Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am

msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


i'm in this club. i'm a splitter for duke, but i refuse to panic until one of our cohorts is admitted.

spiritniffler189
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:04 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spiritniffler189 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:40 am

msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


I haven't. I had expected to hear back from them by now...submitted 11/1

quaker10
Posts: 205
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby quaker10 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 am

spiritniffler189 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


I haven't. I had expected to hear back from them by now...submitted 11/1


I've been UR since 10/24 and haven't heard a thing. I'm a reverse splitter so I'd assumed they would sit on my app for a while...but at this point I just want to hear something!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:56 am

quaker10 wrote:
spiritniffler189 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


I haven't. I had expected to hear back from them by now...submitted 11/1


I've been UR since 10/24 and haven't heard a thing. I'm a reverse splitter so I'd assumed they would sit on my app for a while...but at this point I just want to hear something!

Agreed. Good or bad (preferably good ;-) ) I would like to start figuring stuff out.

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:00 pm

emcoast32 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


i'm in this club. i'm a splitter for duke, but i refuse to panic until one of our cohorts is admitted.

Also 11/28 .... My LSAT is slightly low for Duke but I wrote a why duke..hmmm. I agree no reason to freak out unless someone w/ 11/28 date does get admitted

vguerra
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby vguerra » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:21 pm

so_fetch wrote:
emcoast32 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:Has any 11/28 1st UR RD moved since?


i'm in this club. i'm a splitter for duke, but i refuse to panic until one of our cohorts is admitted.

Also 11/28 .... My LSAT is slightly low for Duke but I wrote a why duke..hmmm. I agree no reason to freak out unless someone w/ 11/28 date does get admitted


UR RD since 11/14, no movement since

User avatar
mickeyD
Posts: 357
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mickeyD » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm

11/28 UR crew here. Got priority reserve right after Christmas, sent in a LOCI on Tuesday. Nothing since.

semantic
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:24 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby semantic » Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Congrats erybody!

How long in between the acceptance and financial aid email? I got in a few weeks ago.

Is there another way to apply for scholarships/fin. aid?

nametaken
Posts: 385
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:23 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby nametaken » Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:27 pm

semantic wrote:Congrats erybody!

How long in between the acceptance and financial aid email? I got in a few weeks ago.

Is there another way to apply for scholarships/fin. aid?


I got in about a month ago and just got the financial aid e-mail this week, so it should be coming!

User avatar
hypothalamus
Posts: 745
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hypothalamus » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:24 pm

nametaken wrote:
semantic wrote:Congrats erybody!

How long in between the acceptance and financial aid email? I got in a few weeks ago.

Is there another way to apply for scholarships/fin. aid?


I got in about a month ago and just got the financial aid e-mail this week, so it should be coming!


Dean Hoye said they will start reviewing financial aid and scholarship applications in late January.

User avatar
mrmojojak
Posts: 92
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:54 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mrmojojak » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:46 pm

vguerra wrote:
UR RD since 11/14, no movement since

+1

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm

In just now via email!

User avatar
Take Two
Posts: 552
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:30 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Take Two » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:28 pm

cerealdan wrote:In just now via email!


Congrats! :D

User avatar
Lemon Lyman
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Lemon Lyman » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:45 pm

In via email! Sent 11/17, Under Review 12/22 and 1/6. Anybody started looking at housing yet?

User avatar
Onthebrink
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Onthebrink » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:27 am

In via email on Jan 6 as well. I can't begin to talk about what a fantastic relief this all is, this is my first response of any kind from a law school. Here is to a successful cycle for everyone!

ccmbr006
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:34 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ccmbr006 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Onthebrink wrote:In via email on Jan 6 as well. I can't begin to talk about what a fantastic relief this all is, this is my first response of any kind from a law school. Here is to a successful cycle for everyone!


When did you go complete?

User avatar
Onthebrink
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:45 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Onthebrink » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:18 pm

ccmbr006 wrote:
Onthebrink wrote:In via email on Jan 6 as well. I can't begin to talk about what a fantastic relief this all is, this is my first response of any kind from a law school. Here is to a successful cycle for everyone!


When did you go complete?


I received the email from them confirming my application around Thanksgiving. I would assume that is when I went complete, though, to be honest, I am still sorting out which applications are only going complete now that I have my December LSAT score.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:54 pm

Congratulations everyone!!!

I've heard Duke is kind to reverse splitters. Is this true?

justinp
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby justinp » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:06 pm

In via email.

176/3.82

User avatar
Hawkeye Pierce
Posts: 1261
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:18 am

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Hawkeye Pierce » Mon Jan 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Just withdrew my application.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:28 pm

Is Duke typically this slow with RD? UR since 11/28 along with quite a few others

User avatar
so_fetch
Posts: 257
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:37 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby so_fetch » Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:36 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Is Duke typically this slow with RD? UR since 11/28 along with quite a few others

Same... blegh

User avatar
JustE
Posts: 1330
Joined: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby JustE » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:11 pm

UR as of today. Good luck everyone!

emcoast32
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:15 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby emcoast32 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:59 pm

msblaw89 wrote:Is Duke typically this slow with RD? UR since 11/28 along with quite a few others


i guess they are serious about the "priority" in PT.

User avatar
mmk33
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 1:32 pm

Re: Duke c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby mmk33 » Mon Jan 09, 2012 4:26 pm

JustE wrote:UR as of today. Good luck everyone!


congrats. when did you submit?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 20171lhopeful, acz26, chili_davis, Chipotle85, christinaxcarrie, dojodawg, Google Adsense [Bot], Guyver, lawcapture, Leliana, longsh0305, mccracal, notorious_mig, sonyco, stewhan, Thelaw23, ThorB, Yahoo [Bot] and 51 guests