Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm

minnbills wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:shit. i submitted my app without attaching my LORs. I just attached the LORs to my Cornell file right now, after already having submitted the app. will this cause a problem??


I don't think so. The LORS wouldn't have been sent until Cornell requested your credential report anyways.


whew, thank you. I can't believe that the LOR-assigning isn't integrated as part of the application. pain in the ass to do it separately.

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:05 pm

I wouldnt sweat about the lors. You have until the 15th for the file to go complete.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Submitted a few hours ago - fingers crossed

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Strange » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:00 am

Submitted before I went to the gym. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
gavinstevens
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 6:17 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gavinstevens » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:02 am

Submitted at 11:59 PM EST. Early action by default right?

User avatar
BiglawOrBust
Posts: 215
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby BiglawOrBust » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:24 am

horrorbusiness wrote:
minnbills wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:shit. i submitted my app without attaching my LORs. I just attached the LORs to my Cornell file right now, after already having submitted the app. will this cause a problem??


I don't think so. The LORS wouldn't have been sent until Cornell requested your credential report anyways.


whew, thank you. I can't believe that the LOR-assigning isn't integrated as part of the application. pain in the ass to do it separately.


This dude's 'tar makes me cringe for some reason.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:28 am

BiglawOrBust wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:
minnbills wrote:
horrorbusiness wrote:shit. i submitted my app without attaching my LORs. I just attached the LORs to my Cornell file right now, after already having submitted the app. will this cause a problem??


I don't think so. The LORS wouldn't have been sent until Cornell requested your credential report anyways.


whew, thank you. I can't believe that the LOR-assigning isn't integrated as part of the application. pain in the ass to do it separately.


This dude's 'tar makes me cringe for some reason.


it's doing its job then

Schang1
Posts: 256
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Schang1 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:51 pm

Oops.. I made a mistake of putting my start date for college as September 2007 when it is supposed to be August 2007. The jobs that I held at school written on my resume state from "August 2007-"... is this a big deal? :shock: Also.. has anyone tried sending a revised version of "Why Cornell" essay to the schools? I kind of regret writing one the way I did... and was curious to know if I could re-send a new version.. :shock:

User avatar
paul34
Posts: 316
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:37 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby paul34 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:01 pm

You should be able to attach an updated essay and resume and e-mail it to the admissions office.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:04 pm

Anyone gone 'complete' yet? If so, about how long did it take after submitting everything?

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:08 pm

gaud wrote:Anyone gone 'complete' yet? If so, about how long did it take after submitting everything?

It was about four days after the submit.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:16 pm

top30man wrote:
gaud wrote:Anyone gone 'complete' yet? If so, about how long did it take after submitting everything?

It was about four days after the submit.



Thank you

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:34 pm

gaud wrote:
top30man wrote:
gaud wrote:Anyone gone 'complete' yet? If so, about how long did it take after submitting everything?

It was about four days after the submit.



Thank you

No problem. Best of luck to you. Soon I'm sure you will be able to check the status checker four times a day like the rest of us.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:38 pm

top30man wrote:No problem. Best of luck to you. Soon I'm sure you will be able to check the status checker four times a day like the rest of us.


They key is to apply to enough schools that you won't be able to do this. (Though Cornell still gets checked more than once/day lol)

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:53 pm

minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:No problem. Best of luck to you. Soon I'm sure you will be able to check the status checker four times a day like the rest of us.


They key is to apply to enough schools that you won't be able to do this. (Though Cornell still gets checked more than once/day lol)

Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:00 pm

top30man wrote:Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. I'm still waiting for the last component of my app to make it in. Though in a way I don't want it to since it will only hasten the bad news. :cry:

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:09 pm

minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. I'm still waiting for the last component of my app to make it in. Though in a way I don't want it to since it will only hasten the bad news. :cry:

Stay positive, friend!

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:20 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. I'm still waiting for the last component of my app to make it in. Though in a way I don't want it to since it will only hasten the bad news. :cry:

Stay positive, friend!

Yes. Falling app numbers could totally go your way!

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:23 pm

top30man wrote:
Hopefully2012 wrote:
minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. I'm still waiting for the last component of my app to make it in. Though in a way I don't want it to since it will only hasten the bad news. :cry:

Stay positive, friend!

Yes. Falling app numbers could totally go your way!


Hopefully guys! If that doesn't work I can always sign away my firstborn.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:46 pm

top30man wrote:
minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:No problem. Best of luck to you. Soon I'm sure you will be able to check the status checker four times a day like the rest of us.


They key is to apply to enough schools that you won't be able to do this. (Though Cornell still gets checked more than once/day lol)

Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. If you don't have the patience to check every single one every single day, how do you expect to survive the lawyer's daily grind?! haha

User avatar
top30man
Posts: 1224
Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby top30man » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:51 pm

thelawyler wrote:
top30man wrote:
minnbills wrote:
top30man wrote:No problem. Best of luck to you. Soon I'm sure you will be able to check the status checker four times a day like the rest of us.


They key is to apply to enough schools that you won't be able to do this. (Though Cornell still gets checked more than once/day lol)

Somehow I'm still finding a way haha.


I hear ya. If you don't have the patience to check every single one every single day, how do you expect to survive the lawyer's daily grind?! haha

Being neurotic should help I think.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:08 pm

Using admisionquestion's (memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=67390) method, I've been able to data mine the following information from LSN related to applicants who applied from day one to 11/2 in this cycle and compare it to last year's cycle:

2010-2011 Data:

Median LSAT: 169
Mean LSAT: 168.22
Median GPA: 3.71
Mean GPA: 3.648

2011-2012 Data:

Median LSAT: 170
Mean LSAT: 169.19
Median GPA: 3.75
Mean GPA: 3.669

2010-2011 Sample Size: 155
2011-2012 Sample Size: 83

Maybe more people will fill out LSN towards the end of the cycle but that is a pretty big discrepancy.

I thought this might be interesting to future hopeful Cornellians.
Last edited by Hopefully2012 on Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:10 pm

ugh, doesn't bode well for my 168

Thanks for pulling the info though!

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:11 pm

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=163250

Was I being foolish for using this as a median graph? because the stats on this one make me more optimistic

User avatar
minnbills
Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:04 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby minnbills » Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:13 pm

gaud wrote:http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=163250

Was I being foolish for using this as a median graph? because the stats on this one make me more optimistic


Well, LSN charts who has been accepted, not so much who attends. It makes sense that less competitive applicants would matriculate at a higher rate, so that would explain why the accepted medians are higher.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: amberb94, Anon.y.mousse., ellielaw, Leahmealone, Long shot hero and 21 guests