Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:55 am

Mac&Cheese89 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:^^ write a letter of continued interest. Also, did the news come through the mail or e-mail?


Email. Snail mail might be coming (I received the news on Tuesday through email) but since I'm abroad that kind of communication usually takes a while.

Well def send a LOCI, maybe another LOR, and an updated transcript at the end of the year if your GPA increased at all

Mac&Cheese89
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mac&Cheese89 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:05 am

msblaw89 wrote:
Mac&Cheese89 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:^^ write a letter of continued interest. Also, did the news come through the mail or e-mail?


Email. Snail mail might be coming (I received the news on Tuesday through email) but since I'm abroad that kind of communication usually takes a while.

Well def send a LOCI, maybe another LOR, and an updated transcript at the end of the year if your GPA increased at all



Alright. Thanks a lot for the advice. After I received the email, I looked over it several times trying to figure out whether it was a prelude to me being rejected or a sign that I could be looking at a possible acceptance (from what I've gathered, only a small number of people have been deferred). I've been accepted into my back-up schools, but Cornell and Georgetown are the two schools which I was really hoping to get into. As I said, though, among those two, Georgetown is, by far, my preference.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:59 pm

yeah, I certainly dont know as this is my first admissions cycle, but it is my impression that you are not sunk yet. Definitely send a LOCI and with the drop in applicants we may see more movement after the initial decisions this cycle than in the past. Best of luck to you!

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lgleye » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:17 pm

citygirl000 wrote:I have a group interview coming up and was wondering if anyone has any tips except for "Why Law" & "Why Georgetown" - did anyone think a group interview was more stressful than a regular interview? (have never had one before)


what exactly is a group interview? Does that mean several applicants meeting with the interviewer? How does he/she do an evaluation? A group evaluation?

Sounds like either a mass reject, or a mass acceptance................

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lgleye » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:57 pm

Hi to all GULC applicants with interviews...............

What's the lag time between the interview date and the decision date?

Pls provide your stats so that we can general a yardstick estimate. Thanks. all.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Today's the day. My final (3rd) status update was 11/21, and I got nothing but TTT spam in the mail on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the mail arrives later in the day after a holiday, but I'm counting down the hours until I have my first acceptance. Let's do this, G-town!

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:02 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Today's the day. My final (3rd) status update was 11/21, and I got nothing but TTT spam in the mail on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the mail arrives later in the day after a holiday, but I'm counting down the hours until I have my first acceptance. Let's do this, G-town!


I am hoping to get it today, too.. Very nervous...

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:03 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Today's the day. My final (3rd) status update was 11/21, and I got nothing but TTT spam in the mail on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the mail arrives later in the day after a holiday, but I'm counting down the hours until I have my first acceptance. Let's do this, G-town!


I misread and thought you'd said you got the acceptance! Please post if something does come in the mail, because I've got 5 hours before I can check mine (and even then it'll just be my brother calling me). Gah!

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:23 pm

IamIn wrote:
anewaphorist wrote:Today's the day. My final (3rd) status update was 11/21, and I got nothing but TTT spam in the mail on Wednesday. Unfortunately, the mail arrives later in the day after a holiday, but I'm counting down the hours until I have my first acceptance. Let's do this, G-town!


I am hoping to get it today, too.. Very nervous...


Same here! I live on the west coast, so... will check asap when I get home tonight but it could be a few more days for me? If my fellow 11/21 updated people get something today I will definitely be anxious

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Updated 11/21 as well. I live in the Southeast so hopefully it will happen todayyy.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:45 pm

lgleye wrote:
citygirl000 wrote:I have a group interview coming up and was wondering if anyone has any tips except for "Why Law" & "Why Georgetown" - did anyone think a group interview was more stressful than a regular interview? (have never had one before)


what exactly is a group interview? Does that mean several applicants meeting with the interviewer? How does he/she do an evaluation? A group evaluation?

Sounds like either a mass reject, or a mass acceptance................


I can't speak to law school group interviews as I've never had one, but in general a group interview is designed to save the interviewer time and also see how you interact in a group environment. Someone correct me if I am wrong but I really don't think it would be a group evaluation or mass rejections/acceptances. From "real world" group interviewer experience I can say.. Just be friendly, nice, listen attentively to what others are saying, act interested in everyone else, do not dominate the entire conversation. Good opportunity to ask some questions about the interviewer's experience at GULC / what he or she is doing in their career now. Write a thank you email when you get home, reference a few of the things the interviewer said that relate to what you're interested in, reiterate why you feel GULC is a good fit for you... and... done.

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheRedMamba » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:16 pm

also hoping I get something in the mail today, 11/21 was my last update

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:31 pm

TheRedMamba wrote:also hoping I get something in the mail today, 11/21 was my last update



Why is everyone thinking that today will be the day??

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:32 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
TheRedMamba wrote:also hoping I get something in the mail today, 11/21 was my last update



Why is everyone thinking that today will be the day??


For those of us that had our third update on 11/21, we're hopeful that a letter will reach us today.

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:33 pm

Killingly wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
TheRedMamba wrote:also hoping I get something in the mail today, 11/21 was my last update



Why is everyone thinking that today will be the day??


For those of us that had our third update on 11/21, we're hopeful that a letter will reach us today.


Yup. Plus most people have been accepted have had 3 updates and acceptances haven't been sent out since the 14th or so (at least to our very very small sample group).

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:38 pm

luxxe wrote:
Killingly wrote:
broncos_fan_26 wrote:
TheRedMamba wrote:also hoping I get something in the mail today, 11/21 was my last update



Why is everyone thinking that today will be the day??


For those of us that had our third update on 11/21, we're hopeful that a letter will reach us today.


Yup. Plus most people have been accepted have had 3 updates and acceptances haven't been sent out since the 14th or so (at least to our very very small sample group).


It kills me that there is mail in my box, but no way to check it for another two hours.

User avatar
lgleye
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:41 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lgleye » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:40 pm

benito wrote:so nobody on LSN with a GPA as low as mine has been accepted (edit: not just this year but any year listed), yet I was offered an interview. Are they just covering bases? Do they do this for anyone with a good LSAT score? or do I really have a shot here?


I'm a splitter, too......... stats?

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:45 pm

Just to clarify, when people are saying that their status has been updated 3x, does that mean their "application completed" date changed 3x or they had three updates overall in the process?

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:46 pm

CaliforniaGurl wrote:Just to clarify, when people are saying that their status has been updated 3x, does that mean their "application completed" date changed 3x or they had three updates overall in the process?


My complete date changed three time.

User avatar
nelue
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nelue » Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Last update 11/21 technically... Had to change my zip code so it changed to 11/23.... I'm wondering if anyones program info with the 11/21 update has changed? Mine still says both.... :/

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:11 pm

Well I'll be the first to promulgate my dashed hopes. Nothing school-related in the mail at all, not even spam. Did the holiday throw everything off? I'm located in the Southeast, and, even if I get a decision on Monday, the strange fact remains that I could have walked from my house to D.C. in less than a week (11/21 third update).
Last edited by anewaphorist on Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:12 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Well I'll be the first to promulgate my dashed hopes. Nothing school-related in the mail at all, not even spam. Did the holiday throw everything off? I'm located in the Southeast, and, even if I get a decision on Monday, the strange fact remains that I could have walked from my house to D.C. in less than a week.


Worst day ever.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:17 pm

Tell me about it. I have some weird strain of the flu, and I've been down for the count since Wednesday. I had nothing in particular to be thankful for this week, TBF.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 pm

anewaphorist wrote:Tell me about it. I have some weird strain of the flu, and I've been down for the count since Wednesday. I had nothing in particular to be thankful for this week, TBF.


Aw :(

We better get some mail tomorrow.

User avatar
IamIn
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:04 pm

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby IamIn » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:56 pm

Nothing in the mail today, and I am in DC.... If I don't get anything tomorrow then I will be very sad.....




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945, ginawwhan, henryyou, potterotter, proteinshake, Why???, zeglo and 23 guests