Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:05 pm

thederangedwang wrote:
Yeshia90 wrote:
At first I forgot what website was on, and was about to comment that it would be a major NCAA violation.


u an athlete? yeah that would be one, but lucky for me im a tennis player, we dont get shit...


Yeah, no. Just the kind of guy who would care if Duke got NCAA sanctions.

pineappledazzler
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pineappledazzler » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:32 pm

How long does Duke usually take to start sending out RD decisions?

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:17 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:How long does Duke usually take to start sending out RD decisions?

http://www.top-law-schools.com/decision-dates.html

Specifically: http://www.top-law-schools.com/images/d ... 0/Duke.jpg

pineappledazzler
Posts: 121
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pineappledazzler » Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:49 pm

Well, judging by that graph they should have started already, even taking into account the later application opening date!

User avatar
Hopefully2012
Posts: 465
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hopefully2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:01 pm

pineappledazzler wrote:Well, judging by that graph they should have started already, even taking into account the later application opening date!

Looks like there already has

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/roserdozer/jd
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/loLSAT/jd

It could be possible that people from previous/this cycle just didn't bother to specify "SP" application on LSN. HTH

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thatkid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:02 am

No rest for the kind admissions officers in Durham- my status changed to "Decision made; watch for email" on a Sunday!!

-terror- :shock:

spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:59 pm

thatkid wrote:No rest for the kind admissions officers in Durham- my status changed to "Decision made; watch for email" on a Sunday!!

-terror- :shock:


Just saw my status change too. Didn't think I would hear back on a Sunday; I'm so nervous.

ETA: I actually got the acceptance email earlier this morning but my phone didn't sync it until just now.

User avatar
medialoop
Posts: 41
Joined: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby medialoop » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Are there still no rejections/waitlists for PT folks? I haven't seen any on LSN, and maybe no one wants to be the first to say they were denied... I was just curious. And really hoping I won't be the one to break that trend... (still under review)

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

spek wrote:
thatkid wrote:No rest for the kind admissions officers in Durham- my status changed to "Decision made; watch for email" on a Sunday!!

-terror- :shock:


Just saw my status change too. Didn't think I would hear back on a Sunday; I'm so nervous.

ETA: I actually got the acceptance email earlier this morning but my phone didn't sync it until just now.


Congrats!

User avatar
thatkid
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:36 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thatkid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:55 pm

medialoop wrote:Are there still no rejections/waitlists for PT folks? I haven't seen any on LSN, and maybe no one wants to be the first to say they were denied... I was just curious. And really hoping I won't be the one to break that trend... (still under review)


I can only add to the trend of PT kids getting in. :D It definitely seems like PT is not being used for YP, so I highly doubt you'll break the trend.

User avatar
baconpuffs
Posts: 154
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby baconpuffs » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm

medialoop wrote:Are there still no rejections/waitlists for PT folks? I haven't seen any on LSN, and maybe no one wants to be the first to say they were denied... I was just curious. And really hoping I won't be the one to break that trend... (still under review)

I was deferred :/

ignatiusr
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ignatiusr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:46 pm

baconpuffs wrote:
medialoop wrote:Are there still no rejections/waitlists for PT folks? I haven't seen any on LSN, and maybe no one wants to be the first to say they were denied... I was just curious. And really hoping I won't be the one to break that trend... (still under review)

I was deferred :/


I must not understand your use of deferred; do you mean held? Isn't deferral something you elect to do, rather than something that's done to you? Also- any thoughts on what might have been a cause for concern on your app? My PT response is looming and I'm becoming paranoid about the weaknesses in my own app.

User avatar
rotaxkarter
Posts: 160
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rotaxkarter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:29 pm

Acceptance email 10/23, went complete on 10/14 PT

MumofCad
Posts: 974
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MumofCad » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:55 am

ignatiusr wrote:
baconpuffs wrote:
medialoop wrote:Are there still no rejections/waitlists for PT folks? I haven't seen any on LSN, and maybe no one wants to be the first to say they were denied... I was just curious. And really hoping I won't be the one to break that trend... (still under review)

I was deferred :/


I must not understand your use of deferred; do you mean held? Isn't deferral something you elect to do, rather than something that's done to you? Also- any thoughts on what might have been a cause for concern on your app? My PT response is looming and I'm becoming paranoid about the weaknesses in my own app.


I think he means "held." And I doubt it had anything to do with anything in his application being any cause for concern. If you look at LSP for example, almost all of the people who have gotten in through PT are auto-admits, they are "reaches" for Duke, and its hoping to attract some of them by admitting all of them through PT to up those odds. On the other hand, for some reason, they also grant PT status to some who are "considers" by the numbers. His being held just means that - they are going to actually weigh and consider his application with the larger applicant pool in mind. Whether they even read everything in his application at this point before making the decision to do so....who knows...its possible they didn't and just made the determination based on his numbers profile.

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 am

File complete; ready for review as of 10/20. I am RD... Any thoughts on hearing back soon? LSN says they should be rolling out those emails right about now. :shock:

User avatar
sn20
Posts: 157
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:36 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby sn20 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:31 am

MiamiOxford wrote:File complete; ready for review as of 10/20. I am RD... Any thoughts on hearing back soon? LSN says they should be rolling out those emails right about now. :shock:


I applied RD and was ready for review 10/3....still waiting haha

User avatar
MiamiOxford
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:50 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MiamiOxford » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 am

sn20 wrote:
MiamiOxford wrote:File complete; ready for review as of 10/20. I am RD... Any thoughts on hearing back soon? LSN says they should be rolling out those emails right about now. :shock:


I applied RD and was ready for review 10/3....still waiting haha


I don't think it will be too much longer. I'm guessing around mid-november... Hopefully :D

cmd72215
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cmd72215 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:31 pm

I haven't really been posting but I know some people were asking about when RD people would go under review. I went complete on 9/22 and went under review this morning.

ignatiusr
Posts: 61
Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ignatiusr » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:45 am

Complete 10/17, accepted PT 10/24. Wasn't expecting to hear back until Wed/Thurs. What a relief to get into a school I'd be comfortable attending this early in the cycle.

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm

What's up everyone checking in with my shiny, new LSAT score. Would anyone know if 170, 3.9+ would qualify for PT? I'm about to do some solicited fee waiver emails ut I'm wondering whether I should hold off until the admissions office does a search for the new applicant pool to invite more PT people? Thanks a lot for your input.

lawyerwannabe
Posts: 945
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:39 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawyerwannabe » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:05 pm

Come to Duke! Bi-weekly softball games and weekly bowling league!

User avatar
Yeshia90
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Yeshia90 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:09 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:Come to Duke! Bi-weekly softball games and weekly bowling league!


Is it weird that the prospect of softball is a serious draw to Duke for me?

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:11 pm

Yeshia90 wrote:
lawyerwannabe wrote:Come to Duke! Bi-weekly softball games and weekly bowling league!


Is it weird that the prospect of softball is a serious draw to Duke for me?


Quidditch is a serious draw to Duke for me.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beachbum » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:33 pm

lawyerwannabe wrote:Come to Duke! Bi-weekly softball games and weekly bowling league!


+1, bowling is awesome. At least, it's awesome until you go through two pitchers and have to wake up for your 8:25 class.

anewaphorist
Posts: 382
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:13 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anewaphorist » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:36 pm

Submitted. LSAC Complete, waiting for Duke Complete.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”