Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Admitted via email. 75th LSAT. Median gpa. Almost certainly attending. Deferred from ea.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:16 pm

top30man wrote:Admitted via email. 75th LSAT. Median gpa. Almost certainly attending. Deferred from ea.


When was your last status checker update? Any updates before it?

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unitedfrutopia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:24 pm

I'm guessing this doesn't bode well for the rest of us. Congratulations on your acceptance.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 pm

top30man wrote:Admitted via email. 75th LSAT. Median gpa. Almost certainly attending. Deferred from ea.


congrats :mrgreen:

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:47 pm

scottybared wrote:
top30man wrote:Admitted via email. 75th LSAT. Median gpa. Almost certainly attending. Deferred from ea.


When was your last status checker update? Any updates before it?

I updated 2/13 and 2/24 after 12/19. I hope you all get good news!

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:52 pm

Any other admits submitted their financial aid stuff yet? Anybody heard back on $?

spiritniffler189
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spiritniffler189 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

MachineLemon wrote:Any other admits submitted their financial aid stuff yet? Anybody heard back on $?


Submitted 2wks ago, haven't heard anything yet. Pretty much all I'm waiting for before I deposit

User avatar
MachineLemon
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:47 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MachineLemon » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:03 pm

spiritniffler189 wrote:
MachineLemon wrote:Any other admits submitted their financial aid stuff yet? Anybody heard back on $?


Submitted 2wks ago, haven't heard anything yet. Pretty much all I'm waiting for before I deposit


Cool, mailed mine yesterday. Not set on Cornell, but def want to see if they offer something competitive.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:05 pm

MachineLemon wrote:
spiritniffler189 wrote:
MachineLemon wrote:Any other admits submitted their financial aid stuff yet? Anybody heard back on $?


Submitted 2wks ago, haven't heard anything yet. Pretty much all I'm waiting for before I deposit


Cool, mailed mine yesterday. Not set on Cornell, but def want to see if they offer something competitive.


Submitted FAFSA a couple days ago and submitting Need Access/mailing in tax/cornell FA forms all today. my FAFSA EFC was $0, so i should be in the running for some need-money. i'll update here when i hear anything.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:46 pm

Just got an interview request. What should I expect, y'all?

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:08 pm

QueMellow wrote:Just got an interview request. What should I expect, y'all?


Very laid back, very friendly. They're going to ask you a lot about your resume and background, but nothing to stress out about.

User avatar
QueMellow
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:09 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby QueMellow » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:14 pm

Elendil wrote:
QueMellow wrote:Just got an interview request. What should I expect, y'all?


Very laid back, very friendly. They're going to ask you a lot about your resume and background, but nothing to stress out about.


Thanks. And is it like the Georgetown Law interview, basically a way to make sure you're interested before they admit you? Or is there a lot more uncertainty involved?

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:20 pm

QueMellow wrote:
Elendil wrote:
QueMellow wrote:Just got an interview request. What should I expect, y'all?


Very laid back, very friendly. They're going to ask you a lot about your resume and background, but nothing to stress out about.


Thanks. And is it like the Georgetown Law interview, basically a way to make sure you're interested before they admit you? Or is there a lot more uncertainty involved?


Seemed to be very much like the Georgetown interview, except Cornell was much more in depth than Georgetown. I liked it more, to be honest. My interviewer seemed genuinely interested in whether or not Cornell is a good match for me and less interested in pitching the school or me giving the "right" answers.

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:02 pm

I updated today

User avatar
Rawlberto
Posts: 413
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Rawlberto » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:23 pm

Still sitting at 02/21 :(

User avatar
Lawbro
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lawbro » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:38 pm

Seems like I'm the only one here who updated, strange strange

unitedfrutopia
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unitedfrutopia » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Not really, you have much better stats than most of the ea referral people who updates yesterday.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:59 pm

Lawbro wrote:Seems like I'm the only one here who updated, strange strange


Check a page back.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Well, received my acceptance email today :D

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:03 pm

No movement today. Complete.

See what I did there?

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:06 pm

Elric wrote:Well, received my acceptance email today :D

Congrats!

Apparently things are still moving in Ithaca, then.

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

Good luck to those still waiting.

Also, I'm curious to know if anyone applied to or is considering one of the overseas dual degree programs. PM me

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:07 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:
Elric wrote:Well, received my acceptance email today :D

Congrats!

Apparently things are still moving in Ithaca, then.


Ah! Thanks :D

User avatar
la Rochejaquelein
Posts: 96
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby la Rochejaquelein » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Elric wrote:Ah! Thanks :D

I checked out your cycle on LSN -- nice! Any top choice among your offers?

Elric
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elric » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:32 pm

la Rochejaquelein wrote:
Elric wrote:Ah! Thanks :D

I checked out your cycle on LSN -- nice! Any top choice among your offers?


Thanks :D Cornell is definitely up there!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”