Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:15 pm

minnbills wrote:
gaud wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163250

Was I being foolish for using this as a median graph? because the stats on this one make me more optimistic


Well, LSN charts who has been accepted, not so much who attends. It makes sense that less competitive applicants would matriculate at a higher rate, so that would explain why the accepted medians are higher.



Ah i see, thanks for clearing that up

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7176
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:53 am

Median at 170? Ugh, Cornell why won't you love me?

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 am

UnamSanctam wrote:Median at 170? Ugh, Cornell why won't you love me?


its 170 now??
KERRRRRRRRRRIST

User avatar
crabcakes
Posts: 148
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby crabcakes » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:26 am

horrorbusiness wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Median at 170? Ugh, Cornell why won't you love me?


its 170 now??
KERRRRRRRRRRIST


um WHAT? no. i refuse to believe this. LALALALA

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:28 am

crabcakes wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Median at 170? Ugh, Cornell why won't you love me?


its 170 now??
KERRRRRRRRRRIST


um WHAT? no. i refuse to believe this. LALALALA


I think he meant the LSN accepted median, right?

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7176
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:38 am

minnbills wrote:
crabcakes wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:
UnamSanctam wrote:Median at 170? Ugh, Cornell why won't you love me?


its 170 now??
KERRRRRRRRRRIST


um WHAT? no. i refuse to believe this. LALALALA


I think he meant the LSN accepted median, right?


Yes. Apologies for freaking everyone out.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:42 am

soo.. real median? for last cycle.

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7176
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:44 am

horrorbusiness wrote:soo.. real median? for last cycle.


Information from one of my Google Docs says it's a 168 median, though I haven't verified this myself for some reason. I have no actual clue.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:47 am

Please be 168, or 167 if the Gods are feeling altruistic.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:51 am

minnbills wrote:Please be 168, or 167 if the Gods are feeling altruistic.


man, what'd really be altruistic is if my 167 turned into a 172 with the Mexican URM boost like people on here say it does

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:08 am

"The median LSAT score for the 2011 entering class was 168 and the median undergraduate GPA was 3.66."

http://www.lawschool.cornell.edu/admiss ... plying.cfm

:D

JPudding
Posts: 94
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:48 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JPudding » Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:46 am

Really hoping for a big drop in October LSAT takers this year, I've been checking every day. Hoping for a 167 median this cycle with my numbers :)

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:22 am

JPudding wrote:Really hoping for a big drop in October LSAT takers this year, I've been checking every day. Hoping for a 167 median this cycle with my numbers :)


+1

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:01 am

horrorbusiness wrote:
minnbills wrote:Please be 168, or 167 if the Gods are feeling altruistic.


man, what'd really be altruistic is if my 167 turned into a 172 with the Mexican URM boost like people on here say it does


I would be confident in your shoes.

In other news, my app went complete today!!!

User avatar
Justdoingmybest
Posts: 172
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Justdoingmybest » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:07 am

Same here app went complete today. submitted 10/30

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:15 am

Justdoingmybest wrote:Same here app went complete today. submitted 10/30


:evil: mine hasn't yet

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:21 am

mine finally went complete as well

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:02 pm

Mine too, submitted last Thursday.

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:42 pm

Hey guys, my complete date changed for the third time today. Does this mean anything or is it just random?

User avatar
luxxe
Posts: 830
Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby luxxe » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:44 pm

law2015 wrote:Hey guys, my complete date changed for the third time today. Does this mean anything or is it just random?


From the status checker..
"Over time you may notice that your current status date will change even though your current status does not. These changes mean that your application is moving through our internal review process."

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 pm

That's exciting

law2015
Posts: 398
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby law2015 » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:46 pm

luxxe wrote:
law2015 wrote:Hey guys, my complete date changed for the third time today. Does this mean anything or is it just random?


From the status checker..
"Over time you may notice that your current status date will change even though your current status does not. These changes mean that your application is moving through our internal review process."


Cool, thanks! Hopefully Cornell will start sending out decisions soon.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:51 pm

submitted 9/16, complete 9/26, and nothing since... Has anyone else seen date changes or anything?

User avatar
chem
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:14 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chem » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:15 pm

MiamiOxford wrote:submitted 9/16, complete 9/26, and nothing since... Has anyone else seen date changes or anything?


My status checker was updated to 10/31, and I was complete back in september, so I've seen movement

User avatar
Robespierre
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Robespierre » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:25 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:Using admisionquestion's (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=67390) method, I've been able to data mine the following information from LSN related to applicants who applied from day one to 11/2 in this cycle and compare it to last year's cycle:

2010-2011 Data:

Median LSAT: 169
Mean LSAT: 168.22
Median GPA: 3.71
Mean GPA: 3.648

2011-2012 Data:

Median LSAT: 170
Mean LSAT: 169.19
Median GPA: 3.75
Mean GPA: 3.669

2010-2011 Sample Size: 155
2011-2012 Sample Size: 83

Maybe more people will fill out LSN towards the end of the cycle but that is a pretty big discrepancy.

I thought this might be interesting to future hopeful Cornellians.


Wait, this is GOOD news, right? The people who've applied as of Nov. 2 are slightly higher-scoring than their counterparts last year (by 1 LSAT point, .04 GPA), but there are WAYYY fewer of them.

I suppose people might come on to LSN weeks from now and enter a pre-Nov. 2 "sent" date retroactively, but it doesn't seem like there would be that many of those. I think most people who are hyper enough to create an LSN profile tend to enter transactions as they happen.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: arthrod, Exabot [Bot], henryyou and 4 guests