Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wishyfishy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wishyfishy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:01 pm

wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.


holy shit that is some fast turnaround!

i'm sitting UR as of 12/12; any other hopefuls out there waiting a month+ for an answer?

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:46 pm

wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.


Did you have any status updates?

User avatar
catwomangirl
Posts: 250
Joined: Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:50 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby catwomangirl » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:50 pm

wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.



stats? pretty please? :?:

wishyfishy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby wishyfishy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:50 am

I'm at median GPA and well above 75% LSAT. I went complete on 12/22.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:01 am

Thanks for the responses everyone! I guess I'll just keep waiting, wishing, hoping, and praying. :P

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:21 pm

wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.


I wish I hadn't looked at this thread today... I thought for sure that everything everywhere would be on hold until at least January 2nd.

I went UR 12/12 and am at my parents' house for winter break where I have terrible cell service... WHAT IF I MISS A CALL?!!? Have any other 12/12's heard yet? want.berkeley.

addy11
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby addy11 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 3:26 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:
wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.


I wish I hadn't looked at this thread today... I thought for sure that everything everywhere would be on hold until at least January 2nd.

I went UR 12/12 and am at my parents' house for winter break where I have terrible cell service... WHAT IF I MISS A CALL?!!? Have any other 12/12's heard yet? want.berkeley.


Get Google Voice. I missed a call when I was on the subway and it tracks missed calls, even when they don't result in a voicemail (so you'll know if you got a 510 call, even if you have no service). They also forward all voicemails to your email.

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 12:19 pm

addy11 wrote:
gravityrides0 wrote:
wishyfishy wrote:Don't really frequent this topic, but just wanted to let you guys know that I got my call from Dean Tom today. He's reading applications from home, apparently, so some of you late submitters might still be hearing back over break! :) I submitted 12/9.


I wish I hadn't looked at this thread today... I thought for sure that everything everywhere would be on hold until at least January 2nd.

I went UR 12/12 and am at my parents' house for winter break where I have terrible cell service... WHAT IF I MISS A CALL?!!? Have any other 12/12's heard yet? want.berkeley.


Get Google Voice. I missed a call when I was on the subway and it tracks missed calls, even when they don't result in a voicemail (so you'll know if you got a 510 call, even if you have no service). They also forward all voicemails to your email.


Hah, that's a great idea. thanks!

User avatar
FryBreadPower
Posts: 908
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby FryBreadPower » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:27 pm

In this morning via e-mail! :D

I had no idea that anyone was even in Admissions Offices today. UR 11/14.

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:30 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:In this morning via e-mail! :D

I had no idea that anyone was even in Admissions Offices today. UR 11/14.


Me too! Same UR date, I was sure I was headed for a waitlist. Sooo pumped about this one! If anyone's been sitting on UR while people after you get in don't lose hope!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:30 pm

FryBreadPower wrote:In this morning via e-mail! :D

I had no idea that anyone was even in Admissions Offices today. UR 11/14.

That is awesome news! Lucky! Gives hope to those at 11/22

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:32 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:In this morning via e-mail! :D

I had no idea that anyone was even in Admissions Offices today. UR 11/14.

That is awesome news! Lucky! Gives hope to those at 11/22



+1 and Congratulations!

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:34 pm

What were your guys' stats like? Do you think it took awhile because you were borderline?

User avatar
Boston_NYG2245
Posts: 238
Joined: Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:00 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Boston_NYG2245 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:42 pm

gravityrides0 wrote:What were your guys' stats like? Do you think it took awhile because you were borderline?


It's a possibility, I'm high 3.6 and 173 so my GPA and the fact that I didn't adjust my PS for Berekely was what made me think a WL was coming. I do have some WE which I would say is unique (I worked in finance, but I worked abroad for a while) and a Grad degree with a 4.0 GPA so that might have given me a boost.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:52 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
FryBreadPower wrote:In this morning via e-mail! :D

I had no idea that anyone was even in Admissions Offices today. UR 11/14.

That is awesome news! Lucky! Gives hope to those at 11/22


what about 10/27ers ? :(

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:26 pm

In via email!

Above/at both 75%s. Applied early November. Did not tailor my app to Berkeley or anything.

Super excited! :lol: I think Berkeley is the first "black-box" school I've gotten into so I hope this bodes well for my cycle!

Congratulations to all those who have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!

User avatar
Aqualung
Posts: 48
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Aqualung » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Got in this morning via email! Stats in profile. I tailored my PS for Berkeley. Went UR 11/22. Really excited about this acceptance. Did not expect to hear anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else.

User avatar
thelawschoolproject
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby thelawschoolproject » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:41 pm

Aqualung wrote:Got in this morning via email! Stats in profile. I tailored my PS for Berkeley. Went UR 11/22. Really excited about this acceptance. Did not expect to hear anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else.



It is upon us.


Also, congratulations!

User avatar
msblaw89
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:10 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby msblaw89 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:04 pm

thelawschoolproject wrote:
Aqualung wrote:Got in this morning via email! Stats in profile. I tailored my PS for Berkeley. Went UR 11/22. Really excited about this acceptance. Did not expect to hear anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else.



It is upon us.


Also, congratulations!

I thinks it's upon the super strong candidates haha

User avatar
Green Glass Windows
Posts: 743
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:37 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Green Glass Windows » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:25 pm

msblaw89 wrote:
thelawschoolproject wrote:
Aqualung wrote:Got in this morning via email! Stats in profile. I tailored my PS for Berkeley. Went UR 11/22. Really excited about this acceptance. Did not expect to hear anytime soon.

Good luck to everyone else.



It is upon us.


Also, congratulations!

I thinks it's upon the super strong candidates haha

haha +1

jpal13
Posts: 278
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:53 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby jpal13 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:45 pm

WhiteGuy5 wrote:In via email!

Above/at both 75%s. Applied early November. Did not tailor my app to Berkeley or anything.

Super excited! :lol: I think Berkeley is the first "black-box" school I've gotten into so I hope this bodes well for my cycle!

Congratulations to all those who have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!


What is black-box?

I am also 11/22 UR, if I don't hear soon I will be getting more and more depressed. I'm officially worried, Berkeley isn't my first choice because CA is so far for me but I would certainly go if I am rejected from Penn. Right now I don't feel confident about either. I did get in at Michigan and so I do feel grateful.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:47 pm

jpal13 wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:In via email!

Above/at both 75%s. Applied early November. Did not tailor my app to Berkeley or anything.

Super excited! :lol: I think Berkeley is the first "black-box" school I've gotten into so I hope this bodes well for my cycle!

Congratulations to all those who have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!


What is black-box?

I am also 11/22 UR, if I don't hear soon I will be getting more and more depressed. I'm officially worried, Berkeley isn't my first choice because CA is so far for me but I would certainly go if I am rejected from Penn. Right now I don't feel confident about either. I did get in at Michigan and so I do feel grateful.



Michigan is T 7 if i can remember correctly, so you are not in "depressing" shape lol

User avatar
Davidbentley
Posts: 418
Joined: Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:49 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Davidbentley » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:48 pm

jpal13 wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:In via email!

Above/at both 75%s. Applied early November. Did not tailor my app to Berkeley or anything.

Super excited! :lol: I think Berkeley is the first "black-box" school I've gotten into so I hope this bodes well for my cycle!

Congratulations to all those who have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!


What is black-box?

I am also 11/22 UR, if I don't hear soon I will be getting more and more depressed. I'm officially worried, Berkeley isn't my first choice because CA is so far for me but I would certainly go if I am rejected from Penn. Right now I don't feel confident about either. I did get in at Michigan and so I do feel grateful.


Congrats White Guy.

A black box is a school with a less predictable admissions cycle. It is often speculated that these schools -- Stanford, Yale, Berkeley etc..-- actually read the application past the lsat/gpa. :mrgreen:

User avatar
WhiteGuy5
Posts: 919
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:47 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby WhiteGuy5 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:37 pm

jpal13 wrote:
WhiteGuy5 wrote:In via email!

Above/at both 75%s. Applied early November. Did not tailor my app to Berkeley or anything.

Super excited! :lol: I think Berkeley is the first "black-box" school I've gotten into so I hope this bodes well for my cycle!

Congratulations to all those who have gotten in and good luck to everyone else!


What is black-box?

I am also 11/22 UR, if I don't hear soon I will be getting more and more depressed. I'm officially worried, Berkeley isn't my first choice because CA is so far for me but I would certainly go if I am rejected from Penn. Right now I don't feel confident about either. I did get in at Michigan and so I do feel grateful.


Hey jpal. I went under review on 11/22 too =(. I don't know if that really tells you anything about where you stand though.

To add to what Davidbentley said: A black-box admissions is when your numbers are not as reliable indicators for your chances of acceptance as they are for other schools. I'm above/at both 75%s, so it doesn't hurt, but a school like Berkeley is more likely to accept/reject you in spite/despite your numbers. Their LSAT 25% is 164, for example--not really a T10 number, ya know? They're obviously looking at factors way beyond your numbers.

Thanks for the congratulations!

FYI: I haven't gotten into Michigan (yet?)--so hopefully that makes you feel better =).




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests