Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:30 pm

Killingly wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
Killingly wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Don't worry ... it has to come within the next 7 days


Yay!


Yes, New York has to love you by Christmas,


True. December is a long month. My b-day is on Thursday, so I keep trying to convince myself that New York wants to give me birthday presents. But I'd settle for Christmas presents as well. :D


Haha my birthday was last week, and I was really hoping for a bday acceptance, but no dice.

Here's to a happy holiday season full of Cornell acceptances and scholarships for everyone!

User avatar
Killingly
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:17 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Killingly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:31 pm

curiousgeorgia wrote:
Haha my birthday was last week, and I was really hoping for a bday acceptance, but no dice.

Here's to a happy holiday season full of Cornell acceptances and scholarships for everyone!


Huzzah!

And happy birthday, CG!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:32 pm

Yes, New York has to love you by Christmas,[/quote]

True. December is a long month. My b-day is on Thursday, so I keep trying to convince myself that New York wants to give me birthday presents. But I'd settle for Christmas presents as well. :D[/quote]

Haha my birthday was last week, and I was really hoping for a bday acceptance, but no dice.

Here's to a happy holiday season full of Cornell acceptances and scholarships for everyone![/quote]
It is the season of giving :D

curiousgeorgia
Posts: 291
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiousgeorgia » Tue Dec 13, 2011 5:33 pm

Killingly wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:
Haha my birthday was last week, and I was really hoping for a bday acceptance, but no dice.

Here's to a happy holiday season full of Cornell acceptances and scholarships for everyone!


Huzzah!

And happy birthday, CG!


Thanks :( And a happy early birthday to you, too!

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JDizzle2015 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:41 pm

Killingly wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Yes, New York has to love you by Christmas,


True. December is a long month. My b-day is on Thursday, so I keep trying to convince myself that New York wants to give me birthday presents. But I'd settle for Christmas presents as well. :D

Since our numbers are so similar, I'm really hoping they sweep both of us up on the next wave of decisions....

User avatar
danielhay11
Posts: 230
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby danielhay11 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Updates on back-to-back days (12/12 and 12/13)! I'm choosing to believe this is a good sign because, well, why the heck not?

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:21 pm

danielhay11 wrote:Updates on back-to-back days (12/12 and 12/13)! I'm choosing to believe this is a good sign because, well, why the heck not?



Everyone I've seen who has back-to-back updates has been accepted! I'd be positive if I were you

User avatar
Zelda
Posts: 193
Joined: Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:06 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Zelda » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:24 pm

Take Two wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Just went complete again today, which brings my dates to 11/11, 12/12 and 12/13. I wonder why the back to back complete dates? Anyone else have something similar?



Im jealous im 11/11 12/12 but nothing today, hope its a good sign for you though!


Take Two! You are not alone. I was 11/7 12/12 and haven't updated since yesterday.

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:25 pm

Zelda wrote:
Take Two wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Just went complete again today, which brings my dates to 11/11, 12/12 and 12/13. I wonder why the back to back complete dates? Anyone else have something similar?



Im jealous im 11/11 12/12 but nothing today, hope its a good sign for you though!


Take Two! You are not alone. I was 11/7 12/12 and haven't updated since yesterday.


11/11, 12/12, nothing today. Submitted on 11/1. Im sure we'll update tomorrow or Thursday.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:31 pm

lawschool899 wrote:
Zelda wrote:
Take Two wrote:
curiousgeorgia wrote:Just went complete again today, which brings my dates to 11/11, 12/12 and 12/13. I wonder why the back to back complete dates? Anyone else have something similar?



Im jealous im 11/11 12/12 but nothing today, hope its a good sign for you though!


Take Two! You are not alone. I was 11/7 12/12 and haven't updated since yesterday.


11/11, 12/12, nothing today. Submitted on 11/1. Im sure we'll update tomorrow or Thursday.


I hope that you are right! :D

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Alright Cornell, good joke. Give us some acceptances tomorrow!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:19 pm

I concur!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:20 pm

Take Two wrote:I concur!

I just have to say that if I see you at ASW and you don't look like Hugh Laurie I am going to be disappointed. ;-)

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:22 pm

Haha im afraid im bound to disappoint then...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

Take Two wrote:Haha im afraid im bound to disappoint then...

British accent?

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:24 pm

I guess I have some time to work on it, but no promises!

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:03 pm

Has anybody received the accepted student's viewbook thing alluded to in the actual acceptance letter?

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:40 pm

nope, but i just got admitted yesterday, olddad. are any admits seriously considering attending yet? the cornell c/o 2015 thread is pretty sad.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm

Complete on 11/11 and 12/13....not sure what it means, makes me sooo nervous

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Take Two wrote:Haha im afraid im bound to disappoint then...

British accent?


Ooooo, I can do one of those. Maybe I should have told cornell that...

User avatar
oldad
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:11 am

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby oldad » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:59 pm

horrorbusiness wrote:nope, but i just got admitted yesterday, olddad. are any admits seriously considering attending yet? the cornell c/o 2015 thread is pretty sad.

Thanks for the response. And Cornell's my #1 choice with the eminent Michigan rejection pending.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:20 am

Dear Cornell,

Please update me today. All my friends on your TLS thread got an update yesterday, but I didn't. Some of them were even making fun of your tower and stuff. I would never do that to you. We can have a great three years together, just update me today and add me to that batch of acceptances coming out.

Love,
Cog

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:27 am

Anyway else find that the wait is paradoxically worse right after an acceptance than during a drought?

I need some 12 days of acceptances.

User avatar
cogitoergosum
Posts: 788
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cogitoergosum » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:33 am

addy11 wrote:Anyway else find that the wait is paradoxically worse right after an acceptance than during a drought?

I need some 12 days of acceptances.

I don't know if it's actually all that paradoxical... With a rolling admissions process, we know that our chances are somewhat lower after each batch of acceptances.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Cornell c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:35 am

cogitoergosum wrote:
addy11 wrote:Anyway else find that the wait is paradoxically worse right after an acceptance than during a drought?

I need some 12 days of acceptances.

I don't know if it's actually all that paradoxical... With a rolling admissions process, we know that our chances are somewhat lower after each batch of acceptances.


Oh, sorry... I meant from another school. So I just got into a school I could really see myself loving, and instead of being sated, I'm like "COME ON CORNELL! IT'S BEEN 36 HOURS SINCE I'VE BEEN VALIDATED!!" :D




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crimsonknight, Exabot [Bot], JosefK, jtawil, kvnrogers, notsolawful and 17 guests