Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle) Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gatorapplicant

Bronze

Re: Georgetown c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Post by gatorapplicant » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:46 pm

matvei wrote:I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but was anyone held who later was accepted?
it has a few times, but i don't blame you for not going back and reading 130 pages. i'm on hold as well. from what i've read on here, it doesn't look good for us

THATSHOWYOUGETANTS

New

Post by THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:39 am

on hold too. my advice is to think of it as a rejection, write them a nice loci or two but make other plans. but you never know, things vary from year to year that's why they have it.

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:29 am

trinakat wrote:Applied ED on 11/14/2011 and was deferred to RD 11/28/2011 (3.85/163), no updates since (no interview either). Please, Georgetown, talk to me? Give me something, anything!
Ha we are twins from our deferral date to our LSAT. After I got deferred I called the office to find out around when we might expect to hear back again and they said that last year they tried to get back to deferred applicants around the end of february :(

ricsllscir

Bronze

Post by ricsllscir » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:39 am

What's the theory on hold vs. left in limbo? I applied beginning of December, and haven't heard a word past complete on 12/19...my numbers aren't that great, but why not

gthopeful

Bronze

Post by gthopeful » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 pm

I have finally gone COMPLETE!!!!...now the three week ed countdown starts

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:09 pm

ricsllscir wrote:What's the theory on hold vs. left in limbo? I applied beginning of December, and haven't heard a word past complete on 12/19...my numbers aren't that great, but why not
If you didn't apply until mid December, I wouldn't worry about it. You're probably just in the middle of a very large pile.

lawschoolgal12

New

Post by lawschoolgal12 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:51 pm

okay so i know i've totally asked this before, but at the risk of being annoying i'm going to ask again...because its kind of killing me. i sent in my app mid november and interviewed the last week of december. didn't hear anything until my status checker updated last week (1/18), and have had no action since then (no ASW password, either). when i was at the group interview dean cornblatt said that we should expect to hear an answer in 1-2 weeks. its now been about 4 weeks. anyone else still stuck in this boat? thoughts?

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:20 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:okay so i know i've totally asked this before, but at the risk of being annoying i'm going to ask again...because its kind of killing me. i sent in my app mid november and interviewed the last week of december. didn't hear anything until my status checker updated last week (1/18), and have had no action since then (no ASW password, either). when i was at the group interview dean cornblatt said that we should expect to hear an answer in 1-2 weeks. its now been about 4 weeks. anyone else still stuck in this boat? thoughts?
I think eaper's answer above applies to you too, because although you applied in november your app isn't considered 'complete' until the interview's been conducted. This is just me theorizing and definitely not anything I know for sure but I'd guess the evaluation from your interview was processed on 1/18 hence the update then, because they have promised ED applicants responses within 3 weeks so if you're an RD interviewee you probably do fall to the end of the pile. But of course that doesn't mean you won't get in once they get to you and that makes the wait worth it right? Good luck!

lawschoolgal12

New

Post by lawschoolgal12 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:05 pm

benito wrote:
lawschoolgal12 wrote:okay so i know i've totally asked this before, but at the risk of being annoying i'm going to ask again...because its kind of killing me. i sent in my app mid november and interviewed the last week of december. didn't hear anything until my status checker updated last week (1/18), and have had no action since then (no ASW password, either). when i was at the group interview dean cornblatt said that we should expect to hear an answer in 1-2 weeks. its now been about 4 weeks. anyone else still stuck in this boat? thoughts?
I think eaper's answer above applies to you too, because although you applied in november your app isn't considered 'complete' until the interview's been conducted. This is just me theorizing and definitely not anything I know for sure but I'd guess the evaluation from your interview was processed on 1/18 hence the update then, because they have promised ED applicants responses within 3 weeks so if you're an RD interviewee you probably do fall to the end of the pile. But of course that doesn't mean you won't get in once they get to you and that makes the wait worth it right? Good luck!
Thanks, benito! I think I was just getting a little bit antsy because I had figured there would be less time waiting for an official "evaluation" because it was a group interview with dean cornblatt himself. Well, and because of his 1-2 week assurance. Ohhhhh wellllll.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 pm

benito wrote:
Hmm well, I only applied in mid-November and interviewed the first week in December, but I also had an individual interview with an alumni, so I don't know what difference that made. I think I got into my ASW a week or two after the second update after my interview? I would just wait for a little bit longer before worrying about it. Good luck.

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:25 pm

How long does it take after getting ASW access to get official correspondence that you have been accepted?

jlc141

New

Post by jlc141 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

How long does it typically take to go from your first complete date to receiving an interview request? I went complete 1/9 had a second update on 1/13 and then haven't heard anything since. Is that normal or should I be concerned?

crabcakes

Bronze

Post by crabcakes » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:29 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:How long does it take after getting ASW access to get official correspondence that you have been accepted?
curious about this too. from the looks of the thread, it looks like it varies. i got my asw password on 1/17, but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm

crabcakes wrote:
ColtsFan88 wrote:How long does it take after getting ASW access to get official correspondence that you have been accepted?
curious about this too. from the looks of the thread, it looks like it varies. i got my asw password on 1/17, but haven't gotten anything in the mail yet...
But we are absolutely sure we are in? Cause my cycle has been terribly unpredictable, and getting GTown's ASW access was so comforting. Now I'm freaking myself out that it was a mistake.

AMD

New

Post by AMD » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:47 pm

You will recieve an acceptance envelope 1-2 weeks after being able to sign in.
Congrats!!!

cactuarX3

Silver

Post by cactuarX3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:49 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
crabcakes wrote:
But we are absolutely sure we are in? Cause my cycle has been terribly unpredictable, and getting GTown's ASW access was so comforting. Now I'm freaking myself out that it was a mistake.
Absolutely sure buddy! Congratulations!

benito

Bronze

Post by benito » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:54 pm

jlc141 wrote:How long does it typically take to go from your first complete date to receiving an interview request? I went complete 1/9 had a second update on 1/13 and then haven't heard anything since. Is that normal or should I be concerned?
You should not be concerned, there is no guarantee you will even receive an interview request plenty of people have gotten in without one. For what its worth I was complete 11/09 and got an interview request 11/22.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

broncos_fan_26

Bronze

Post by broncos_fan_26 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:04 pm

jhw219 wrote:
trinakat wrote:Applied ED on 11/14/2011 and was deferred to RD 11/28/2011 (3.85/163), no updates since (no interview either). Please, Georgetown, talk to me? Give me something, anything!
Ha we are twins from our deferral date to our LSAT. After I got deferred I called the office to find out around when we might expect to hear back again and they said that last year they tried to get back to deferred applicants around the end of february :(
did you pester them? or just ask them? if pester, then maybe they told you whatever just to get you to shut up :P

jhw219

New

Post by jhw219 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:37 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
jhw219 wrote:
did you pester them? or just ask them? if pester, then maybe they told you whatever just to get you to shut up :P
Haha no I just asked. Basically I was like, I am an ED applicant who was deferred and I know that I might not be hearing back for awhile but I was wondering if you could give me a general timeline of when I might hear back again. The lady was really nice and just said that last year the dean tried to get back to all deferred applicants by the end of February.

eaper

Silver

Post by eaper » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:13 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
crabcakes wrote:
I think it was a week or two after being able to log in, so don't worry too much about it. You're good to go! Grats and welcome!

commonpleas

New

Post by commonpleas » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Anyone else slightly confused about the best way to send in a LOCI for those of us in the special group on the preferred waiting list? The email provides the contact information for the Associate Director of Admissions, and says that we should respond to her via email ASAP with our level of interest in GULC and our interest in remaining on the waiting list. Should I just send her a brief email indicating that I am extremely interested in GULC and in remaining on the list and then follow with a hard copy of a detailed LOCI in the mail?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ColtsFan88

Silver

Post by ColtsFan88 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:33 pm

commonpleas wrote:Anyone else slightly confused about the best way to send in a LOCI for those of us in the special group on the preferred waiting list? The email provides the contact information for the Associate Director of Admissions, and says that we should respond to her via email ASAP with our level of interest in GULC and our interest in remaining on the waiting list. Should I just send her a brief email indicating that I am extremely interested in GULC and in remaining on the list and then follow with a hard copy of a detailed LOCI in the mail?
This is what I did. I emailed asking them if they accepted LOCIs through postal mail, and that I would be sending one shortly.

FWIW I wasn't part of the special group. Sounds like the special group is for auto admits that were YPed.

freaknroll

Bronze

Post by freaknroll » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:03 pm

Does anyone know when GTown typically begins to decide on those of us who applied for PT?

mithriliel

New

Post by mithriliel » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:04 pm

lawschoolgal12 wrote:
benito wrote:
Thanks, benito! I think I was just getting a little bit antsy because I had figured there would be less time waiting for an official "evaluation" because it was a group interview with dean cornblatt himself. Well, and because of his 1-2 week assurance. Ohhhhh wellllll.
I'm feeling exactly the same way... exact same thing as you, mid nov, group interview in Dec, only update after complete 1/18 (I have an odd sense of deja vu that I responded to you before btw but alas, TLS and app stalking makes us all crazy). soooooo i will be hanging here in limbo thinking back to the 1-2 weeks I was also promised (I'm pretty sure Dean Cornblatt said they had finished going over our applications and the interview was the final bit before they notified us). If anyone heard anything else who's in our boat, please let us know :D

commonpleas

New

Post by commonpleas » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:32 pm

ColtsFan88 wrote:
commonpleas wrote:Anyone else slightly confused about the best way to send in a LOCI for those of us in the special group on the preferred waiting list? The email provides the contact information for the Associate Director of Admissions, and says that we should respond to her via email ASAP with our level of interest in GULC and our interest in remaining on the waiting list. Should I just send her a brief email indicating that I am extremely interested in GULC and in remaining on the list and then follow with a hard copy of a detailed LOCI in the mail?
This is what I did. I emailed asking them if they accepted LOCIs through postal mail, and that I would be sending one shortly.

FWIW I wasn't part of the special group. Sounds like the special group is for auto admits that were YPed.
Thanks! Yeah, I thought it through, and it seemed awkward and inappropriate to write anything really detailed and what would be in a traditional LOCI through email. I'm planning on following up with a good, long LOCI in a few weeks. And as much as a want to believe that it was just YP and a thorough LOCI will do the trick, I'm not so sure... all I know is that I REALLY want to stay in DC and GULC has amazing programs that are a perfect fit for me and that don't exist at other schools...guess that's what I'll be putting in my LOCI! Good luck, I'd love to hear about itwhen they get back to you!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”