NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
R1chardParker
Posts: 57
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:29 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby R1chardParker » Thu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm

Congrats to all those receiving acceptances today!

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1834
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby emkay625 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:40 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


FUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby bk1 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


Congrats bro. It's about damn time.

User avatar
yankees42789
Posts: 197
Joined: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:51 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby yankees42789 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:53 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


JamDay! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, man - it's about time!

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

yankees42789 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


JamDay! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, man - it's about time!


JAMDAY IS HERE! if anything i am honoured to have been admitted on Jam day!

Revolver066
Posts: 261
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:54 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Revolver066 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 am

Also in today. I guess I gotta start figuring out housing, if I need a car, and (as a current resident of SoCal) how to handle actual weather

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 04, 2012 12:44 am

tjddk wrote:
fingerscrossedxx wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
I hope you get some moniez from NU! Where else are you looking rn?


Oh, just got the fin aid email:

At this point of the year, we have already awarded all of our scholarships. At Northwestern Law, all awards were determined by examining both merit and need-based factors so we do not have separate pools of funding for need-only or merit-only awards. It is extremely unlikely that additional funds will become available; consequently, your financial aid application will be used for loan eligibility determinations only.


Right now I've deposited at UCLA with a 38k per year scholly that I can't possibly pass up for sticker at NU!! :( this makes me so sad :(


At least they're being up-front about it? But like Crumps said, hopefully they're just trying not to get people's hopes up.

I had a positive/pleasant experience negotiating with Dean Schwartz & co... would the NU acceptance help you maybe bump up that scholly at UCLA even more?


The guys at UCLA have been amazing with their negotiating so far. But do you guys really think I can get it upped with just an acceptance and no money offer? They already upped it once for me, I dont want to seem ungrateful, but at the same time it would be great if they could up it to cover the COL difference that comes with paying out of state tuition at UCLA.

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby whatismylife » Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

Soooo I'm still on hold :(

Anybody else out there????

User avatar
zapcaz
Posts: 143
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby zapcaz » Fri May 04, 2012 11:23 am

whatismylife wrote:Soooo I'm still on hold :(

Anybody else out there????


Yup...still here. I'm not sure how much longer we will be on hold, if acceptances came put yesterday, rejections and waitlists are probably on the way...

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby whatismylife » Fri May 04, 2012 11:24 am

zapcaz wrote:
whatismylife wrote:Soooo I'm still on hold :(

Anybody else out there????


Yup...still here. I'm not sure how much longer we will be on hold, if acceptances came put yesterday, rejections and waitlists are probably on the way...


:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

User avatar
JDizzle2015
Posts: 638
Joined: Fri Dec 02, 2011 12:16 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby JDizzle2015 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:09 pm

bk1 wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


Congrats bro. It's about damn time.

Congrats!!! I've been stealthily following your cycle. It's been so damn strange.

User avatar
amc987
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:58 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby amc987 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:10 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:in, motherfuckers


CONGRATULATIONS!!! It's about damn time. Glad Northwestern had the good sense to let you in.

User avatar
Dislaw
Posts: 41
Joined: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:40 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Dislaw » Fri May 04, 2012 2:27 pm

whatismylife wrote:
zapcaz wrote:
whatismylife wrote:Soooo I'm still on hold :(

Anybody else out there????


Yup...still here. I'm not sure how much longer we will be on hold, if acceptances came put yesterday, rejections and waitlists are probably on the way...


:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(



Could be making acceptances in waves? Maybe they went after a specific thing yesterday? GPA maybe? Not sure on eerybody's stats.

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri May 04, 2012 2:35 pm

Dislaw wrote:
whatismylife wrote:
zapcaz wrote:
whatismylife wrote:Soooo I'm still on hold :(

Anybody else out there????


Yup...still here. I'm not sure how much longer we will be on hold, if acceptances came put yesterday, rejections and waitlists are probably on the way...


:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(



Could be making acceptances in waves? Maybe they went after a specific thing yesterday? GPA maybe? Not sure on eerybody's stats.

Seems like they were after lsat yesterday. Maybe GPA is next

Golden Bear 11
Posts: 169
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Golden Bear 11 » Fri May 04, 2012 2:43 pm

Any hold admits planning to turn down money to attend NU at sticker?

User avatar
Mr. Somebody
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:42 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby Mr. Somebody » Fri May 04, 2012 2:46 pm

Golden Bear 11 wrote:Any hold admits planning to turn down money to attend NU at sticker?

Heart wants to

Brain says no

User avatar
fingerscrossedxx
Posts: 733
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:56 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby fingerscrossedxx » Fri May 04, 2012 3:10 pm

Mr. Somebody wrote:
Golden Bear 11 wrote:Any hold admits planning to turn down money to attend NU at sticker?

Heart wants to

Brain says no


This exactly.

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby whatismylife » Fri May 04, 2012 3:21 pm

Sooo I'm thinking the rest of us hold candidates won't be hearing anything today, based on the lack of an update on the NU Law Admissions twitter

elizcbeth
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:36 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby elizcbeth » Fri May 04, 2012 4:04 pm

fingerscrossedxx wrote:
Mr. Somebody wrote:
Golden Bear 11 wrote:Any hold admits planning to turn down money to attend NU at sticker?

Heart wants to

Brain says no


This exactly.


Samesies.

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby NJPitcher » Fri May 04, 2012 5:37 pm

NJPitcher wrote:The whole "hold" concept feels like a complete scam - just call it a waitlist before your deposit deadline or give me my application fee back.


...and then I got admitted? Wild, did not see that coming. Still, the whole no money thing is a bummer. About to make a fruitless phone call...

User avatar
whatismylife
Posts: 173
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:40 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby whatismylife » Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 pm

NJPitcher wrote:
NJPitcher wrote:The whole "hold" concept feels like a complete scam - just call it a waitlist before your deposit deadline or give me my application fee back.


...and then I got admitted? Wild, did not see that coming. Still, the whole no money thing is a bummer. About to make a fruitless phone call...


U got admitted today? Or yesterday?

NJPitcher
Posts: 146
Joined: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:29 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby NJPitcher » Fri May 04, 2012 5:54 pm

whatismylife wrote:
NJPitcher wrote:
NJPitcher wrote:The whole "hold" concept feels like a complete scam - just call it a waitlist before your deposit deadline or give me my application fee back.


...and then I got admitted? Wild, did not see that coming. Still, the whole no money thing is a bummer. About to make a fruitless phone call...


U got admitted today? Or yesterday?


Yesterday.

jeninamillion
Posts: 88
Joined: Sun May 08, 2011 2:17 am

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby jeninamillion » Sat May 05, 2012 1:05 am

Just got admitted yesterday! This acceptance definitely changed everything for me! I'm dropping off my deposit tomorrow.

wishesarefishes
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby wishesarefishes » Sun May 06, 2012 8:43 pm

This is possibly the stupidest question ever but what address do we send the deposit to? Neither the admission letter (off hold FINALLY!) nor the admitted student page give a specific address for the JD program (there's an address for the joint JD-MBA program but it's the school of management). My best guess is:

Northwestern University School of Law
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
375 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3069

Sorry, I'm just paranoid that I'll send my deposit to the wrong place and lose my spot somehow.

User avatar
bk1
Posts: 18402
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:06 pm

Re: NU Apps '11-'12 - Good Luck Hold Candidates!!!! <3

Postby bk1 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:45 pm

Pretty sure that's right. The school uses both "357 East Chicago Ave" and "375 East Chicago Ave" interchangeably.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ad34964n, Cognitiveproblem, goldescholes, KeYe88, NotAGolfer, tinafeyclone, xholdman and 14 guests