Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:53 pm

EMZE wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:\If there is for serious a group of 10/27 people still hanging on, that's just a crime against humanity.



I wouldn't say that. The whole rolling admissions process doesn't mean that decision go out in order submitted, or necessarily even have to loosely follow that. They typically do, but this site advocates applying day 1, and people who apply earlier have a better shot but also a longer wait.

And actually, I can sympathize for those with a UR after me, because I am currently finding some solace in convincing myself I am slated for that whole committee review deal.

Based off years past, we can expect to see some kind of committee review e-mail indicating that some of our applications are being sent there. Check out last years thread for around our current timeframe, theres more information and consequent anxiety attacks on the topic of those in a long wait. If your numbers are iffy but you have strong softs, of if your numbers are just right and your softs aren't substantive, and you applied a while ago, that might be what you are looking at. It is what I am hoping for instead just a straight ding.


Maybe, maybe not. Berkeley has yet to do a wave of admits like the other schools. A few have been admitted here and there, but nothing substantial yet

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:59 pm

Good God Bezerkeley is expensive!

EMZE
Posts: 715
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby EMZE » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
EMZE wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:\If there is for serious a group of 10/27 people still hanging on, that's just a crime against humanity.



I wouldn't say that. The whole rolling admissions process doesn't mean that decision go out in order submitted, or necessarily even have to loosely follow that. They typically do, but this site advocates applying day 1, and people who apply earlier have a better shot but also a longer wait.

And actually, I can sympathize for those with a UR after me, because I am currently finding some solace in convincing myself I am slated for that whole committee review deal.

Based off years past, we can expect to see some kind of committee review e-mail indicating that some of our applications are being sent there. Check out last years thread for around our current timeframe, theres more information and consequent anxiety attacks on the topic of those in a long wait. If your numbers are iffy but you have strong softs, of if your numbers are just right and your softs aren't substantive, and you applied a while ago, that might be what you are looking at. It is what I am hoping for instead just a straight ding.


Maybe, maybe not. Berkeley has yet to do a wave of admits like the other schools. A few have been admitted here and there, but nothing substantial yet


Maybe, maybe not about the committee review or the rolling admissions thing? Based on your comment, I am assuming your referring the second point.

There is definitely a general chronological sequence to their decisions on LSN, but there are a lot still pending. And I would argue that there has been a bulk of decisions that have gone out. Compared to a school like UVA, where it is a trickle, it seems like they are either sending out decisions or they are not with at least a week between. The number of outliers with applications still pending who have numbers that are competitive or low, despite rejections having already gone out en mass, is why I think those who haven't heard yet and who have a date surrounded by decisions are slated for committee review. Though, having looked harder at those dates, even those with the 10/27 date don't seem like they are yet in the clear.

Looking at LSN, UC-B presents a very very very low acceptance rate compared to their peers, and with only Yale and Stanford having a lower acceptance rate. At the same time, they have a very very high yield, trumped only by HYS and tied with Columbia. To me, that seems like they do a great deal of yield protecting and combined with their wide LSAT and GPA range (yes, GPA range is tighter between 25-75% and comparatively higher to peer schools, but their bottom 25% extends very far) is perhaps what gives them their notorious black box reputation.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:01 pm

Last year on LSN there seems to be a wave of acceptances on the 18th and 19th... followed by rejections on the 20th and 21st

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:16 pm

Cross-post from Detailed Employment Statistics page, but I thought it would be useful here. Props to Berk for going into this level of detail.

--LinkRemoved--

smalltownsurprise
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby smalltownsurprise » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:19 pm

Just accepted via email. Only one UR on 12/22 submittted 12/14. 170/3.94. SO EFFING JACKEDDDDD!!!!!!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 pm

smalltownsurprise wrote:Just accepted via email. Only one UR on 12/22 submittted 12/14. 170/3.94. SO EFFING JACKEDDDDD!!!!!!


Congrats! I hope they don't do rejections today :-/

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Genki » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:21 pm

Just got in by email.
submitted 11/16
UR 11/22

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Anyone know if emails go out in one big batch, or one by one?

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 pm

cerealdan wrote:Anyone know if emails go out in one big batch, or one by one?


Was just about to ask this. Would people getting in mind posting when their email was post marked? Appreciated.

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:23 pm

cerealdan wrote:Anyone know if emails go out in one big batch, or one by one?


I think it is one big batch... but I am not 100%

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:24 pm

i got a package from berkeley today but it was just a bullet proof vest with a fish on it. is that.....is that an acceptance?

User avatar
THATSHOWYOUGETANTS
Posts: 99
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby THATSHOWYOUGETANTS » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:32 pm

congrats you two!

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:34 pm

My phone buzzed and sent my heart beating through my chest. No dice. I want Bezerkeley so bad so I can complain about how spendy tuition is!

I hope the emails go in waves. Hopefully people will post info?

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Campagnolo wrote:My phone buzzed and sent my heart beating through my chest. No dice. I want Bezerkeley so bad so I can complain about how spendy tuition is!

I hope the emails go in waves. Hopefully people will post info?


Yes, please

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:35 pm

Campagnolo wrote:My phone buzzed and sent my heart beating through my chest. No dice. I want Bezerkeley so bad so I can complain about how spendy tuition is!

I hope the emails go in waves. Hopefully people will post info?


+1,000,000

User avatar
Campagnolo
Posts: 906
Joined: Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Campagnolo » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:46 pm

My GPA is low enough that I have the proverbial snowball's chance, but I am dying to stay west coast. This is a little bump for those celebrating victory to post their email time, numbers, plans for celebratory streaking, etc, etc.

Congratulations!

User avatar
FavoriteColorGRUE
Posts: 156
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FavoriteColorGRUE » Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:56 pm

In just now via email - freaking out happy and surprised!! :shock:

Submitted 11/30/2011, Under review 1/10/12
25-median LSAT & >75 GPA.

Good luck to all still waiting!!

User avatar
Genki
Posts: 247
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:04 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Genki » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:36 pm

I got my email just before 9:00 am Pacific time.
If FavoriteColorGrue posted right after receiving the email, that would suggest that the emails are going out in waves.
So good luck to everyone else still waiting, and congrats to the others that got in today.
I hope to meet you at ASW.

horrorbusiness
Posts: 669
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:39 pm

Genki wrote:I got my email just before 9:00 am Pacific time.
If FavoriteColorGrue posted right after receiving the email, that would suggest that the emails are going out in waves.
So good luck to everyone else still waiting, and congrats to the others that got in today.
I hope to meet you at ASW.


immediately after i read today's posts, i see i have a new email. and it's a spam email from southwesTTTern, ugh. now you get a spam filter, SW.

User avatar
Elliott_Smith
Posts: 379
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:34 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Elliott_Smith » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:42 pm

Got in by email this morning,

First acceptance of the cycle, I'm super stoked!!! I'm shocked, I've been under review for just seven days.

Good luck to all of you who are still waiting, here's the info I know you want:

LSAT is just over the 75%
GPA is just under the 75%

Application received 11/29, I asked them to hold it for Dec scores.
Went UR 1/10

Admitted via email 1/17 10:56AM CT

djkrish
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:47 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby djkrish » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:45 pm

been ur since 12/12, this is making me nervous

Mal Reynolds
Posts: 12630
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:16 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Mal Reynolds » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:48 pm

djkrish wrote:been ur since 12/12, this is making me nervous


Same. I'm getting a little frustrated too. I'm at or above both 75ths.

likemike
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby likemike » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 pm

Mal Reynolds wrote:
djkrish wrote:been ur since 12/12, this is making me nervous


Same. I'm getting a little frustrated too. I'm at or above both 75ths.



+1

User avatar
lawschool899
Posts: 196
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:11 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby lawschool899 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm

UR 11/22. >75th LSAT and right under 75th GPA.

anyone else still 11/22..?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ajoelles, Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot], Ferrisjso and 8 guests