Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
spek
Posts: 385
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:40 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby spek » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm

EMZE wrote:
agalang wrote:OMG OMG OMG!!!! JUST GOT THE PHONE CALL FROM DEAN TOM!!!!

IN AT BERKELEY LAW C/O 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEECHLESS RIGHT NOW!!!!


Congrats. Wow, at 830 PST? On a Saturday? When did you submit?


Is this real?... If so, congrats! But that's fairly odd...

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 pm

spek wrote:
EMZE wrote:
agalang wrote:OMG OMG OMG!!!! JUST GOT THE PHONE CALL FROM DEAN TOM!!!!

IN AT BERKELEY LAW C/O 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SPEECHLESS RIGHT NOW!!!!


Congrats. Wow, at 830 PST? On a Saturday? When did you submit?


Is this real?... If so, congrats! But that's fairly odd...


Could be a troll

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:14 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
Could be Is a troll



FTFY

rickfox
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:55 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby rickfox » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:20 pm

The dude is TTTrolling. Calls don't go out at 11pm on a Saturday night. For one thing, I'm sure Dean Tom has better things to do at that hour than call 0Ls--like chill with his bros and/or watch ESPN

anozira
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby anozira » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:01 pm

...
Last edited by anozira on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

MikulJaxin
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MikulJaxin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Anyone think we might get notified today or do we have reason to believe it'll be after Thanksgiving? I know Dean Tom was realllyyyyyyyyy busy having phone sex with that chick at freakin 10:30 PM on Saturday but considering that phone call didn't even take place maybe he'll have time to call some of us! Some of our applications have been under review for at least a month and UVA notified applicants super early sooo Berkeley pleaseee step on it.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:09 pm

MikulJaxin wrote:Anyone think we might get notified today or do we have reason to believe it'll be after Thanksgiving? I know Dean Tom was realllyyyyyyyyy busy having phone sex with that chick at freakin 10:30 PM on Saturday but considering that phone call didn't even take place maybe he'll have time to call some of us! Some of our applications have been under review for at least a month and UVA notified applicants super early sooo Berkeley pleaseee step on it.

Seriously laughed out loud

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:17 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Anyone think we might get notified today or do we have reason to believe it'll be after Thanksgiving? I know Dean Tom was realllyyyyyyyyy busy having phone sex with that chick at freakin 10:30 PM on Saturday but considering that phone call didn't even take place maybe he'll have time to call some of us! Some of our applications have been under review for at least a month and UVA notified applicants super early sooo Berkeley pleaseee step on it.

Seriously laughed out loud


+1 When I got to the "busy having phone sex" part I did a double take and just burst into laughter.

MikulJaxin
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MikulJaxin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:25 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
msblaw89 wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:Anyone think we might get notified today or do we have reason to believe it'll be after Thanksgiving? I know Dean Tom was realllyyyyyyyyy busy having phone sex with that chick at freakin 10:30 PM on Saturday but considering that phone call didn't even take place maybe he'll have time to call some of us! Some of our applications have been under review for at least a month and UVA notified applicants super early sooo Berkeley pleaseee step on it.

Seriously laughed out loud


+1 When I got to the "busy having phone sex" part I did a double take and just burst into laughter.


Seriously though. Who calls someone at 10:30 PM on a Saturday unless it's a booty call.... :P I can't believe I fell for that crap for even one second.

User avatar
hotspur
Posts: 103
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:05 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hotspur » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:17 pm

Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....

MikulJaxin
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MikulJaxin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:45 pm

hotspur wrote:Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....


Seriously.....not knowing at all sucks. However, last year they called around 4 PM Pacific time...so we could definitely still hear today!

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:46 pm

MikulJaxin wrote:
hotspur wrote:Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....


Seriously.....not knowing at all sucks. However, last year they called around 4 PM Pacific time...so we could definitely still hear today!


Brings me back to the LSAT waiting threads...

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Mon Nov 21, 2011 3:47 pm

MikulJaxin wrote:
hotspur wrote:Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....


Seriously.....not knowing at all sucks. However, last year they called around 4 PM Pacific time...so we could definitely still hear today!



Does anyone know if their status checker changes from "complete"? Or does it just stay there until a decision is made?

Gracias

MikulJaxin
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby MikulJaxin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:04 pm

gaud wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:
hotspur wrote:Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....


Seriously.....not knowing at all sucks. However, last year they called around 4 PM Pacific time...so we could definitely still hear today!



Does anyone know if their status checker changes from "complete"? Or does it just stay there until a decision is made?

Gracias


It normally goes from "complete" to "under review" and then supposedly changes again once a decision has been announced.

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gaud » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:06 pm

MikulJaxin wrote:
gaud wrote:

Does anyone know if their status checker changes from "complete"? Or does it just stay there until a decision is made?

Gracias


It normally goes from "complete" to "under review" and then supposedly changes again once a decision has been announced.



Damn, I've still got to wait to be UR. Thanks!

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:20 pm

Just got my status checker, submitted 11/17. Joining the painful wait.

User avatar
Champion
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Champion » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

JUST GOT A CALL FROM DEAN TOM!!! I'M IN!!!!! He said they wont be updating status checkers for a while. I'm so happy.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:24 pm

Well, this is official (via Twitter):

BoaltAdmissions Berkeley Law
It has begun...Congratulatory phone calls coming just in time for the holiday weekend.

iamrobk
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:31 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby iamrobk » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:31 pm

Champion wrote:JUST GOT A CALL FROM DEAN TOM!!! I'M IN!!!!! He said they wont be updating status checkers for a while. I'm so happy.

Congrats! I'm gonna freak out every time my phone rings for the next 2-3 hours, though I know none of them will be Berkeley since I'm not going to get accepted. :lol:

User avatar
foxylaxy
Posts: 165
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby foxylaxy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:32 pm

gaud wrote:
MikulJaxin wrote:
hotspur wrote:Why can't Berkeley drop a little hint on Twitter like they did last year? I would really like to be thankful for some pre-Thanksgiving phone calls THIS year....


Seriously.....not knowing at all sucks. However, last year they called around 4 PM Pacific time...so we could definitely still hear today!



Does anyone know if their status checker changes from "complete"? Or does it just stay there until a decision is made?

Gracias


I've been UR since 10/19

Curious1
Posts: 964
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:54 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Curious1 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:33 pm

Just got the call!!!! Ahhhh!!

User avatar
RonnyDworkin
Posts: 257
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby RonnyDworkin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

People who are getting calls...


When did you submit and what time zone are you? Eastern? Western?

User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:35 pm

Where's my call, Berkeley? I'm waiting...

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:37 pm

Curious1 wrote:Just got the call!!!! Ahhhh!!


Congrats to you, and to Warrior as well! Very amazing, you both should be very excited.

Curious1 - I am really intrigued by your GPA. It's within Berkeley's median (I think?) and your LSAT is superb, but Berkeley is totally unpredictable when it comes to admissions below... well below anything, but especially at ~3.7.

I have a similar GPA and a similar LSAT, but had written off Berkeley as a waitlist --> ding (though I still applied... albeit later than you did).

Did you have a Berkeley specific PS (or at least one that was noticeably longer than 2 pages)? Are you a CA resident?

User avatar
boalthopeful
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:38 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby boalthopeful » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:38 pm

@BoaltAdmissions
Berkeley Law
It has begun...Congratulatory phone calls coming just in time for the holiday weekend.
14 minutes ago via web


eeeek.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cd1945, curry4bfast, cyclawps, Dcc617, erinkh, ginawwhan, henryyou, Lawl_Schoolz, potterotter, zeglo and 30 guests