Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FlanAl

Silver
Posts: 1474
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FlanAl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:51 pm

thats super weird. why wouldn't they try and foster some interaction. anyways like I said the rest of the school is really helpful once you're in. Also the financial aid office was really helpful once aid etc. was doled out.

User avatar
Lawbro

Bronze
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:The financial aid office isn't much better. I've been waiting for close to two months now and when I called a few days ago and asked whatsup, they said to wait another week or so and then to give a call if I haven't received it yet. Gtfo


If I meet you and your don't look like Edward Norton... I am going to be disappointed


I am Edward Norton. I haven't gotten any good roles since fight club and american history x, so I decided to give law a try

lawgirl46

New
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawgirl46 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:41 pm

CamronD wrote:Got into Cornell. After the long wait with complete silence and acceptances at better schools I am not excited at all. To top it off they expect a response within seven days. They are requesting that I be considerate of other applicants and give them a quick response. Sounds like they really want me, so sounds like there will be a place opening up for someone else soon when I turn them down. Rudest acceptance letter possible. I want a refund for them making me wait so long. These guys are thoroughly unprofessional.

I also got accepted today and I could not believe the letter *begins* with the line "be kind to your fellow applicants," followed shortly thereafter by a notice that we'll have to give them our decision in 7 days. (BTW, if you read all the fine print re: financial aid, you don't have to give them an answer until 1 week after you receive your financial aid award). I have been really horrified at how inconsiderate Cornell has been throughout this process and this letter just seemed to reinforce that impression. I thought it would begin with an apology for its tardy arrival; I certainly did not anticipate scolding in the first sentence...

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:33 am

Fucking update gaddamit.

User avatar
ru2486

Bronze
Posts: 158
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:28 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ru2486 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:12 am

Blumpbeef wrote:Fucking update gaddamit.


this. radio silence since late january.

confusedlaw

Silver
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:39 am

any word on how good the chances for reserves are?

User avatar
wakka!

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wakka! » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:56 pm

3/28 completion date (applied 3/26)


what are my chances??
:O
Last edited by wakka! on Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
T00L

Silver
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:10 pm

wakka! wrote:You guys want to laugh at me?

3/28 completion date (applied 3/26)
3.55/166.
White male haha

what are my chances??


To put it nicely, I would be surprised if you got in. Very surprised. That is not to say I don't wish you luck...

juju96

New
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby juju96 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:29 pm

juju96 wrote:applied 1/24 went complete 2/1 then again 4/16


complete again today 4/24

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:34 pm

juju96 wrote:
juju96 wrote:applied 1/24 went complete 2/1 then again 4/16


complete again today 4/24


Me too. 4/18 and 4/24.

LadyDiabolyn

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:05 pm

wakka! wrote:You guys want to laugh at me?

3/28 completion date (applied 3/26)
3.55/166.
White male haha

what are my chances??



Did they send you that email inviting you to apply as well?

User avatar
wakka!

Bronze
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:23 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wakka! » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:50 pm

LadyDiabolyn wrote:
wakka! wrote:You guys want to laugh at me?

3/28 completion date (applied 3/26)
3.55/166.
White male haha

what are my chances??



Did they send you that email inviting you to apply as well?


yea random e-mail in late march saying they accepted feb LSAT scores and offered a fee waiver. I was super stoked to apply (and I filled out the app that day) but I assumed it was just to increase their reportable number of applicants for the year and that in reality I have <5% chance of even getting wait-listed.

I wish they would review and deny me already though because my application still sitting there complete gives me just the slightest bit of hope.

LadyDiabolyn

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:22 pm

wakka! wrote:
LadyDiabolyn wrote:
wakka! wrote:You guys want to laugh at me?

3/28 completion date (applied 3/26)
3.55/166.
White male haha

what are my chances??



Did they send you that email inviting you to apply as well?


yea random e-mail in late march saying they accepted feb LSAT scores and offered a fee waiver. I was super stoked to apply (and I filled out the app that day) but I assumed it was just to increase their reportable number of applicants for the year and that in reality I have <5% chance of even getting wait-listed.

I wish they would review and deny me already though because my application still sitting there complete gives me just the slightest bit of hope.


haha same here. I willingly forked over the 21 bucks for the LSAC report while cursing myself for having the slightest bit of hope.

User avatar
unlicensedpotato

Silver
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unlicensedpotato » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Complete 2/24-->4/20-->4/25

T_SAN

New
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:01 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T_SAN » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:16 pm

Reserved today and immediately withdrew. Putting in a deposit at NW. Good luck to those waiting for a decision....you'll need it if you want a response prior to August from this joke of an admissions office.

woeisme

Silver
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woeisme » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:45 pm

T_SAN wrote:Reserved today and immediately withdrew. Putting in a deposit at NW. Good luck to those waiting for a decision....you'll need it if you want a response prior to August from this joke of an admissions office.


Sorry. NU is solid too though at least!

soozpooz

New
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:27 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soozpooz » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:51 pm

unlicensedpotato wrote:Complete 2/24-->4/20-->4/25


i think i have those exact dates ... :(

User avatar
JDizzle2015

Silver
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:54 pm

Lawbro wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:The financial aid office isn't much better. I've been waiting for close to two months now and when I called a few days ago and asked whatsup, they said to wait another week or so and then to give a call if I haven't received it yet. Gtfo


If I meet you and your don't look like Edward Norton... I am going to be disappointed


I am Edward Norton. I haven't gotten any good roles since fight club and american history x, so I decided to give law a try

You did in "the people vs larry flynt". :D

User avatar
unlicensedpotato

Silver
Posts: 510
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unlicensedpotato » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:40 am

soozpooz wrote:
unlicensedpotato wrote:Complete 2/24-->4/20-->4/25


i think i have those exact dates ... :(


Well, we'll probably find out Friday or Monday then.

User avatar
QueMellow

Bronze
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am

JDizzle2015 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
Lawbro wrote:The financial aid office isn't much better. I've been waiting for close to two months now and when I called a few days ago and asked whatsup, they said to wait another week or so and then to give a call if I haven't received it yet. Gtfo


If I meet you and your don't look like Edward Norton... I am going to be disappointed


I am Edward Norton. I haven't gotten any good roles since fight club and american history x, so I decided to give law a try

You did in "the people vs larry flynt". :D



Where you actually played a lawyer. Surely you wrote about that in your PS, or at least your DS?

LadyDiabolyn

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 pm

I wonder whether the late applicants have a prayer of an answer before May 1:(

User avatar
clarion

Bronze
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm

LadyDiabolyn wrote:I wonder whether the late applicants have a prayer of an answer before May 1:(


I'd say "no" lol I'm a 1/29 original complete and am still stuck on my third update (4/17). It's like they get a kick out of being withholding >_> But I'm hoping that at least people like myself who already have 3 will get our fourth and a decision by May 1st. But honestly I'm not holding out much hope, nor do I really care.

User avatar
Blumpbeef

Gold
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:54 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
juju96 wrote:
juju96 wrote:applied 1/24 went complete 2/1 then again 4/16


complete again today 4/24


Me too. 4/18 and 4/24.


And... Reserved

LadyDiabolyn

New
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby LadyDiabolyn » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:24 pm

clarion wrote:
LadyDiabolyn wrote:I wonder whether the late applicants have a prayer of an answer before May 1:(


I'd say "no" lol I'm a 1/29 original complete and am still stuck on my third update (4/17). It's like they get a kick out of being withholding >_> But I'm hoping that at least people like myself who already have 3 will get our fourth and a decision by May 1st. But honestly I'm not holding out much hope, nor do I really care.



Oh wooow. I wonder why it's going so slowly.

User avatar
Miss_Sunshine

New
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Miss_Sunshine » Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:48 pm

soozpooz wrote:
unlicensedpotato wrote:Complete 2/24-->4/20-->4/25


i think i have those exact dates ... :(


As do I. Best of luck, everyone! :)



Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], thepsychedelic and 6 guests