Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Ok so.. My stats are 173/3.8 but I never received a priority track or fee waiver... should I be worried?

User avatar
acadec
Posts: 289
Joined: Wed May 05, 2010 2:35 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby acadec » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:47 pm

.
Last edited by acadec on Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
whitman
Posts: 819
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby whitman » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Is Duke anyone's first choice?

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:57 pm

whitman wrote:Is Duke anyone's first choice?

you could say that... :lol:

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:31 pm

acadec wrote:1. No.
2. Check your spam folder; that's where I found mine.
3. I've heard of people successfully soliciting PT invites and fee waivers from Duke, so if you still haven't heard from them in a week or two, try that.


Yeah, you're right. If I don't hear from them at all I may try and solicit one. Thanks! It is just frustrating to not get a waiver when everyone else is :x

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Eichörnchen » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 pm

freestallion wrote:
acadec wrote:1. No.
2. Check your spam folder; that's where I found mine.
3. I've heard of people successfully soliciting PT invites and fee waivers from Duke, so if you still haven't heard from them in a week or two, try that.


Yeah, you're right. If I don't hear from them at all I may try and solicit one. Thanks! It is just frustrating to not get a waiver when everyone else is :x

Eich the Oct taker is left out :(

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:30 am

Eichörnchen wrote:
freestallion wrote:
acadec wrote:1. No.
2. Check your spam folder; that's where I found mine.
3. I've heard of people successfully soliciting PT invites and fee waivers from Duke, so if you still haven't heard from them in a week or two, try that.


Yeah, you're right. If I don't hear from them at all I may try and solicit one. Thanks! It is just frustrating to not get a waiver when everyone else is :x

Eich the Oct taker is left out :(


You're going to consider going $150K or more in debt, and the $80 application fee has got you down?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:29 am

This app is buggy too. It won't save high school and college city/state data (that is required).

NOTE: Transmission of electronic applications to this law school will begin on 9/15/2011. Please return to this page at that time to transmit your application.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:48 am

Hawkeye Pierce wrote:This app is buggy too. It won't save high school and college city/state data (that is required).

NOTE: Transmission of electronic applications to this law school will begin on 9/15/2011. Please return to this page at that time to transmit your application.


Weren't we supposed to be able to submit today?

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 am

vincanity1 wrote:
Hawkeye Pierce wrote:This app is buggy too. It won't save high school and college city/state data (that is required).

NOTE: Transmission of electronic applications to this law school will begin on 9/15/2011. Please return to this page at that time to transmit your application.


Weren't we supposed to be able to submit today?


Yeah..... but I guess LSAC's new application system blows, so things are getting delayed.

bball1997
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 11:02 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bball1997 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 pm

So Duke's seemingly very strict C&F reads as follows:

2. Have you ever (i) been arrested, charged or cited for any crime or (ii) been convicted of any offense other than a minor traffic violation? (If you answer "yes," you must submit the Character and Fitness attachment. Include details, the current status of any action or judicial sanctions, and the final resolution of the issues involved.)

I was charged with a minor traffic offense and it seems like the way this is worded I still have to disclose because the minor traffic violation only applies to part (ii). It seems like their intent is to not force people to disclose minor traffic offenses though.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:27 pm

Tagged. For those asking I got PT'd with a 171.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:31 pm

bball1997 wrote:So Duke's seemingly very strict C&F reads as follows:

2. Have you ever (i) been arrested, charged or cited for any crime or (ii) been convicted of any offense other than a minor traffic violation? (If you answer "yes," you must submit the Character and Fitness attachment. Include details, the current status of any action or judicial sanctions, and the final resolution of the issues involved.)

I was charged with a minor traffic offense and it seems like the way this is worded I still have to disclose because the minor traffic violation only applies to part (ii). It seems like their intent is to not force people to disclose minor traffic offenses though.


Is a traffic offense a crime? Isn't it a civil and not a criminal matter? I don't think you have to disclose it, unless it is criminal.

gatorlaw
Posts: 224
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:16 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gatorlaw » Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:27 pm

.

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:59 pm

Fwiw, I got PT with 170/3.76. Email said it's based on "academic record," whatever that means. I'm also a Duke undergrad. I don't see any reason why that would matter, but if it's as subjective as it seems to be, that might be a factor too.

sfxx
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sfxx » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:04 am

what exactly is priority track?

similar to Cornell's early action?

User avatar
erikjc
Posts: 159
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:49 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby erikjc » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:10 am

It's a fee waiver, and you get your decision within 10 days of applying.

User avatar
basilseal
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby basilseal » Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:19 pm

PT'd 172/3.9

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15475
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:07 am

Has anyone tried soliciting priority track status?

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:10 am

So, what are people writing their Why D's about?

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:59 am

I had grand plans about focusing mine on the Guantanoma Clinic. That is truly something unique to Duke and pretty exciting for anyone really. I don't think I'll get the chance to apply. If you want to see my Why Xs at any point, just PM. I'm happy to share them with you if it would be helpful.

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:15 am

If they give me priority track, I will apply..

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:47 pm

Just submitted my app via PT, Sep 15. Should hear back before the end of Sept, I reckon.

User avatar
vincanity1
Posts: 544
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vincanity1 » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Any else have "processing incomplete file" on their status checker?

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm

vincanity1 wrote:Any else have "processing incomplete file" on their status checker?


Yep, but then when I scroll down I have red checks in box boxes regarding the CAS and Application as being complete. I think it just the default for, "we've got your app, but we haven't gotten around to really thumbing through it and declaring it complete yet." My Chicago app was complete on my end from Day 1, but it took them 4 more days for them to declare it complete and open the LORs, etc.

If you go to LSAC, once the school opens or downloads or whatever your LORs, then it has a little postal note next to it on the LOR list. Mine that are still processing don't have that.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: aaron1621, Christinabruin, longsh0305 and 13 guests