Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:14 pm

mithriliel wrote:Still sitting on 1/20..... is there anyone left who hasn't been updated in a while?


1/22 here. I am sure that there are others as well ..

NDIrish2012
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NDIrish2012 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:52 pm

1/22 here as well... this is freaking ridiculous.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:02 pm

NDIrish2012 wrote:1/22 here as well... this is freaking ridiculous.


Agreed. Much better than UCLA though.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:04 pm

me 4

User avatar
srrrrh
Posts: 167
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:28 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby srrrrh » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am

still at 1/5

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woeisme » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:30 am

Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
luxxe wrote:Good luck to everyone waiting!!

I just got my finaid email - $12k/year. :D

Is this need and merit? I feel like if it was merit you would get a whole lOt more


Your conception of how much money they give out is really inflated.


Haha totally... Many people attend Cornell at sticker at or above the 75ths. It's like msblaw thinks Cornell is a WUSTL or Vandy...

woeisme
Posts: 781
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby woeisme » Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:34 am

msblaw89 wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Is Cornell stingy? I got 67,500 from UCLA and I'm just at their medians


Ok so leverage that shit. You likely wont get the full amount, but at least in prior years Cornell would throw a little bone.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm

woeisme wrote:
Arbiter213 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
luxxe wrote:Good luck to everyone waiting!!

I just got my finaid email - $12k/year. :D

Is this need and merit? I feel like if it was merit you would get a whole lOt more


Your conception of how much money they give out is really inflated.


Haha totally... Many people attend Cornell at sticker at or above the 75ths. It's like msblaw thinks Cornell is a WUSTL or Vandy...

No, I know it's not Vandy or WUSTL... But I still thought they would give more scholarships based on merit metrics

NDIrish2012
Posts: 141
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:18 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby NDIrish2012 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:25 am

At what point does it become not innapropriate to gently remind the admissions office that I have seat deposits at other schools rapidly approaching? At this point, even if I were admitted today it certainly wouldn't leave much time for them to put together a finaid package, me to receive it, and deliberate amongst my choices before my first seat deposits come due.

confusedlaw
Posts: 564
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby confusedlaw » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:51 am

1/4 just ding me already

Sammy841
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Sammy841 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:56 am

I would rather have a refund of my application fee than a decision of any kind at this point...

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:57 am

Sammy841 wrote:I would rather have a refund of my application fee than a decision of any kind at this point...


+180

jadoreGLACE
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jadoreGLACE » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:01 pm

2/8.... Update already!!!

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:32 pm

NDIrish2012 wrote:At what point does it become not innapropriate to gently remind the admissions office that I have seat deposits at other schools rapidly approaching? At this point, even if I were admitted today it certainly wouldn't leave much time for them to put together a finaid package, me to receive it, and deliberate amongst my choices before my first seat deposits come due.


Also curious about this. GULC has given me until Sunday, April 1st (lol) to make a decision and deposit due to a scholarship offer they gave me. Like, I'm fairly sure I wouldn't go to Cornell over GULC at this point ANYWAY (unless they threw the kitchen sink at me in terms of scholarship money), but I just want closure. Honestly, I wouldn't even care if they rejected me. I just would like to know before sending off my 400 dollars to DC

hellothisisme
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:50 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hellothisisme » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:50 pm

So if I submitted my tax info by 3/15 and I never got a financial aid award email, does this mean I'm not getting a scholarship? I really need to know whether or not to anticipate one, since deposit deadlines are coming up.

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:28 pm

hellothisisme wrote:So if I submitted my tax info by 3/15 and I never got a financial aid award email, does this mean I'm not getting a scholarship? I really need to know whether or not to anticipate one, since deposit deadlines are coming up.


Haven't received my financial aid package yet either. The kind lady on the phone told me 1-2 weeks from my submission date (ON the 15th) I would receive my complete package. Waiting patiently... for another 3 days.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Elendil wrote:
hellothisisme wrote:So if I submitted my tax info by 3/15 and I never got a financial aid award email, does this mean I'm not getting a scholarship? I really need to know whether or not to anticipate one, since deposit deadlines are coming up.


Haven't received my financial aid package yet either. The kind lady on the phone told me 1-2 weeks from my submission date (ON the 15th) I would receive my complete package. Waiting patiently... for another 3 days.


Yeah that's nonsense. I submitted like a month ago. But I was told everything should be out this week.

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schang1 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:37 pm

Is there anyone besides myself who has been EA deferred, then placed on reserve? Do you know approximately WHEN we can start to hear back from the school?

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:59 pm

Schang1 wrote:Is there anyone besides myself who has been EA deferred, then placed on reserve? Do you know approximately WHEN we can start to hear back from the school?


I'm EA deferred - Reserve as well. The letter mentioned late April, however, my hopes aren't too high.

User avatar
naw
Posts: 145
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby naw » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:48 am

gaud wrote:
Schang1 wrote:Is there anyone besides myself who has been EA deferred, then placed on reserve? Do you know approximately WHEN we can start to hear back from the school?


I'm EA deferred - Reserve as well. The letter mentioned late April, however, my hopes aren't too high.

Yeah, in the same ambivalent boat.

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schang1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:10 am

gaud wrote:
Schang1 wrote:Is there anyone besides myself who has been EA deferred, then placed on reserve? Do you know approximately WHEN we can start to hear back from the school?


I'm EA deferred - Reserve as well. The letter mentioned late April, however, my hopes aren't too high.


wow but your numbers are perfect for Cornell. I'm shocked you were EA deferred and placed on reserve. :shock:

User avatar
meredy171
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby meredy171 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:13 pm

got my third complete today... 12/9, 3/22, 3/27

Mac&Cheese89
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mac&Cheese89 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:18 pm

meredy171 wrote:got my third complete today... 12/9, 3/22, 3/27


+1

I'm just curious what it means. More than anything else, it's the not knowing which is starting to get to me.

jnordlander
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:08 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jnordlander » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:54 pm

1/5 no movement. I find it difficult to believe Cornell is so assiduous in their selections process that they are unable to give a decision at this point. I really would have considered attending, but when I've heard back from 10 or 12 oter schools its just offputting. Rational or not, schools should take this into consideration

sandiego222
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandiego222 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I don't think it has to do with them being unsure about where applicants stand. it probably has to do with them being unsure about class size/ yield. Apps that are "undecided" at this point are probably dependent upon people withdrawing/ declining offers in the coming weeks as they begin to make deposits at other places




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: potterotter and 2 guests