Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:21 pm

Still complete 12/16 (and 11/29).
I still love you Cornell! Good luck fellow 2012 Cornell lovers.

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:19 pm

just updated today! unnecessarily excited!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:24 pm

CaliforniaGurl wrote:just updated today! unnecessarily excited!

We all get excited when there is any kind of movement :D

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:45 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
CaliforniaGurl wrote:just updated today! unnecessarily excited!

We all get excited when there is any kind of movement :D


+1

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:00 pm

I'm so jealous of you guys haha. I haven't moved since late November. :(

User avatar
westinghouse60
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby westinghouse60 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:05 pm

Finally updated today from 12/2...good sign?

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:36 pm

Actually I guess it was early-ish december. Maybe I shouldn't be so impatient...

User avatar
lemon7
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lemon7 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:57 pm

Has anyone been at "Verifying materials for completion" for a while? I submitted in early December, and my status hasn't changed since. I realize it's only been a month and that I'm probably just being impatient, but I just want to be sure!

User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:11 pm

Updated today (sometime in the last 3.5 hours) - third complete! 11/29, 12/16, 1/3. AHHHH.

theduffman
Posts: 182
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:41 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby theduffman » Wed Jan 04, 2012 12:48 am

FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Updated today (sometime in the last 3.5 hours) - third complete! 11/29, 12/16, 1/3. AHHHH.


almost the exact same complete dates! Just got my 3rd complete today!

User avatar
Elendil
Posts: 516
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elendil » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:35 am

theduffman wrote:
FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Updated today (sometime in the last 3.5 hours) - third complete! 11/29, 12/16, 1/3. AHHHH.


almost the exact same complete dates! Just got my 3rd complete today!


Same here... just to refresh my memory, 3 or 4 completes before a decision...? :)

hooma
Posts: 213
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hooma » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 am

lemon7 wrote:Has anyone been at "Verifying materials for completion" for a while? I submitted in early December, and my status hasn't changed since. I realize it's only been a month and that I'm probably just being impatient, but I just want to be sure!


Same here, I guess this is why it was strongly advised that we submit prior to the EA deadline! Why didn't I get my act together sooner...

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:46 am

Elendil wrote:
theduffman wrote:
FavoriteColorGRUE wrote:Updated today (sometime in the last 3.5 hours) - third complete! 11/29, 12/16, 1/3. AHHHH.


almost the exact same complete dates! Just got my 3rd complete today!


Same here... just to refresh my memory, 3 or 4 completes before a decision...? :)


I believe the answer is technically both, some had three some had four

I want to say I had four but it might have been three haha. hope that was sorta helpful at least...

vto35
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vto35 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

just updated from 12/19 to 1/4

User avatar
lemon7
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:08 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lemon7 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:31 pm

hooma wrote:
lemon7 wrote:Has anyone been at "Verifying materials for completion" for a while? I submitted in early December, and my status hasn't changed since. I realize it's only been a month and that I'm probably just being impatient, but I just want to be sure!


Same here, I guess this is why it was strongly advised that we submit prior to the EA deadline! Why didn't I get my act together sooner...


I didn't realize it'd take this long just to go complete. Well anyway, thanks for the response. Always good to know you're not alone!

arodd53
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby arodd53 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:27 pm

TMC116 wrote:
mathlawcombo wrote:just went complete today...how long does it usually take to get a decision? can i expect one soon after the holidays?


It'll take a while. I'd expect to hear back around the first week of February


Just got an email saying to expect a decision by mid-to-late April. Anyone know if it will actually take this long, or are they just managing our expectations?

rachelwang712
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rachelwang712 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:02 pm

checking in.
Updates: 12/7, 1/4.

They send the message saying we are expected to hear back by mid April to all of us. I do not think they mean to send out decisions that late or to manage expectation.

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:06 pm

rachelwang712 wrote:checking in.
Updates: 12/7, 1/4.

They send the message saying we are expected to hear back by mid April to all of us. I do not think they mean to send out decisions that late or to manage expectation.


You guys are all EA?

rachelwang712
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:07 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rachelwang712 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:26 pm

CaliforniaGurl wrote:
rachelwang712 wrote:checking in.
Updates: 12/7, 1/4.

They send the message saying we are expected to hear back by mid April to all of us. I do not think they mean to send out decisions that late or to manage expectation.


You guys are all EA?


Nope.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mr. Somebody » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:29 pm

arodd53 wrote:
TMC116 wrote:
mathlawcombo wrote:just went complete today...how long does it usually take to get a decision? can i expect one soon after the holidays?


It'll take a while. I'd expect to hear back around the first week of February


Just got an email saying to expect a decision by mid-to-late April. Anyone know if it will actually take this long, or are they just managing our expectations?


I think that's a generic message. You should hear much sooner than that!

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

Hmm...I didn't get that message and I wasn't EA either. Just updated yesterday too. I can hear the ding bell ringing...

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 pm

CaliforniaGurl wrote:Hmm...I didn't get that message and I wasn't EA either. Just updated yesterday too. I can hear the ding bell ringing...


Well I didn't get that message either, but I haven't updated since early december. I think you're alright.

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:47 pm

Why is there no "In at Cornell" thread? Is there one that I've missed? Should I make one?

Bigsby
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Bigsby » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:38 am

Hey everyone,

I got deferred from Cornell and I'm pretty bummed. It was most likely because of my 169 LSAT (which I will curse for the rest of my life). However they said I will be reconsidered in February and I really wanna try to bolster my chances as much as possible, however dim. Besides visiting the school (which isn't much of a trip), what else should I do? I'm out of school so I don't have much in terms of an updated transcript, besides getting a job at a music school (but barely started working there). Another LOR maybe? Anything?

User avatar
MrShneebly
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MrShneebly » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:24 am

Why would a 169 keep you out of Cornell? Their posted median is 168




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”