NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby thelawyler » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

I withdrew this morning. No money. I hope one of you waiting gets my spot! Good luck!

Edit: and LOL at the discussion on the previous page.

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Dislaw » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:26 pm

thelawyler wrote:I withdrew this morning. No money. I hope one of you waiting gets my spot! Good luck!

Edit: and LOL at the discussion on the previous page.


Good luck to you too!

Still on the WL. Still keeping the flame alive here.

ys2247
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 12:09 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby ys2247 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:17 pm

same here...just wishing, and hoping and praying for a spot off the WL

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Dislaw » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:37 am

Are there any deadlines coming up? Trying to see if there is a timeframe where we could expect a bit of WL movement.

User avatar
JamMasterJ
Posts: 6688
Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby JamMasterJ » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:15 am

Harvard waitlist movement will likely create a trickle down effect that should free up some spots.

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:04 pm

In! :D

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby zor » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:20 pm

Also in off the waitlist. ARGH. I guess I'll ask if there's money even though I know the answer...

User avatar
cactuarX3
Posts: 686
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby cactuarX3 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Golden Bear 11 wrote:In! :D


congratulations! always happy to see my fellow Cal alums on these boards (class of '08)!

User avatar
crumpetsandtea
Posts: 7156
Joined: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:57 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby crumpetsandtea » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm

WHOOOOO GRATS EVERYONE :mrgreen:

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:56 pm

cactuarX3 wrote:
Golden Bear 11 wrote:In! :D


congratulations! always happy to see my fellow Cal alums on these boards (class of '08)!


Thank you!

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Dislaw » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Grats everybody! Hopefully this is the start of a trend!

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Blumpbeef » Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Grats all.

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:01 pm

zor wrote:Also in off the waitlist. ARGH. I guess I'll ask if there's money even though I know the answer...


yup, no money. sticker at NU is about 275K debt at repayment...that is scary. what are you going to do?

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby zor » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:37 pm

Golden Bear 11 wrote:yup, no money. sticker at NU is about 275K debt at repayment...that is scary. what are you going to do?


Will probably withdraw by the end of the week. I have no BigLaw aspirations so that kind of debt makes no sense for me.

jbsar87
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:57 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby jbsar87 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:38 am

Thoughts on movement this week?

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:42 am

zor wrote:
Golden Bear 11 wrote:yup, no money. sticker at NU is about 275K debt at repayment...that is scary. what are you going to do?


Will probably withdraw by the end of the week. I have no BigLaw aspirations so that kind of debt makes no sense for me.
Are you PI-bound? Have you thoroughly compared LRAP programs? The top schools have vastly better LRAPs than the middling schools.

Orrr....Brooklyn. :shock: Not gonna lie, I think that's a pretty terrible decision whether you want private practice or PI. No/low debt is great, but jobs are pretty great too.

User avatar
zor
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:36 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby zor » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:04 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Are you PI-bound? Have you thoroughly compared LRAP programs? The top schools have vastly better LRAPs than the middling schools.

Orrr....Brooklyn. :shock: Not gonna lie, I think that's a pretty terrible decision whether you want private practice or PI. No/low debt is great, but jobs are pretty great too.

Whatever, everyone has their own factors to weigh and their own life experiences informing their choices. If you want to judge me, do it there, not on the NU thread.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13915
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby rinkrat19 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:06 pm

zor wrote:
rinkrat19 wrote:Are you PI-bound? Have you thoroughly compared LRAP programs? The top schools have vastly better LRAPs than the middling schools.

Orrr....Brooklyn. :shock: Not gonna lie, I think that's a pretty terrible decision whether you want private practice or PI. No/low debt is great, but jobs are pretty great too.

Whatever, everyone has their own factors to weigh and their own life experiences informing their choices. If you want to judge me, do it there, not on the NU thread.
Not sure how you get to dictate what and where I can post, but best of luck in the future.

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby whatismylife » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:17 pm

Just got in off the WL! Totally unexpected

User avatar
franklyscarlet
Posts: 2914
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:16 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby franklyscarlet » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:18 pm

whatismylife wrote:Just got in off the WL! Totally unexpected


Congrats!!!

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:18 pm

whatismylife wrote:Just got in off the WL! Totally unexpected

Congrats! Will you be joining us in Streeterville?

User avatar
Blumpbeef
Posts: 3814
Joined: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:17 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Blumpbeef » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:29 pm

whatismylife wrote:Just got in off the WL! Totally unexpected


Congrats.

(your profile still says UMinn btw...)

sshaqsb
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby sshaqsb » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 pm

Gonna withdraw today, hope one of you guys gets the spot.

User avatar
tamarind49
Posts: 66
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:12 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby tamarind49 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

OMG got in off of the waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally unexpected!

But is it 100% final that there's no money left for us?? (fin. aid, scholarship..)
How can I apply for loans?? and is it possible for me to get 100% loans or is that impossible?

Ahh... I have so many questions...... :/ I hope one of you can help me out!!!

Anyhoo, I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! It was a long, long wait.... from hold -> WL -> Acceptance.

THANK YOU NU!! <3

EDIT: btw, I'm international, in case that matters (for loan/fin. aid eligibility)

User avatar
Samara
Posts: 3245
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 4:26 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Samara » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:06 pm

tamarind49 wrote:OMG got in off of the waiting list!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Totally unexpected!

But is it 100% final that there's no money left for us?? (fin. aid, scholarship..)
How can I apply for loans?? and is it possible for me to get 100% loans or is that impossible?

Ahh... I have so many questions...... :/ I hope one of you can help me out!!!

Anyhoo, I'm SO EXCITED!!!!! It was a long, long wait.... from hold -> WL -> Acceptance.

THANK YOU NU!! <3

Congrats!!!

I don't know if they money is officially out, but I haven't heard of anyone getting any money in a while. It's real easy to qualify for 100% loans, especially since NU doesn't require Need Access.

Edit: Saw your edit that you are an international student. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought international students don't qualify for federal loans?

Feel free to ask more questions ITT or PM me. Congrats again and welcome!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Long shot hero, michelekfla, ohgosh, smashbash and 13 guests