good reason like a huge scholarship. Or something random like someone at the admissions office accidentally clicked on your application today.


Thanks, I appreciate it. I'm on the the East Coast, but there's no one home to check my mail for another hour and a half.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”