Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
sani8080
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sani8080 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:39 pm

princeR wrote:
sani8080 wrote:On reserve, e-mail today, EA deferred on 12/16.. :roll:
Before I decide whether or not to pursue it further... hypothetically if in, sticker at Cornell v. 120k at WUSTL
What would you choose?


Depends on how much debt you'd accrue from Cornell. I think the prospect of Cornell would more than make up for the 120k at WUSTL. Think about it, telling a future employer you went to Cornell or that you went to WUSTL, which do you think would get the better response... There's your answer. You are going to go to law school once, go to the better school.




Thanks for the answer!

User avatar
clarion
Posts: 192
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby clarion » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:55 pm

sani8080 wrote:
princeR wrote:
sani8080 wrote:On reserve, e-mail today, EA deferred on 12/16.. :roll:
Before I decide whether or not to pursue it further... hypothetically if in, sticker at Cornell v. 120k at WUSTL
What would you choose?


Depends on how much debt you'd accrue from Cornell. I think the prospect of Cornell would more than make up for the 120k at WUSTL. Think about it, telling a future employer you went to Cornell or that you went to WUSTL, which do you think would get the better response... There's your answer. You are going to go to law school once, go to the better school.




Thanks for the answer!


Whoa whoa whoa. No offense, but it's not quite that simple lol Where do you want to practice? What kind of law do you want to go into? If you want to go into Biglaw, especially in NY, then Cornell is the clear winner. If you don't really care all that much about big law or maybe want to practice law in a state who's median starting salary isn't 160K, then it's more of a discussion. The amount of debt you'd accrue at Cornell v that with your 120k at WUSTL is tremendous. Debt can (and many times will) ruin a person's life. Taking on a tremendous amount is nothing that should be taken lightly. Especially not in this economy (unless you're going to med school to be an anesthesiologist).

Nonetheless, there are many threads in the choosing a law school forum on here, and even one specifically tailored to those of us who got $$$ at WUSTL and nothing from a higher-ranked school. Peruse and use that to make your judgment. The name in and of itself is not nearly sufficient enough to justify the decision to go to Cornell at sticker.

sinpo
Posts: 22
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sinpo » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:39 am

IN (via status checker)

Deferred EA applicant.
Updates: 12/16-> 2/13 -> 12/16(it really happened) -> 2/21, 28, 29, 3/1, -> 3/5 with Congratulations message.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:41 am

sinpo wrote:IN (via status checker)

Deferred EA applicant.
Updates: 12/16-> 2/13 -> 12/16(it really happened) -> 2/21, 28, 29, 3/1, -> 3/5 with Congratulations message.

Woah, congrats!!!!

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:43 am

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:49 am

Unagi wrote:IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:09 am

Congrats Unagi! My girlfriend loves you for the Friends reference, btw...

Quick question: I had an interview Saturday and I've updated to '3/5' today. Is it normal to update so quickly after an interview, or is there something significant that can be inferred?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 423
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:55 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Unagi » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks scarlet and QueMellow!!!
And no clue about the interview thing, sorry :|

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:39 am

Congrats to everyone who got in today! Hoping that we can please PLEASE move on to RD applicants now.

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:41 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today! Hoping that we can please PLEASE move on to RD applicants now.


Seconded. Congrats guys!

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:43 am

pdeturk wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today! Hoping that we can please PLEASE move on to RD applicants now.


Seconded. Congrats guys!


Agreed. Please move me from 1/22

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:46 am

moxy wrote:
pdeturk wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today! Hoping that we can please PLEASE move on to RD applicants now.


Seconded. Congrats guys!


Agreed. Please move me from 1/22

Sigh. 12/15. I feel so left behind. I feel like I complain about this daily. Sorry.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 am

franklyscarlet wrote:
Unagi wrote:IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

We knew it was coming!

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:47 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
moxy wrote:
pdeturk wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:Congrats to everyone who got in today! Hoping that we can please PLEASE move on to RD applicants now.


Seconded. Congrats guys!


Agreed. Please move me from 1/22

Sigh. 12/15. I feel so left behind. I feel like I complain about this daily. Sorry.


I applied late so I am not complaining too much. Don't tell me you are still stuck at complete!!

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:48 am

Agreed. Please move me from 1/22[/quote]
Sigh. 12/15. I feel so left behind. I feel like I complain about this daily. Sorry.[/quote]

I applied late so I am not complaining too much. Don't tell me you are still stuck at complete!![/quote]


Still complete. 12/9. Applied before thanksgiving

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:52 am

moxy wrote:
I applied late so I am not complaining too much. Don't tell me you are still stuck at complete!!

Yup. 12/15 is my first complete date. I actually submitted my application in mid November but had to supplement my app with an additional essay (I said I was going to submit it on the app but didn't actually attach the document). This definitely delayed my going complete, but I think it may have put me in the ignore pile as well... :|

User avatar
staloysius
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby staloysius » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:53 am

Complete since 2/1. Ready to see some movement.

User avatar
moxy
Posts: 482
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby moxy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:55 am

Green Glass Windows wrote:
moxy wrote:
I applied late so I am not complaining too much. Don't tell me you are still stuck at complete!!

Yup. 12/15 is my first complete date. I actually submitted my application in mid November but had to supplement my app with an additional essay (I said I was going to submit it on the app but didn't actually attach the document). This definitely delayed my going complete, but I think it may have put me in the ignore pile as well... :|


It is already March, and a whole lot of people have been WL/Reserve ... I want to be hopeful .. hahaha but I am finding it increasingly hard to believe in the strength of my application :)

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:56 am

accepted via status check just now

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:06 pm

moxy wrote:
Green Glass Windows wrote:
moxy wrote:
I applied late so I am not complaining too much. Don't tell me you are still stuck at complete!!

Yup. 12/15 is my first complete date. I actually submitted my application in mid November but had to supplement my app with an additional essay (I said I was going to submit it on the app but didn't actually attach the document). This definitely delayed my going complete, but I think it may have put me in the ignore pile as well... :|


It is already March, and a whole lot of people have been WL/Reserve ... I want to be hopeful .. hahaha but I am finding it increasingly hard to believe in the strength of my application :)

This. So much this.

^Congrats lawbro!

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:12 pm

So... I'm EA and still have no word.

Anyone else left with me?

User avatar
Worker and Parasite
Posts: 360
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:53 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Worker and Parasite » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:24 pm

gaud wrote:So... I'm EA and still have no word.

Anyone else left with me?


+1 :|

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:31 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:32 pm

YesNoMaybe wrote:Does everyone's status checker say "You should receive a decision by mid-to-late April" I can't remember if that was always there. If someone could entertain my neurosis I'd greatly appreciate it.


its there on mine

YesNoMaybe
Posts: 102
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby YesNoMaybe » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:35 pm

.
Last edited by YesNoMaybe on Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Automotomayor, Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], nightie and 5 guests