Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:57 pm

Hey guys,

So I've been UR since 12/12, but just today received an email saying that my application had been processed and is now under review. Have other people gotten that email? Is it weird that it's coming 10 days after I went UR on the status checker?

gravityrides0
Posts: 552
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby gravityrides0 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:04 pm

cerealdan wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been UR since 12/12, but just today received an email saying that my application had been processed and is now under review. Have other people gotten that email? Is it weird that it's coming 10 days after I went UR on the status checker?


Same exact thing happened to me.. I also thought it was weird :|

User avatar
armstrot
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby armstrot » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:05 pm

+1
Campagnolo wrote:
Virgil777 wrote:
lsatisevil wrote:Sitting 10/19...thoughts?


10/19?! Berkeley hates everyone stuck on, or before, 11/22 :cry:


Are you kidding? Berkeley loves us! That's why they're hanging on to our apps for so long. They wouldn't know what to do without us!

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby cactuarX3 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:08 pm

i also received that email 10 days after the status checker went to UR

User avatar
kennethellenparcell
Posts: 509
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:02 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby kennethellenparcell » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:00 pm

ZOMG I just went under review. I sent in my application on 12/15. Freaking out a little bit.

teacher10456
Posts: 54
Joined: Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby teacher10456 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:03 pm

cerealdan wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been UR since 12/12, but just today received an email saying that my application had been processed and is now under review. Have other people gotten that email? Is it weird that it's coming 10 days after I went UR on the status checker?



Same happened to me... maybe it was for everyone who went UR on 12/12?

User avatar
pupshaw
Posts: 504
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:08 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby pupshaw » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:23 pm

teacher10456 wrote:
cerealdan wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been UR since 12/12, but just today received an email saying that my application had been processed and is now under review. Have other people gotten that email? Is it weird that it's coming 10 days after I went UR on the status checker?



Same happened to me... maybe it was for everyone who went UR on 12/12?


Everyone except for that guy 3 pages ago who was UR 12/12 and already admitted. :?

protip
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby protip » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.

User avatar
curiouscat
Posts: 315
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 9:57 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby curiouscat » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:51 pm

Champion wrote:
spek wrote:
matvei wrote:Have any admits received info on how to login to the admitted student's website? I haven't gotten anything and sometimes my email blocks mail to me =/

any help would be appreciated


I haven't received it either and I was wondering about this.


They haven't released it yet.


Just got it today.

campos
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby campos » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 pm

teacher10456 wrote:
cerealdan wrote:Hey guys,

So I've been UR since 12/12, but just today received an email saying that my application had been processed and is now under review. Have other people gotten that email? Is it weird that it's coming 10 days after I went UR on the status checker?



Same happened to me... maybe it was for everyone who went UR on 12/12?


+1

agalang
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby agalang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:47 pm

matvei wrote:Have any admits received info on how to login to the admitted student's website? I haven't gotten anything and sometimes my email blocks mail to me =/

any help would be appreciated


Just got my ASW info today around 3:30 PST. Admitted right before Thanksgiving.

agalang
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby agalang » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:49 pm

protip wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.


I didn't end up retaking in Dec but I emailed and they said they would wait to review until Dec scores go out.

tadlbb
Posts: 106
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:03 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby tadlbb » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:24 pm

I sort of got the feeling that when they bothered to put on Twitter that they office was open until today that they would send out a big bunch of acceptances or at least show some movement before they closed for the holidays...

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:27 pm

still early maybe after lunch they will start doing that?

User avatar
Redamon1
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Redamon1 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:37 pm

protip wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.


Yes

User avatar
ColumbiaChamp
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby ColumbiaChamp » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:39 pm

Redamon1 wrote:
protip wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.


Yes


If you are UR, that means they are not waiting.

protip
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:49 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby protip » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:34 pm

ColumbiaChamp wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
protip wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.


Yes


If you are UR, that means they are not waiting.



Yea that's what I was concerned about. Maybe they'll just let me in because they love me so much and I'm a CA resident. Or maybe they had to review it before they saw my "retaking in dec" addendum.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm

protip wrote:
ColumbiaChamp wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
protip wrote:Sorry if this has been answered before - does Berkeley wait for december lsat? They put me UR today, but I'm still waiting for my dec score. I'm assuming they do wait.


Yes


If you are UR, that means they are not waiting.



Yea that's what I was concerned about. Maybe they'll just let me in because they love me so much and I'm a CA resident. Or maybe they had to review it before they saw my "retaking in dec" addendum.


On that note, does anyone know how much being a CA resident actually helps when it comes to t14 status schools? ... im not talking UCI or UC Davis caliber, but Berkeley

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:36 pm

tadlbb wrote:I sort of got the feeling that when they bothered to put on Twitter that they office was open until today that they would send out a big bunch of acceptances or at least show some movement before they closed for the holidays...


^this. I'm on EST right now though so i keep forgetting it's only 1240 back home.

broncos_fan_26
Posts: 255
Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby broncos_fan_26 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:40 pm

hyakku wrote:
tadlbb wrote:I sort of got the feeling that when they bothered to put on Twitter that they office was open until today that they would send out a big bunch of acceptances or at least show some movement before they closed for the holidays...


^this. I'm on EST right now though so i keep forgetting it's only 1240 back home.


we gotta face it: Berkeley admissions, just like everyone else, is closed down.... after i get off work, i will (try) and stay off TLS until after xmas... prolly not gonna happen lol

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby Real Madrid » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:12 pm

Has anyone else that's been admitted still not received the ASW login?

User avatar
hyakku
Posts: 604
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby hyakku » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:12 pm

broncos_fan_26 wrote:
hyakku wrote:
tadlbb wrote:I sort of got the feeling that when they bothered to put on Twitter that they office was open until today that they would send out a big bunch of acceptances or at least show some movement before they closed for the holidays...


^this. I'm on EST right now though so i keep forgetting it's only 1240 back home.


we gotta face it: Berkeley admissions, just like everyone else, is closed down.... after i get off work, i will (try) and stay off TLS until after xmas... prolly not gonna happen lol


Well I mean no...they said themselves they were open today. They may not be making acceptances though you're right. Good luck with that though lol, I'll see you tomorrow morning :p

potl
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby potl » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:15 pm

Real Madrid wrote:Has anyone else that's been admitted still not received the ASW login?


I have not yet either.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby amc987 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:31 pm

Real Madrid wrote:Has anyone else that's been admitted still not received the ASW login?


I haven't received it, but I also haven't received my acceptance packet yet. Is the ASW login info supposed to be part of those materials? I was just accepted on Monday, so I'm not really familiar with any of these details...

potl
Posts: 121
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Berkeley c/o 2015 Applicants (2011-2012 cycle)

Postby potl » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:36 pm

amc987 wrote:
Real Madrid wrote:Has anyone else that's been admitted still not received the ASW login?


I haven't received it, but I also haven't received my acceptance packet yet. Is the ASW login info supposed to be part of those materials? I was just accepted on Monday, so I'm not really familiar with any of these details...


It wasn't in the acceptance packet. In fact, the packet had a note saying something to the effect of "you should have received an email by now allowing you to log into the admitted students section of our website." I figure it'll come in a bit - no rush.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dojodawg, josh9308, taxman14 and 5 guests