Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:49 pm

AmoryB wrote:Decision made; watch for email.....update: In!



Nice Work.

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:24 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:
AmoryB wrote:Decision made; watch for email.....update: In!



Nice Work.


congratulations!

User avatar
sandwiches5000
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:54 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sandwiches5000 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:40 am

Submitted end of Oct. Under review since 11/14. :shock:

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tdicks » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:57 am

day 10 for me is sunday... i assume this means monday, not saturday?

seanPtheB
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:06 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby seanPtheB » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:14 am

tdicks wrote:day 10 for me is sunday... i assume this means monday, not saturday?


People ITT have gotten their decision emails on Sunday. So no, you should not have to wait til Monday.

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:17 pm

Is this 10-day thing only for applicants on PT or will other applicants who submitted early in the cycle hear back quickly?

(I'm about 99.999999% sure it's only PT. This is just some wishful thinking from those of us around the medians...)

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:27 pm

TMC116 wrote:Is this 10-day thing only for applicants on PT or will other applicants who submitted early in the cycle hear back quickly?

(I'm about 99.999999% sure it's only PT. This is just some wishful thinking from those of us around the medians...)

I've been complete since October 6.

Only the chosen ones hear back early.

User avatar
sn20
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sn20 » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:32 pm

AntipodeanPhil wrote:
TMC116 wrote:Is this 10-day thing only for applicants on PT or will other applicants who submitted early in the cycle hear back quickly?

(I'm about 99.999999% sure it's only PT. This is just some wishful thinking from those of us around the medians...)

I've been complete since October 6.

Only the chosen ones hear back early.


well i was accepted RD 11/15 after submitting 9/30. hope this helps

User avatar
AntipodeanPhil
Posts: 1300
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AntipodeanPhil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 pm

sn20 wrote:
AntipodeanPhil wrote:
TMC116 wrote:Is this 10-day thing only for applicants on PT or will other applicants who submitted early in the cycle hear back quickly?

(I'm about 99.999999% sure it's only PT. This is just some wishful thinking from those of us around the medians...)

I've been complete since October 6.

Only the chosen ones hear back early.

well i was accepted RD 11/15 after submitting 9/30. hope this helps

Oh - whoops. I guess I missed your post. That is good news - and congratulations!

snehpets
Posts: 1143
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:26 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby snehpets » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:24 pm

Submitted priority track on 11/9, in this morning :) good luck to all of you!

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby indigomachine » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:34 pm

In :)

I slept through the status change and email haha. I would.

User avatar
indigomachine
Posts: 476
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby indigomachine » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

snehpets wrote:Submitted priority track on 11/9, in this morning :) good luck to all of you!



Congrats!!

Mapleash
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mapleash » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:56 pm

Submitted PT on 11/9, just got on Priority Reserve. Anybody else? 171/3.73

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:58 am

Mapleash wrote:Submitted PT on 11/9, just got on Priority Reserve. Anybody else? 171/3.73


What is priority reserve? Waitlist?

Mapleash
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mapleash » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:02 am

Fancy Duke waitlist that's supposed to make me feel better or something. Not the way I was hoping to start my cycle.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:17 am

Mapleash wrote:Fancy Duke waitlist that's supposed to make me feel better or something. Not the way I was hoping to start my cycle.

I wouldn't stress out about it. As long as you don't have any egregious red flags on your app, your numbers will get you in t10, probably t6.

ETA: Did you write a why duke?

Mapleash
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:52 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mapleash » Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:58 pm

Hopefully2012 wrote:
Mapleash wrote:Fancy Duke waitlist that's supposed to make me feel better or something. Not the way I was hoping to start my cycle.

I wouldn't stress out about it. As long as you don't have any egregious red flags on your app, your numbers will get you in t10, probably t6.

ETA: Did you write a why duke?


I did. The only thing I can think of that might have raised some eyebrows in my app is the fact that I took three years off from school after high school to tour in a band. I figured it made me interesting, but maybe not. Thanks, though.

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:00 pm

^ If Duke doesn't like that then I don't like duke

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sat Nov 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Mapleash wrote:Submitted PT on 11/9, just got on Priority Reserve. Anybody else? 171/3.73



With your numbers I am sure that you are in for a great cycle anyway!

lawschool13452
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool13452 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:39 am

Mapleash wrote:
Hopefully2012 wrote:
Mapleash wrote:Fancy Duke waitlist that's supposed to make me feel better or something. Not the way I was hoping to start my cycle.

I wouldn't stress out about it. As long as you don't have any egregious red flags on your app, your numbers will get you in t10, probably t6.

ETA: Did you write a why duke?


I did. The only thing I can think of that might have raised some eyebrows in my app is the fact that I took three years off from school after high school to tour in a band. I figured it made me interesting, but maybe not. Thanks, though.


I am 172/3.6 and got the wait list too...I didn't write the Why Duke though...

How do you define "egregious red flag" lol?

User avatar
tdicks
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tdicks » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:33 am

In! 3.55/174

Sent 11/9
Complete 11/10
Accepted 11/20

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:58 am

congratulations!! :D

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:16 am

Mapleash wrote:
Hopefully2012 wrote:
Mapleash wrote:Fancy Duke waitlist that's supposed to make me feel better or something. Not the way I was hoping to start my cycle.

I wouldn't stress out about it. As long as you don't have any egregious red flags on your app, your numbers will get you in t10, probably t6.

ETA: Did you write a why duke?


I did. The only thing I can think of that might have raised some eyebrows in my app is the fact that I took three years off from school after high school to tour in a band. I figured it made me interesting, but maybe not. Thanks, though.


I think this absolutely makes you interesting and shouldn't hurt you in any way.

Duke has been PRing alot of super qualified people lately. Not sure what the thinking is other than they may just have gotten alot of PR apps this year as people become more familiar with the program and they are nervous at how this will yield.

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 pm

lawschool13452 wrote:How do you define "egregious red flag" lol?

A criminal record that points to questionable integrity, changing Why Duke to Why Penn, a four line resume, a PS strongly advocating towards one side of something extremely political/controversial--a DS about being an organizer of Occupy Wall Street (jk on the last one, sort of)... things of that nature.

User avatar
euskadi
Posts: 155
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:02 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby euskadi » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:05 pm

tdicks wrote:In! 3.55/174

Sent 11/9
Complete 11/10
Accepted 11/20


This. Numbers above 75ths. Glad to start the cycle off with an acceptance - especially at Duke!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cantexplaingottago, Google Adsense [Bot], guybourdin, hangold, Keilz, Leliana, potterotter, smartmoon, Smc1994, TecumsehSherman, TriSapien and 38 guests