Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:50 pm

Congrats GreenGlass.

Still at 12/9....

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm

Elendil wrote:Unrelated to the recent status checker updates, but.... I visited the campus this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Looks like Hogwarts at night. And the town of Ithaca was so much more pleasant than I expected (and green-friendly!). Long story short, if you haven't had a chance to visit, highly recommend it.


Is there a convenient way to get there from NYC?

And sorry for all the Reserves.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
Elendil wrote:Unrelated to the recent status checker updates, but.... I visited the campus this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Looks like Hogwarts at night. And the town of Ithaca was so much more pleasant than I expected (and green-friendly!). Long story short, if you haven't had a chance to visit, highly recommend it.


Is there a convenient way to get there from NYC?

And sorry for all the Reserves.


When I was there someone spoke of a bus that went directly from Manhattan to campus. Don't remember what it was called/if you already have to be a student to take it though.

And I second Elendil's statement. I didn't even mind that it snowed 30 separate times throughout the two days I visited.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:55 pm

BTW, did you guys know that Cornell tops the rankings for most expensive law schools?

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:59 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:BTW, did you guys know that Cornell tops the rankings for most expensive law schools?


Aren't most of the UC schools more expensive?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:01 pm

bigeast03 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:BTW, did you guys know that Cornell tops the rankings for most expensive law schools?


Aren't most of the UC schools more expensive?


Nope, non-resident tuition at Boalt is "only" 54k, Cornell is 55k.

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Killingly wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:
Elendil wrote:Unrelated to the recent status checker updates, but.... I visited the campus this past weekend and it was absolutely beautiful. Looks like Hogwarts at night. And the town of Ithaca was so much more pleasant than I expected (and green-friendly!). Long story short, if you haven't had a chance to visit, highly recommend it.


Is there a convenient way to get there from NYC?

And sorry for all the Reserves.


When I was there someone spoke of a bus that went directly from Manhattan to campus. Don't remember what it was called/if you already have to be a student to take it though.

And I second Elendil's statement. I didn't even mind that it snowed 30 separate times throughout the two days I visited.

http://transportation.fs.cornell.edu/coach/

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:04 pm

Blumpbeef wrote:
bigeast03 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote:BTW, did you guys know that Cornell tops the rankings for most expensive law schools?


Aren't most of the UC schools more expensive?


Nope, non-resident tuition at Boalt is "only" 54k, Cornell is 55k.


Holy doley, that is discouraging.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:05 pm

:shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby whatismylife » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:23 pm

pdeturk wrote:Congrats GreenGlass.

Still at 12/9....


+1. No movement whatsoever. Have you written a LOCI?

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 pm

whatismylife wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Congrats GreenGlass.

Still at 12/9....


+1. No movement whatsoever. Have you written a LOCI?


No. I'm prepping for a retake. If they let me in great. I'm more concerned about whether I should just withdraw before they make a decision in case I do get in and then withdraw... You're dead set on going this year?

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby whatismylife » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:03 pm

pdeturk wrote:
whatismylife wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Congrats GreenGlass.

Still at 12/9....


+1. No movement whatsoever. Have you written a LOCI?


No. I'm prepping for a retake. If they let me in great. I'm more concerned about whether I should just withdraw before they make a decision in case I do get in and then withdraw... You're dead set on going this year?


Yeah this year for sure. Cornell's my top choice so this wait is excruciating. Doesn't help that the schools I've gotten into all pretty much took a massive hit in the 2013 rankings either (i.e. BU, WUSTL, DAVIS)...

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:04 pm

Blumpbeef wrote::shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus


Wow, that's an expensive bus! You could rent a car for 2 days for half that amount.

User avatar
meredy171
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:01 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby meredy171 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:20 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote::shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus


Wow, that's an expensive bus! You could rent a car for 2 days for half that amount.


I go there now and there's definitely a bus that's round trip for 80, it's called short line I think (unless they increased the prices recently)

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:35 pm

whatismylife wrote:
pdeturk wrote:
whatismylife wrote:
pdeturk wrote:Congrats GreenGlass.

Still at 12/9....


+1. No movement whatsoever. Have you written a LOCI?


No. I'm prepping for a retake. If they let me in great. I'm more concerned about whether I should just withdraw before they make a decision in case I do get in and then withdraw... You're dead set on going this year?


Yeah this year for sure. Cornell's my top choice so this wait is excruciating. Doesn't help that the schools I've gotten into all pretty much took a massive hit in the 2013 rankings either (i.e. BU, WUSTL, DAVIS)...



I don't think any of them took much of a hit in Firm Review rankings though. So it's not a big deal. I just think with a 3.7 if I can even gain a few points on my 167 it'll get me in other places or some money at Cornell. (Fingers crossed)

User avatar
Arbiter213
Posts: 2249
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Arbiter213 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:19 pm

Blumpbeef wrote::shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus


You have never been on a bus this nice.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 pm

Did anyone here back about scholarships from Cornell? I was accepted last Monday and i'm beginning to wonder if I won't be offered anything

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Lawbro wrote:Did anyone here back about scholarships from Cornell? I was accepted last Monday and i'm beginning to wonder if I won't be offered anything


I think someone called earlier and found out that scholarship info for the lay people ( those who aren't being considered for the Dean's award) will hear at this end of this month into the first week of April.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:32 pm

Awesome, thanks

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:32 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote::shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus


Wow, that's an expensive bus! You could rent a car for 2 days for half that amount.


+1, that's an absurd amount to pay. Just take Megabus up there. You'll need to transfer at some point, but will end up paying half as much.

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Blumpbeef » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:56 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Blumpbeef wrote::shock:

Round trip - $165


ETA: for the bus


Wow, that's an expensive bus! You could rent a car for 2 days for half that amount.


Not at my age.

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:46 pm

hello cornell waiters. i just wanted to share an observation with other reservists. i finally read the damn message completely today and it is NOT a waitlist. the message says they will offer more spots and formulate an official waitlist in may. wtf with this school? :(

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:25 pm

lrslayer wrote:hello cornell waiters. i just wanted to share an observation with other reservists. i finally read the damn message completely today and it is NOT a waitlist. the message says they will offer more spots and formulate an official waitlist in may. wtf with this school? :(


Yeah I understood that it's Reserve, not Waitlist. So I'm pretty stoked to agree to a third list to be on that essentially says "you are good, but we think we can do better...". Ugh.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Rawlberto wrote:
lrslayer wrote:hello cornell waiters. i just wanted to share an observation with other reservists. i finally read the damn message completely today and it is NOT a waitlist. the message says they will offer more spots and formulate an official waitlist in may. wtf with this school? :(


Yeah I understood that it's Reserve, not Waitlist. So I'm pretty stoked to agree to a third list to be on that essentially says "you are good, but we think we can do better...". Ugh.


exactly how i feel about it lol JUST LOVE US CORNELL

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am

gaud wrote:
Rawlberto wrote:
lrslayer wrote:hello cornell waiters. i just wanted to share an observation with other reservists. i finally read the damn message completely today and it is NOT a waitlist. the message says they will offer more spots and formulate an official waitlist in may. wtf with this school? :(


Yeah I understood that it's Reserve, not Waitlist. So I'm pretty stoked to agree to a third list to be on that essentially says "you are good, but we think we can do better...". Ugh.


exactly how i feel about it lol JUST LOVE US CORNELL

Damn, that sucks! How are your guys' numbers? I fear this is my fate as well...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: christinaxcarrie, kinglew, LawSchoolTitan and 11 guests