Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
soriano329
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:29 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby soriano329 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:02 pm

thesmark wrote:Status checker. I have a status-checker app on my desktop that's very helpful. Went from "under review 12/13" to "Congratulations! You are admitted!" My second response so far after applying on 11/14 (first was being accepted to Duke)

How many times did your date update, if you don't mind me asking

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Status just updated to "Deferred to regular applicant pool"

I was 11/03, 12/06, 12/13

Stats in profile. How did it turn out for deferrals last year? No email yet.

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:04 pm

Rolled to regular decision. LOL NEW YORK U SO FUNNY.

I was 11/3, 12/6, 12/15, 12/16 btw

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Killingly wrote:Rolled to regular decision. LOL NEW YORK U SO FUNNY.

Didn't even realize Cornell did this.

Edit: also deferred.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Header on the Status Checker:

Our Admissions Committee has reviewed your Early Action application and has decided to defer your application to our regular J.D. application pool for further consideration. I know this is likely a disappointment to you, but please understand that this action does not mean that you have been denied admission; you will be given full consideration as part of our regular application pool.

If you would like to continue to be considered for regular J.D. admission, please e-mail our office at lawadmit@lawschool.cornell.edu as soon as possible. Your application will be considered again after our February 1st deadline for regular admission applications. If we do not hear from you by February 1st, we will assume you have made other plans and will withdraw your application.

Please feel free to supplement your application with additional information before February 1st. For example, you should definitely forward any additional grades or honors you have received since you originally submitted your application. Updated transcripts and letters of recommendation should be processed through LSAC.

Congratulations on your fine record and background. We will be in touch again as soon as we have made a further decision on your application. We very much appreciate your interest in us and your willingness to participate in our early admission process.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 pm

Nthing yet, but some hella good applicants are being rolled over, so I'm assuming that. Here's to you guys getting in ASAP through RD!

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:08 pm

Yeah the applicant quality getting deferred does not bode well for me

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:08 pm

scottybared wrote:Header on the Status Checker:

Our Admissions Committee has reviewed your Early Action application and has decided to defer your application to our regular J.D. application pool for further consideration. I know this is likely a disappointment to you, but please understand that this action does not mean that you have been denied admission; you will be given full consideration as part of our regular application pool.

If you would like to continue to be considered for regular J.D. admission, please e-mail our office at lawadmit@lawschool.cornell.edu as soon as possible. Your application will be considered again after our February 1st deadline for regular admission applications. If we do not hear from you by February 1st, we will assume you have made other plans and will withdraw your application.

Please feel free to supplement your application with additional information before February 1st. For example, you should definitely forward any additional grades or honors you have received since you originally submitted your application. Updated transcripts and letters of recommendation should be processed through LSAC.

Congratulations on your fine record and background. We will be in touch again as soon as we have made a further decision on your application. We very much appreciate your interest in us and your willingness to participate in our early admission process.


Glad you posted this. Because when I say the status checker change I didn'treadlol

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Deferred. Going to withdraw.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

My header is still the same as it's always been

User avatar
lrslayer
Posts: 586
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:38 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lrslayer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:13 pm

Deferred.

plurilingue
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby plurilingue » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:15 pm

.
Last edited by plurilingue on Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mottainai
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon May 10, 2010 12:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mottainai » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Still at 12/15

thesmark
Posts: 35
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:00 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thesmark » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

Mine went:

11/16: Verifying materials for completion
11/17: Your application is complete
12/12, 12/13: Your application is complete (going through review committee)
12/16: Congratulations!

The text read:

"On behalf of our Dean, Admissions Committee, faculty and students, I am delighted to invite you to join Cornell's class of 2015 as part of our non-binding early admission program. We hop this allows you to begin you planning process right away. This message will be confirmed via an official letter and email from Cornell Law School. In the coming weeks, we will be forwarding you additional materials, including our accepted-student handbook, that will help you see what makes us one of the nation's top law schools. Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you soon. Very truly yours, Richard D. Geiger Associate Dean Communications and Enrollment".

User avatar
Cornelius
Posts: 505
Joined: Mon May 02, 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Cornelius » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:17 pm

So this is basically like being waitlisted, after looking at previous year's threads, right?

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

msblaw89 wrote:My header is still the same as it's always been


Same. No decision here. That worries me.... Because what's the only type of decision that hasn't gone out yet? That's right- rejections.

User avatar
scottybared
Posts: 150
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:15 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby scottybared » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

bigeast03 wrote:Yeah the applicant quality getting deferred does not bode well for me


I think this just attests to the fact that applications are down this year, so they're trying to be careful. The quality of applicants between now and February isn't going to great. I bet a lot of people will get in RD. Another couple of months of waiting doesn't sound fun though

neuroticjew
Posts: 86
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:46 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby neuroticjew » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

addy11 wrote:Deferred!


Me too! It's like they're hoping the hot chick will come along, and if not, we're an okay backup.

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:18 pm

wow, these deferred notices are so pretty brutal, especially for people with good #s. good luck to you guys and hold on tight to the optimism.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 pm

deferred too... for realz Cornell?

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:20 pm

Complete 11/7
Update 12/12 12/16

Still nothing.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

I should point out that I was admitted to Cornell in a previous cycle and declined in order to retake the LSAT. So that may have sent them the message that I wasn't serious about the school (although I really would have considered it with a decent scholarship).

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Zelda wrote:Complete 11/7
Update 12/12 12/16

Still nothing.

Same here....nervous

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

Zelda wrote:Complete 11/7
Update 12/12 12/16

Still nothing.


+1

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:22 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Zelda wrote:Complete 11/7
Update 12/12 12/16

Still nothing.

Same here....nervous


QFT.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests