Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
CommoBlue
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CommoBlue » Sun May 20, 2012 9:53 pm

yup, hopefully no one else filled out the survey though... :wink:

User avatar
anon2015
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue May 01, 2012 12:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anon2015 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:59 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Did everyone still on the WL get the e-mail Friday? Asking if you want to stay on the WL

Yup

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Mon May 21, 2012 4:28 pm

will a loci help at this point?

I have been on the waitlist for ~3 months, and I don't really have anything new to add (as an update); i've pretty much just been working the whole time.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon May 21, 2012 4:33 pm

T00L wrote:will a loci help at this point?

I have been on the waitlist for ~3 months, and I don't really have anything new to add (as an update); i've pretty much just been working the whole time.


Have you already sent one? Could you add anything meaningful?

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Mon May 21, 2012 4:39 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
T00L wrote:will a loci help at this point?

I have been on the waitlist for ~3 months, and I don't really have anything new to add (as an update); i've pretty much just been working the whole time.


Have you already sent one? Could you add anything meaningful?


No... I have been prompt with responding to the survey(s) about wishing to remain on the waiting list... (honestly all these schools are bleeding together now so I cant remember exactly what the duke procedure was), but I haven't sent an official LOCI at all...

At this point I wouldn't be able to add anything meaningful (at least, nothing I think that matters). I was just wondering if that tiny extra "personal touch" would help right around now...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon May 21, 2012 5:38 pm

T00L wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
T00L wrote:will a loci help at this point?

I have been on the waitlist for ~3 months, and I don't really have anything new to add (as an update); i've pretty much just been working the whole time.


Have you already sent one? Could you add anything meaningful?


No... I have been prompt with responding to the survey(s) about wishing to remain on the waiting list... (honestly all these schools are bleeding together now so I cant remember exactly what the duke procedure was), but I haven't sent an official LOCI at all...

At this point I wouldn't be able to add anything meaningful (at least, nothing I think that matters). I was just wondering if that tiny extra "personal touch" would help right around now...


Probably wouldn't hurt...might not make a difference either. I for one have sent in more than 1 LOCI and have not heard anything....other who got off the waitlist already sent in nothing extra

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Tue May 22, 2012 9:08 pm

Been in the PR List since 2/16. Got admitted last week and today got a scholly of $67,500. Was all prepared to attend elsewhere. Back to decision making mode I suppose.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:37 pm

nfohey wrote:Been in the PR List since 2/16. Got admitted last week and today got a scholly of $67,500. Was all prepared to attend elsewhere. Back to decision making mode I suppose.

168, 3.8 and I can't even get off the WL.....

nfohey
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:06 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nfohey » Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 am

msblaw89 wrote:
nfohey wrote:Been in the PR List since 2/16. Got admitted last week and today got a scholly of $67,500. Was all prepared to attend elsewhere. Back to decision making mode I suppose.

168, 3.8 and I can't even get off the WL.....


Hang in there. They must have had a really strange cycle if they left me hanging for 3 months only to offer that kind of money. They're probably not done.

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rickgrimes69 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:14 am

nfohey wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
nfohey wrote:Been in the PR List since 2/16. Got admitted last week and today got a scholly of $67,500. Was all prepared to attend elsewhere. Back to decision making mode I suppose.

168, 3.8 and I can't even get off the WL.....


Hang in there. They must have had a really strange cycle if they left me hanging for 3 months only to offer that kind of money. They're probably not done.


Agreed. I had almost exactly your numbers and I got in off WL with 54k.

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2915
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu May 24, 2012 3:48 pm

any movement for anyone on the waitlist? Duke is really my only school that I would still consider switching for, since I want to work in the South.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu May 24, 2012 4:54 pm

franklyscarlet wrote:any movement for anyone on the waitlist? Duke is really my only school that I would still consider switching for, since I want to work in the South.


I wish

User avatar
bigeast03
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:21 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby bigeast03 » Wed May 30, 2012 12:56 am

I got in on Saturday (2/26) with a $67.5k scholarship off the waitlist! I'm extremely excited, but more than a little unsure. I had been all set to go to Vandy- paid my deposit and went apartment hunting- but I don't know if I can pass up this offer from Duke!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed May 30, 2012 11:58 am

Anyone else?

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Wed May 30, 2012 2:31 pm

bigeast03 wrote:I got in on Saturday (2/26) with a $67.5k scholarship off the waitlist! I'm extremely excited, but more than a little unsure. I had been all set to go to Vandy- paid my deposit and went apartment hunting- but I don't know if I can pass up this offer from Duke!



Congrats! Take Duke and prosper!

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beachbum » Wed May 30, 2012 7:07 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
bigeast03 wrote:I got in on Saturday (2/26) with a $67.5k scholarship off the waitlist! I'm extremely excited, but more than a little unsure. I had been all set to go to Vandy- paid my deposit and went apartment hunting- but I don't know if I can pass up this offer from Duke!



Congrats! Take Duke and prosper!


+1. I dunno how much money you have from Vandy, but it'd have to be a hell of a lot to trump that offer from Duke. Congrats.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:16 pm

Withdrew today - I hope my money and spot go to someone who's really hopeful. I got off another WL today!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:31 pm

quaker10 wrote:Withdrew today - I hope my money and spot go to someone who's really hopeful. I got off another WL today!

Can you tell them to give me your spot?

TMC116
Posts: 287
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TMC116 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:28 am

In off the waitlist, with money. Hello Durham.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:48 pm

Have WL acceptances died down?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Got in today. I'll probably withdraw very soon.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:46 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Got in today. I'll probably withdraw very soon.

I love you, but congrats on getting off to begin with

ricsllscir
Posts: 150
Joined: Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:45 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ricsllscir » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:51 am

msblaw89 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:Got in today. I'll probably withdraw very soon.

I love you, but congrats on getting off to begin with


If i had a dollar every time this was said to me....

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 am

JamMasterJ wrote:Got in today. I'll probably withdraw very soon.



Congrats Jam :D

nailglue
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nailglue » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:55 am

Withdrew this morning. I hope that a deserving person gets my spot and money!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”