Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm

Just got an under review e-mail 11/22, though my status was under review as of 11/14

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:42 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:Just got my under review email (yes, of course my heart skipped a beat--anything with a .edu makes my heart skip lol)

Good luck to all you kids!

Same here. The weird part is I submitted my application only a few days ago.

CaliforniaGurl
Posts: 145
Joined: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:03 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby CaliforniaGurl » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:44 pm

KevinP wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:Just got my under review email (yes, of course my heart skipped a beat--anything with a .edu makes my heart skip lol)

Good luck to all you kids!

Same here. The weird part is I submitted my application only a few days ago.


+1. just submitted last week. i definitely appreciate the pace though. can't say the same for some of the other schools unfortunately... :|

User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby outsidethescope » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:45 pm

Berkeley Batch #2, Unite!!!

Image

Here's to hoping we hear good news before Christmas!!!

Buffer1212
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:13 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Buffer1212 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:47 pm

Under review 11/22 as well!

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:48 pm

outsidethescope wrote:Berkeley Batch #2, Unite!!!

Image

Here's to hoping we hear good news before Christmas!!!


I thought the first batch would continue today. It seems like it was very small if already over.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby KevinP » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:54 pm

CaliforniaGurl wrote:+1. just submitted last week. i definitely appreciate the pace though. can't say the same for some of the other schools unfortunately... :|

Agreed on the slow pace for some schools (looking at you, UMich). I'm especially anxious to hear back from Berkeley. It is one of my top choices, and the unpredictably of admissions isn't exactly uplifting.

User avatar
outsidethescope
Posts: 164
Joined: Mon May 23, 2011 3:06 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby outsidethescope » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
I thought the first batch would continue today. It seems like it was very small if already over.


I'm thinking Batch#1 includes those that went UR at the end of October and have begun receiving phone calls. They will probably continue receiving acceptance calls through the next couple weeks. Batch #2 would be those of us who went UR this week. I'm hoping we hear in less than a month (though it might not be until early January)

Then again, I know NOTHING. I don't have an "in" and I've never applied to LS before. This is why you should take everything I say with a lot of salt--like the amount in a McDonald's XL french fry box. I'm only providing commentary because this is the internet, the Petri dish where unfounded opinion commentary thrives and spreads.

:D

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:07 pm

UR :D gee, hope they like me.

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:10 pm

My hope is that batch 2 is only those of us posting here. With only 20 or so files to review, they could get to us by tomorrow!

Amiright?

pdeturk
Posts: 128
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pdeturk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:11 pm

Applied Sunday (11-20) Went complete yesterday (11-21), under review today (11-22).... damn they're fast.

lawschool13452
Posts: 19
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool13452 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:12 pm

Just got the e-mail! UR 11/22!

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Campagnolo wrote:My hope is that batch 2 is only those of us posting here. With only 20 or so files to review, they could get to us by tomorrow!

Amiright?


+1. here is to hoping.

User avatar
boalthopeful
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby boalthopeful » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:20 pm

hobojarpen wrote:Application just went from being complete (11/10) to UR (11/22).


+1

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:26 pm

Any figured out how long between UR email and phone calls?

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:28 pm

EMZE wrote:Any figured out how long between UR email and phone calls?


I wouldn't pay attention to the previous batch. I'm presuming our batch has more people in it.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Also got the UR email, I think I had gone complete on 11/10.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:57 pm

I just got my UR email too, submitted last week so that's pleasant. Although with my laughable Berkeley GPA I doubt it's happening lol.

It doesn't look like too many people didn't go UR today, let's hope they didn't just mass mail everyone that just to give us some thanksgiving hope.

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Prop 209

Postby Champion » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:10 pm

MikulJaxin wrote:Not to be a bitch, but how did someone with a 159 LSAT and a 3.74 GPA get into Berkeley? Proposition 209 bans public institutions from considering gender, sex or ethnicity in admissions and the person has been discussing getting in because of their race. The California Supreme Court has upheld Prop 209 numerous times and Governor Brown just vetoed a bill which tried to get around this requirement. Unless that person has the most dramatic sob story ever, I don't even want to go there anymore. I'm not necessarily against affirmative action but you'd think that a public school would at least abide by its constitution. It is probably stuff like that (coupled with CA's budget issues) that have led to the school dropping so hard in the ranks.... :(



I guess Berkeley, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA & Georgia are just all out of their minds. Or there could be something with my application, you think? 8) Anyways, good luck to you buddy.

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Prop 209

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:14 pm

Champion wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Not to be a bitch, but how did someone with a 159 LSAT and a 3.74 GPA get into Berkeley? Proposition 209 bans public institutions from considering gender, sex or ethnicity in admissions and the person has been discussing getting in because of their race. The California Supreme Court has upheld Prop 209 numerous times and Governor Brown just vetoed a bill which tried to get around this requirement. Unless that person has the most dramatic sob story ever, I don't even want to go there anymore. I'm not necessarily against affirmative action but you'd think that a public school would at least abide by its constitution. It is probably stuff like that (coupled with CA's budget issues) that have led to the school dropping so hard in the ranks.... :(



I guess Berkeley, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA & Georgia are just all out of their minds. Or there could be something with my application, you think? 8) Anyways, good luck to you buddy.


If I don't get in with a 177/3.78, a Purple Heart, and a medal for bravery in combat, I'm going to be more inclined to agree with MikulJaxin's assessment of Berkeley.

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Prop 209

Postby hyakku » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:45 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Champion wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Not to be a bitch, but how did someone with a 159 LSAT and a 3.74 GPA get into Berkeley? Proposition 209 bans public institutions from considering gender, sex or ethnicity in admissions and the person has been discussing getting in because of their race. The California Supreme Court has upheld Prop 209 numerous times and Governor Brown just vetoed a bill which tried to get around this requirement. Unless that person has the most dramatic sob story ever, I don't even want to go there anymore. I'm not necessarily against affirmative action but you'd think that a public school would at least abide by its constitution. It is probably stuff like that (coupled with CA's budget issues) that have led to the school dropping so hard in the ranks.... :(



I guess Berkeley, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA & Georgia are just all out of their minds. Or there could be something with my application, you think? 8) Anyways, good luck to you buddy.


If I don't get in with a 177/3.78, a Purple Heart, and a medal for bravery in combat, I'm going to be more inclined to agree with MikulJaxin's assessment of Berkeley.


ROFL, with both of your attitudes you all are actually surprised Berkeley's not kicking down your doors? Some serious entitlement issues for grown men.

Champion, good job getting in man, I doubt there's a dearth of URMs so great that they HAD to take someone with your LSAT without being impressed with something else. Shit, to be honest, I was just thinking how much easier it is to bust out a 170+ on your LSAT than to maintain a high GPA throughout college; some people just aren't as strong taking standardized tests, but that's definitely not indicative of success IMO. Even without some brief medical issues I've got to admit my GPA wouldn't be so hot (~3.5), so I applaud your efforts throughout school and GJ hustling. I seriously wish I hadn't slacked so hard after getting well so I'd have a matching GPA to go with my LSAT, but here's to hoping Berkeley also sees some later reform and drive in me.

lats19nys
Posts: 94
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Re: Prop 209

Postby lats19nys » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:48 pm

hyakku wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Champion wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Not to be a bitch, but how did someone with a 159 LSAT and a 3.74 GPA get into Berkeley? Proposition 209 bans public institutions from considering gender, sex or ethnicity in admissions and the person has been discussing getting in because of their race. The California Supreme Court has upheld Prop 209 numerous times and Governor Brown just vetoed a bill which tried to get around this requirement. Unless that person has the most dramatic sob story ever, I don't even want to go there anymore. I'm not necessarily against affirmative action but you'd think that a public school would at least abide by its constitution. It is probably stuff like that (coupled with CA's budget issues) that have led to the school dropping so hard in the ranks.... :(



I guess Berkeley, Georgetown, Texas, UCLA & Georgia are just all out of their minds. Or there could be something with my application, you think? 8) Anyways, good luck to you buddy.


If I don't get in with a 177/3.78, a Purple Heart, and a medal for bravery in combat, I'm going to be more inclined to agree with MikulJaxin's assessment of Berkeley.


ROFL, with both of your attitudes you all are actually surprised Berkeley's not kicking down your doors? Some serious entitlement issues for grown men.

Champion, good job getting in man, I doubt there's a dearth of URMs so great that they HAD to take someone with your LSAT without being impressed with something else. Shit, to be honest, I was just thinking how much easier it is to bust out a 170+ on your LSAT than to maintain a high GPA throughout college; some people just aren't as strong taking standardized tests, but that's definitely not indicative of success IMO. Even without some brief medical issues I've got to admit my GPA wouldn't be so hot (~3.5), so I applaud your efforts throughout school and GJ hustling. I seriously wish I hadn't slacked so hard after getting well so I'd have a matching GPA to go with my LSAT, but here's to hoping Berkeley also sees some later reform and drive in me.


actually, statistically, it is much easier to maintain a high gpa in college...especially in certain majors. I mean...you've heard of grade inflation? lol. I'm not saying everything the other two said is completely fair but you can even tell by the application numbers on LSN or on this forum that it is much much much easier to find people with high GPAs than high LSAT scores.

TheRedMamba
Posts: 177
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:33 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby TheRedMamba » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:57 pm

It's also been shown that LSAT score is more indicative of success in law school than is GPA

gloriouscause
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:10 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gloriouscause » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:58 pm

UR today as well

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:04 pm

UR too!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cd1945, Chipotle85, lillawyer2, Nickel94, notnecessarilyproper, pandaaa, pantsuitchic, potterotter, ramp_999, studyingeveryday and 17 guests