Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:41 pm

msblaw89 wrote:nada hoy?


Nope :( :(

manana?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:54 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:nada hoy?


Nope :( :(

manana?


manana o semana proxima! Quiero Duke!!

nailglue
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:52 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nailglue » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 pm

Just in case this helps some of you out, I got in off the waitlist last Sunday via email. They sent me the scholarship form Monday morning, and I printed, signed, scanned, and emailed it back within an hour. They sent me financial aid info on Tuesday, so it was a really quick turnaround.

But still, Sunday of all days.

gman1978
Posts: 56
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:47 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gman1978 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:40 am

I just wrote to officially withdraw from Duke. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:22 am

gman1978 wrote:I just wrote to officially withdraw from Duke. Good luck to those on the waitlist!


Thanks!

hanman
Posts: 97
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:42 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hanman » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:15 pm

if this helps: i had a couple of email exchanges with dean hoye this week and he said they would be moving 'very quickly' next week re: waitlisted applicants and disbursing scholarship funds etc as they are freed up (as deposit deadline is today). he wrote that they want to get back to those on the waitlist asap.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:44 pm

hanman wrote:if this helps: i had a couple of email exchanges with dean hoye this week and he said they would be moving 'very quickly' next week re: waitlisted applicants and disbursing scholarship funds etc as they are freed up (as deposit deadline is today). he wrote that they want to get back to those on the waitlist asap.

Thanks for the info!

hobojarpen
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:31 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hobojarpen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:52 pm

hanman wrote:if this helps: i had a couple of email exchanges with dean hoye this week and he said they would be moving 'very quickly' next week re: waitlisted applicants and disbursing scholarship funds etc as they are freed up (as deposit deadline is today). he wrote that they want to get back to those on the waitlist asap.


After wrestling between UVA and Cornell, Duke decided to admit me off its waitlist today and said I'm eligible for a scholarship. This just got a lot more complicated.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:03 pm

I wonder if they contact all WL for the day at the same time? or is it rolling?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Man...I feel so sad

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:35 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I wonder if they contact all WL for the day at the same time? or is it rolling?


Definitely rolling since I was notified on Wednesay night. I also don't think that everyone taken off the WL will enroll so that will open up spots for others on the WL.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:03 am

Any movement over the weekend?

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iphone7 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:29 am

I got off the waitlist on Friday and sent my scholarship form in before 4. Here's hoping they let me know soon! I've been researching Duke all weekend and I really want to go...

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:38 am

iphone7 wrote:I got off the waitlist on Friday and sent my scholarship form in before 4. Here's hoping they let me know soon! I've been researching Duke all weekend and I really want to go...


Also sent mine in Friday - are they scholarship friendly to those off the WL?

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyeger87 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:41 am

quaker10 wrote:
iphone7 wrote:I got off the waitlist on Friday and sent my scholarship form in before 4. Here's hoping they let me know soon! I've been researching Duke all weekend and I really want to go...


Also sent mine in Friday - are they scholarship friendly to those off the WL?


i would say they were pretty nice - got an ok scholly

User avatar
iphone7
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iphone7 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:19 pm

Tyeger87 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:
iphone7 wrote:I got off the waitlist on Friday and sent my scholarship form in before 4. Here's hoping they let me know soon! I've been researching Duke all weekend and I really want to go...


Also sent mine in Friday - are they scholarship friendly to those off the WL?


i would say they were pretty nice - got an ok scholly


It seems like they could be since we're probably taking the place of someone with a scholarship who withdrew.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:56 pm

I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?

User avatar
chellypip
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chellypip » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:33 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


+1

Has everyone who's been accepted off of the waitlist sent in a LOCI?

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyeger87 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:50 pm

chellypip wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


+1

Has everyone who's been accepted off of the waitlist sent in a LOCI?


I did not

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:51 pm

Tyeger87 wrote:
chellypip wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


+1

Has everyone who's been accepted off of the waitlist sent in a LOCI?


I did not

Nor did I

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:56 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


same :( i've also sent 2 LOCI now...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:01 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


same :( i've also sent 2 LOCI now...


I'm starting to think WL admits up to this point has been solely a numbers thing, given that many who got in did not send any supplemental material....I have have just done about everything imaginable to get off the WL ( non-creepy of course)

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:08 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


same :( i've also sent 2 LOCI now...


I'm starting to think WL admits up to this point has been solely a numbers thing, given that many who got in did not send any supplemental material....I have have just done about everything imaginable to get off the WL ( non-creepy of course)



non-creepy, though earlier in the thread you expressed that you were entertaining sending naked pics. hahaha

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:24 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm happy for those who got in, but def sad I haven't heard anything. I thought I had a pretty good shot at getting off the WL, but since more than a handful have been admitted off the WL my hope is dwindling...FAST. I mean how many people can they actually admit off the WL?


same :( i've also sent 2 LOCI now...


I'm starting to think WL admits up to this point has been solely a numbers thing, given that many who got in did not send any supplemental material....I have have just done about everything imaginable to get off the WL ( non-creepy of course)



non-creepy, though earlier in the thread you expressed that you were entertaining sending naked pics. hahaha


That was the Penn thread ...I think

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawyler » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:39 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:non-creepy, though earlier in the thread you expressed that you were entertaining sending naked pics. hahaha


That was the Penn thread ...I think


Yeah that was me.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: acr, hellohalo, malysh, spursforever, taxman14 and 23 guests