Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:29 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:Congrats to those who got in today! Hopefully this means we'll be seeing some movement on the 11/22 front! :)



This! +1

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Congrats to those who got in today! Hopefully this means we'll be seeing some movement on the 11/22 front! :)



This! +1

tamereth
Posts: 178
Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:10 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tamereth » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:32 pm

UR 10/17, feeling less and less hopeful. -sigh-

flavoredtootsie
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:59 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby flavoredtootsie » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:37 pm

Just got in via email!
Last edited by flavoredtootsie on Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:38 pm

flavoredtootsie wrote:Just got in via email! Complete 12/5, UR 12/12, Non-URM, 3.9, 172


Congrats!

*Starts nervously checking email every 2 minutes.*

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:54 pm

Got the acceptance package today after an acceptance by phone on 11/30 and by email on 12/12. I find it verrry interesting that you must respond the offer of acceptance a mere DAY after the ASW. Stanford’s ASW isn’t even held until 5 days after the day we have to respond by. Eek.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:19 pm

AmandaPB wrote:Got the acceptance package today after an acceptance by phone on 11/30 and by email on 12/12. I find it verrry interesting that you must respond the offer of acceptance a mere DAY after the ASW. Stanford’s ASW isn’t even held until 5 days after the day we have to respond by. Eek.

I was pretty surprised too. That deadline is for "tentatively" responding, though. Not sure what that means, but I guess we have a bit of wiggle room there. But I found it kind of strange.

And CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted today!!!

User avatar
AmandaPB
Posts: 430
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby AmandaPB » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:30 pm

curiouscat wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:Got the acceptance package today after an acceptance by phone on 11/30 and by email on 12/12. I find it verrry interesting that you must respond the offer of acceptance a mere DAY after the ASW. Stanford’s ASW isn’t even held until 5 days after the day we have to respond by. Eek.

I was pretty surprised too. That deadline is for "tentatively" responding, though. Not sure what that means, but I guess we have a bit of wiggle room there. But I found it kind of strange.

And CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted today!!!

Yeah, I’m not sure what “tentatively” means in this instance, either, but they really don’t give you a lot of time to come home and think about your visit.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:31 pm

wphr wrote:CONGRATULATIONS! so amazing :)!!
can i ask when you submitted?


I submitted at the end of October. I think I just missed being included in the previous UR (10/27, I'm not sure of the exact date) batch. And congrats to you on your KB1!! I would kill for one of those :)

arez
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:43 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby arez » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:32 pm

AmandaPB wrote:
curiouscat wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:Got the acceptance package today after an acceptance by phone on 11/30 and by email on 12/12. I find it verrry interesting that you must respond the offer of acceptance a mere DAY after the ASW. Stanford’s ASW isn’t even held until 5 days after the day we have to respond by. Eek.

I was pretty surprised too. That deadline is for "tentatively" responding, though. Not sure what that means, but I guess we have a bit of wiggle room there. But I found it kind of strange.

And CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted today!!!

Yeah, I’m not sure what “tentatively” means in this instance, either, but they really don’t give you a lot of time to come home and think about your visit.


Maybe "tentatively" refers to the fact that Berkeley doesn't require a seat deposit?

jojob1
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:19 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jojob1 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:54 pm

what do you guys mean by writing a "Why Berkeley?"... is this a separate addendum? or included in the PS?

freestallion
Posts: 944
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby freestallion » Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:59 pm

jojob1 wrote:what do you guys mean by writing a "Why Berkeley?"... is this a separate addendum? or included in the PS?

I think many people extend their PS and add a section at the end specifically about Berkeley. Since Berkeley allows 4 pages (and seems to encourage utilizing this extra space), it can make sense to add something about Berkeley as part of the PS. I extended my PS to a total of 3 pages and the 3rd page was basically a Why Berkeley.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Wow, should've never checked this thread. Was pretty sure we weren't going to be seeing any movement, Ive been happily mindless at work. Now I see people that went UR from 12/12 are already getting in. I have a feeling Berkeley's going to be a long wait for me being a URM splitter, but damn this mystique isn't making it easier.

Grats to everyone in today, anyone who submitted after 11/15 in?

Virgil777
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:35 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Virgil777 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Deleted.
Last edited by Virgil777 on Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:49 pm

flavoredtootsie wrote:Just got in via email! Complete 12/5, UR 12/12, Non-URM, 3.9, 172


I am also of the UR 12/12 variety but went complete 12/9. Haven't received any emails or calls today; hoping its becuase they review files in the order in which they go complete...

If I don't hear by this week, should I assume a ding is in the cards?

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 pm

Virgil777 wrote:
gaud wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:Congrats to those who got in today! Hopefully this means we'll be seeing some movement on the 11/22 front! :)



This! +1


+3.


11/22 here, checking in. Godspeed to us all.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:09 pm

have rejections started?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:11 pm

I'm joining the 11-22 crowd!

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:17 pm

curiouscat wrote:
AmandaPB wrote:Got the acceptance package today after an acceptance by phone on 11/30 and by email on 12/12. I find it verrry interesting that you must respond the offer of acceptance a mere DAY after the ASW. Stanford’s ASW isn’t even held until 5 days after the day we have to respond by. Eek.

I was pretty surprised too. That deadline is for "tentatively" responding, though. Not sure what that means, but I guess we have a bit of wiggle room there. But I found it kind of strange.

And CONGRATS to everyone who got accepted today!!!



What does this mean you have to respond? Do other schools besides berkeley and Stanford have this requirement? I've been accepted a few places and have not formally responded anywhere.

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:18 pm

msblaw89 wrote:I'm joining the 11-22 crowd!


+ 1 there are a ton of us

Moultdog
Posts: 56
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Moultdog » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:24 pm

jpal13 wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:I'm joining the 11-22 crowd!


+ 1 there are a ton of us


Ich auch

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:25 pm

Respond as in let them know if you want to attend Berkeley or decline. From the packet: "In deference to the people on our waiting list, your deadline to respond to this offer of admission, either tentatively or definitively, is April 16, 2012." All schools will ask you to accept or decline eventually. April 16 is just earlier than usual.

poe
Posts: 301
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:23 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby poe » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:59 pm

In the email that went out before the letters, it says this:

"Our response system will allow you either to commit to us immediately or to hold a place in our entering class until June 1, when we will ask you to make a final commitment."

So it sounds like you can tentatively "hold a place" by April 16, but you don't need to make a final commitment until June.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:04 am

Make sense. So basically the equivalent of paying a seat deposit, just cheaper. :)

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:36 am

Checking in with the 11/22 group.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”