Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:16 pm

unchartered wrote:To the poor, emasculated spouse of this berserko, wound up poster woman:
Don't lose hope. There's a safe haven for you...
http://www.batteredhusbandssupport.com (real website, too)

Let's get back on track here, any waitlist movement today? I'm PRWL for summer start JD/LLM.



Yes, a gatorapplicant was accepted last week

User avatar
unchartered
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:07 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby unchartered » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Thanks msblaw.

Hopefully more to come. Really, classes start like tomorrow right? Lol

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

unchartered wrote:Thanks msblaw.

Hopefully more to come. Really, classes start like tomorrow right? Lol


Sorry, I may have misguided you! gatorapplicant was accepted to the JD/MA summer start program. I'm sure that is very different from JD/LLM. Regardless, I hope you get in!

maxpower430
Posts: 410
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:16 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby maxpower430 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Withdrew yesterday, good luck to everyone still waiting.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:57 pm

maxpower430 wrote:Withdrew yesterday, good luck to everyone still waiting.


Much appreciated

User avatar
Nelson
Posts: 2061
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:43 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Nelson » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Also withdrew today. Hopefully my spot and scholly goes to another TLSer.

beckyfargo
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beckyfargo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Dean got back with information about when they will finish admissions, so that was nice. Good luck to everyone waiting, I see I'm not the only one who needs to vent frustration around here :p Hope that they still will admit some people this late and that they admit more on the waitlist soon! :)

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:42 pm

unchartered wrote:To the poor, emasculated spouse of this berserko, wound up poster woman:
Don't lose hope. There's a safe haven for you...
http://www.batteredhusbandssupport.com (real website, too)

Let's get back on track here, any waitlist movement today? I'm PRWL for summer start JD/LLM.


Haha. perfect

fakehunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakehunter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm

Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:06 pm

fakehunter wrote:Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?

uhhh lucky

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:07 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
fakehunter wrote:Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?

uhhh lucky

If you were accepted before the deposit deadline...you have to put a deposit down on that deadline...which I believe is the 27th?

fakehunter
Posts: 141
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:27 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fakehunter » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:20 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
fakehunter wrote:Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?

uhhh lucky

If you were accepted before the deposit deadline...you have to put a deposit down on that deadline...which I believe is the 27th?


Thanks! It's weird though because I haven't been officially accepted until the Financial Aid office emails me a financial aid/scholarship form and I submit it, which will hopefully happen soon? Maybe they'll tell me more info then.

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 pm

fake hunter wrote: Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?


+1 with a 167/3.85..also wondering about this deadline. I guess they want to protect their yield so they don't want officially admit us yet. I'm hoping that if you wait a day or two to "accept" they can't make you deposit so quickly.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:59 pm

quaker10 wrote:
fake hunter wrote: Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?


+1 with a 167/3.85..also wondering about this deadline. I guess they want to protect their yield so they don't want officially admit us yet. I'm hoping that if you wait a day or two to "accept" they can't make you deposit so quickly.

I'm wondering what's wrong with me :-(

User avatar
T00L
Posts: 600
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby T00L » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 pm

fakehunter wrote:Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?


Damn. Those are exactly my numbers.

beckyfargo
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby beckyfargo » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:55 pm

congrats quaker10. Just got email about their deadlines so hopefully more good news for everyone soon.

User avatar
cylon_clone
Posts: 187
Joined: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:21 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cylon_clone » Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:39 pm

I'm withdrawing tonight. So, any URMs on the wl might be getting an email soon.

User avatar
chellypip
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:22 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby chellypip » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 am

cylon_clone wrote:I'm withdrawing tonight. So, any URMs on the wl might be getting an email soon.


*gasp* I hope so! Much appreciated! :)

Tyeger87
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Tyeger87 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:02 am

got word that my deposit date is May 11 - for all those folks recently accepted, it would be the same im guessing

this is a mad tough decision

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:16 am

beckyfargo wrote:congrats quaker10. Just got email about their deadlines so hopefully more good news for everyone soon.


I got the financial aid email but nothing about deadlines..hmm. I was impressed, however, that Dean Hoye responded to my email via mobile device last night.

shane0515
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:14 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby shane0515 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:42 am

Do you guys have any idea if all the summer start acceptances have been made for people on the waitlist? Do you have a guesstimate of how many more people they will admit for summer start from the waitlist?

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JamMasterJ » Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:43 am

msblaw89 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:
fake hunter wrote: Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?


+1 with a 167/3.85..also wondering about this deadline. I guess they want to protect their yield so they don't want officially admit us yet. I'm hoping that if you wait a day or two to "accept" they can't make you deposit so quickly.

I'm wondering what's wrong with me :-(

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:17 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
quaker10 wrote:
fake hunter wrote: Just got off the waitlist with a 169/3.65 (For the record, I never sent in any LOCI or anything.) It didn't specify in my acceptance email what the deadline to decided was - does anybody know this information, before I go annoying Dean Hoye about it?


+1 with a 167/3.85..also wondering about this deadline. I guess they want to protect their yield so they don't want officially admit us yet. I'm hoping that if you wait a day or two to "accept" they can't make you deposit so quickly.

I'm wondering what's wrong with me :-(

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:26 pm

Jam and Gravity...I think today is our day! Or I hope so

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:37 pm

nada hoy?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chipotle85, flowering, legallyadog, potatoes, stewhan, taxman14 and 16 guests